Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the home'

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps

But but but the system :mjgrin:

You what type of school NBA went too? Do you know what type of area he grew up in?

Do you know how his mama and daddy was raised? :mjgrin:

Why he lived in an area where the schools were run-down and books were old, no jobs, no money to get from having a job, what you think will happen in an area like that :mjgrin:

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
No we dont! They all hate black women with a passion and paint black men as victims.

They ONLY care about black men.

With men like that as our leaders black girls would probably be get prisoned for getting raped.

Ya know since black girls are Soo horrible.

I love black women and only black women...

I believe a black man should never allow himself to be a victim.

The state of our community falls more on black men than anything. I go much harder on men than women.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Alright so it’s been a couple hours and I still everyone of you conservatives have ignored that black parents spend more money on their kids education than whites :pachaha:
I'm going to briefly dispute your point. I believe your original post said black parents spend a higher percentage of their income on their kids now you're saying they spend more money. The two aren't really the same. We already know white household income is higher than black household income. If we work with simple numbers and say the black household is at $1000, the white is $2000. If something at school costs $100 that's 10% and 5% respectively but the cost is the same. The numbers are deceiving.

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
nikka, I get it. As I said, the black community been at a societal disadvantage. However, the problem is that there are plenty of nikkas who know full well about this and that blacks also have their own hand in the problems plaguing their community....and still dont give a fukk. All Denzel is saying is that is black households cleaned their act up, wed be in a better position to face white supremacy. nikkas need to stop with the excuses and defeatist mindstates, hold their nuts and man up. They need to quit giving these crakkkas ammo to use against us. Like someone mentioned earlier, blacks have been indoctrinated to the point to where a lot strive to be lesser. If youre not a negative stereotype youre seen as a lame or a square. Intellectualism and individualism is frowned upon. If these things changed alone, wed be damn near unstoppable. The white man holds us back but nikkas are out here helping him. And as far as your earlier post, youre right, we cant relate. My parents taught me to hold my own nuts and play the cards im dealt rather than flip the table crying cuz I got a shytty hand. When you enter the fight thinking youll lose, you will.

I would like to argue that, that is now slowly changing. So there is hope. I see alot of people starting to realize this and make changes to correct themselves.

The more we point it out the better.

TeenTitansGo

Banned
Daps
fukk you wench. You claim he hates black women and got an agenda when this statement done exposed yours.

I have a black boyfriend tho?

Why u taking it personal? :pachaha:

As regarding his statement he said some shyt just like I did regarding black girls.

But I see you didn't call him out. :jbhmm:

An eye for an eye
:yeshrug:

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
No we dont! They all hate black women with a passion and paint black men as victims.

They ONLY care about black men.

With men like that as our leaders black girls would probably be get prisoned for getting raped.

Ya know since black girls are Soo horrible.

Truth.

These dudes fap each other up but hate the women that look like them. You wonder why we got so many coins out there. Just can't come together for the love of god.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
I would like to argue that, that is now slowly changing. So there is hope. I see alot of people starting to realize this and make changes to correct themselves.

The more we point it out the better.

He's wrong any nikka in the hood knows that these same good chicks are dating men old enough to be there father just for a stable man with mkney.

That nikkas wanna be ignorant is cac talking points.

These women are running away from anything not sounding proper.

Daps
man, re-read what you just typed.

you got all of that from denzel simply saying "if a young man doesn't have a father figure, he'll go find a father figure"

now we're talking about wearing clothes and being killed, getting pulled over and cops fukking with us...cmon my dude.

hell, he'd probably agree with everything you all are saying about the system and racism

but that doesn't negate his point he's making...these kids don't have fathers or father figures in their lives

we can intellectualize about HOW and WHY it's that way all day long, but in order to break the cycle we gotta try and fix it

I'm wrong? :jbhmm:

So, why didnt he simply intellectualize it and ruminate on ideas on how to help those black boys without fathers to lead positive and productive lives? Why make some mindless aside to cac media and give them fuel to shyt on black people? It was a smart dumb comment by Denzel.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
It can start at the church breh,

no. no it can't. the church is a place you visit every now and again - your home IS. WHERE. YOU. ARE. RAISED.

every one of us reading this got our values, morals, beliefs, even how we chew our food from the homes where we were raised

it's okay to admit that denzel had a point, he wasn't oversimplifying anything - fixing the home is a great start to fixing the black community

and this is not the first time this has been said. :manny:

Last edited: