Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the home'

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
The "You can be innocent, doing nothing" argument...

Let's be honest and speak the unspoken...

How many of you really been in these streets? How many of you been arrested? How many of you really sold dope, bust a head, or stole shyt? Was really with a clique of hittas?

If so admit this...

When the police rolled up on your crew as you were on the corner doing nothing, it just so happened THAT day you weren't doing nothing! Some other days they could have saved someone from a beatdown, robbery, or even murder?

I'm talking this because hopefully there are black people in this didcussion.

One of my arrests, I'm in jail "Man them fukkascrackas didn't find that dope on me cuz...". Which was true...but I left out the part that I had sold my last 30 minutes earlier! And here I am in jail like...I don't know what dope is.

We don't like being honest with ourselves.

We'll have nikkas with 8 bodies in prison screaming louder than anyone else because the Judge gave you 30 years for stealing gum. MUfukkA YOU KNOW YOUR ASS SHOULD BE DEAD OR IN PRISON!

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Im. Respond to this.

So let me ask you a question.

If you grew up min a single parent home and seen your mother handle everything, how would you come out?

Let's say she babied you and paid all your bills would you grew up to be a responsible man when you never had too? Would you have perfect. Credit when you never needed it?

Now let's say you got a 30 year old man who never left home, he's tired of his mom but he's poor and can't leave. Day the phone rings and his boys are going to the strip club to drink some Benny and smoke, is he gonna go or stay with his momma?

I'm not gonna address your made for tv drama shyt I'm addressing the mind of a man and masculinity.
nikka, I get it. As I said, the black community been at a societal disadvantage. However, the problem is that there are plenty of nikkas who know full well about this and that blacks also have their own hand in the problems plaguing their community....and still dont give a fukk. All Denzel is saying is that is black households cleaned their act up, wed be in a better position to face white supremacy. nikkas need to stop with the excuses and defeatist mindstates, hold their nuts and man up. They need to quit giving these crakkkas ammo to use against us. Like someone mentioned earlier, blacks have been indoctrinated to the point to where a lot strive to be lesser. If youre not a negative stereotype youre seen as a lame or a square. Intellectualism and individualism is frowned upon. If these things changed alone, wed be damn near unstoppable. The white man holds us back but nikkas are out here helping him. And as far as your earlier post, youre right, we cant relate. My parents taught me to hold my own nuts and play the cards im dealt rather than flip the table crying cuz I got a shytty hand. When you enter the fight thinking youll lose, you will.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let's keep it real, selling drugs is the "easiest" way to get paid TODAY. No piss test, no application, and cash in hand which buys your food, pays a bill, or buys a pamper today, not two weeks from now. You're putting in hours anyway, whether it be on a corner or at a job. Not that I advocate for anyone to sell drugs, but I can see the mentality.

This is why I feel cash needs to be offered as payment to fix dilapidated neighborhoods. Make them sign in and they get paid only after they complete X number of hours. Have entrepreneurial middle and high school programs and give the kids jobs to clean, cook meals, grow gardens, etc. The city has fleets of vehicles, pay the high school kids to change oil, brakes, wash the cars, etc. Plumbing, electrician apprenticeships and stuff like that in middle school. You're paying someone to perform these services anyway, why not use the kids and give them a finance lesson at the same time. Show them a path to creating income for themselves in a legal way.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
nikka, I get it. As I said, the black community been at a societal disadvantage. However, the problem is that there are plenty of nikkas who know full well about this and that blacks also have their own hand in the problems plaguing their community....and still dont give a fukk. All Denzel is saying is that is black households cleaned their act up, wed be in a better position to face white supremacy. nikkas need to stop with the excuses and defeatist mindstates, hold their nuts and man up. They need to quit giving these crakkkas ammo to use against us. Like someone mentioned earlier, blacks have been indoctrinated to the point to where a lot strive to be lesser. If youre not a negative stereotype youre seen as a lame or a square. Intellectualism and individualism is frowned upon. If these things changed alone, wed be damn near unstoppable. The white man holds us back but nikkas are out here helping him. And as far as your earlier post, youre right, we cant relate. My parents taught me to hold my own nuts and play the cards im dealt rather than flip the table crying cuz I got a shytty hand. When you enter the fight thinking youll lose, you will.

My point is that your asking men. To think outside the box and that within itself is unrealistic.

Most people follow each other.

Why are their more. Mercedes in south Florida than orlando/tampa combined?

I'm giving you real world examples of how people think and your throwing out made for tv stories.

Not saying I disagree but factor in youth as well, I'm smartened up a older age not when I was 22

But whatever I'm done no big deal.

Let's just say I can bag fine goes at 40 being poor? I may have never changed.

So. The system is out there training the mind, what is mgtow? Look mat these shootingd, politocs, left vs right.

Your asking a lot of people to be independent minded.

Deus

I'm the REAL Zucotti Manicotti
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kingsbridge
It's an empty judgment since it can be applied to the entire black community. It's also so sweeping that you can't help but assume he's talking about black people as a whole instead of a small minority.

Making better choices of who you have kids with applies to everyone of all races everywhere. We have all this knowledge and technology and everyone is still doing the same stupid shyt.

Yes, Denzel is right on one point, don't make it easy for the criminal justice system. It's rigged so stay away from the traps.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Of course it has SOME effect

But Not the SINGLE MOTHERS I've dated

:manny:

They CHOSE these dudes ..

Look at Casonova Babymama....

She knew he was a robbing azz mofo ..she even went on heists with him on some Bonnie n Clyde shyt

Then when he gets his azz locked up ..

She starts :to: crying cause he wasn't there for the baby shower and she fears raising her child alone

Most of these dudes had children from previous relationships that they were not taking care of....

Stop making excuses and start making changes...

U cant defend all these Ig thots and club Byatches seeking guys who don't have father figure characteristics....

Most of these hoes ain't seeking a daddy...

The Government got they back....

They just wanted to have FUN with no ACCOUNTIBILITY..and now the children have to suffer...

Cause mama wanted a HOT BOY

A lot of people want to kill you for talking the truth. I say, keep spitting fire and haunt them in their sleep.

Dzali OG

Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
nikka they wanna feel like a man, what you know about being poor and being told you ain't shyt? What you know about taking orders from women all day and nikkas ain' fukking with you cuz you look like a bum? What you know about finally getting right and being told to marry that 35 year old with 3 kids cuz she loves the Lord? nikka you know nothing.

These white dudes are men from birth.

Denzel is speaking mostly nonsense without real evidence but it sounds Good to you nikkas who clear 80k and always dated.

What you think rap music, liquor and hanging with the boys do? Compare that to living with mom and have you order you around all day. If your call you you'll be at the strip club instead of being home with mom.

You know nothing, yall far from dudes who know yall are just suburban kids who watch too much tv and listen to bullshyt.

A man wanna feel like a man. I was 35 making 12 a hour going downtown and being treated like shyt cuz how I look. Middle age darkskin poor man, even these woke sisters were shytting on me. I finally started a career over 40.

And I'm proud of myself cuz I could have easily ran up on you bytch ass nikkas and took you with me to another reality.

I'm rewarded with old bytches criticizing me for not wanting they old ass friends with 20 year old kids, I'm close to grabbing cindy and marrying that bytch and bowing out of this black shyt, you nikkas are as clueless and foolish as they come

You seperate from people who don' look like you, then cry fake tears when trayvon catches a bullet to the chest, 3 weeks later you back criticizing poor folks again.

Yall love white people plain and simple.

You don't know how it feels to be a poor black grown ass man fighting to be respecte and having to battle insecurities of how you turned out.

Praying to GOD to help you get life together.

But you quick to criticize.

:lolbron:

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Let's keep it real, selling drugs is the "easiest" way to get paid TODAY. No piss test, no application, and cash in hand which buys your food, pays a bill, or buys a pamper today, not two weeks from now. You're putting in hours anyway, whether it be on a corner or at a job. Not that I advocate for anyone to sell drugs, but I can see the mentality.

This is why I feel cash needs to be offered as payment to fix dilapidated neighborhoods. Make them sign in and they get paid only after they complete X number of hours. Have entrepreneurial middle and high school programs and give the kids jobs to clean, cook meals, grow gardens, etc. The city has fleets of vehicles, pay the high school kids to change oil, brakes, wash the cars, etc. Plumbing, electrician apprenticeships and stuff like that in middle school. You're paying someone to perform these services anyway, why not use the kids and give them a finance lesson at the same time. Show them a path to creating income for themselves in a legal way.

Most what these guys who sell drugs do is for attention. You can probably say a lot of men would sit on they ass if they had some fine women who were cool with it.

If say credit cards and all that do nothing, it's a issue with interactions, fix that and everything solved itself.

I'm more a fan of arranged marriages amoung the poor than anything else. Once these guys have a life partner slot of other issues would solve itself.

Daps
Making better choices of who you have kids with applies to everyone of all races everywhere. We have all this knowledge and technology and everyone is still doing the same stupid shyt.

Yes, Denzel is right on one point, don't make it easy for the criminal justice system. It's rigged so stay away from the traps.

So all the mothers of these kids who got caught up in the system made poor choices. Is that your diagnosis?

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama

Facts

Dzali OG

Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
Most what these guys who sell drugs do is for attention. You can probably say a lot of men would sit on they ass if they had some fine women who were cool with it.

If say credit cards and all that do nothing, it's a issue with interactions, fix that and everything solved itself.

I'm more a fan of arranged marriages amoung the poor than anything else. Once these guys have a life partner slot of other issues would solve itself.

:lolbron:

From reading your last couple posts...you must be hideously, ugly breh? I mean on some hunch-back Notre Dame shyt huh?

:lolbron: Got you in here asking for arranged marriages. Just traumatizing hoes at the alter like:

:scust:I do...

Just jokes breh, breh...

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The "You can be innocent, doing nothing" argument...

Let's be honest and speak the unspoken...

How many of you really been in these streets? How many of you been arrested? How many of you really sold dope, bust a head, or stole shyt? Was really with a clique of hittas?

If so admit this...

When the police rolled up on your crew as you were on the corner doing nothing, it just so happened THAT day you weren't doing nothing! Some other days they could have saved someone from a beatdown, robbery, or even murder?

I'm talking this because hopefully there are black people in this didcussion.

One of my arrests, I'm in jail "Man them fukkascrackas didn't find that dope on me cuz...". Which was true...but I left out the part that I had sold my last 30 minutes earlier! And here I am in jail like...I don't know what dope is.

We don't like being honest with ourselves.

We'll have nikkas with 8 bodies in prison screaming louder than anyone else because the Judge gave you 30 years for stealing gum. MUfukkA YOU KNOW YOUR ASS SHOULD BE DEAD OR IN PRISON!

:whoo:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
1)So you don't know the difference between a deflection and an observation either.... :childplease:

2)Riddle me this....

A people that can't control how their kids are educated
don't have any real say on how public policy is dictated or created
can't control how their own communities are policed
can't control the real estate in their own community
can't control how community endeavors are financed
controls literally 0% of any American infrastructure.. ie banking, natural resources, land development, etc
doesn't have a military or access to one
can't create employment opportunities for future generations that will affect systemic change
etc
etc
etc

3)I can go on for months... what good is a degree if you're not in a position to bring systemic, wholistic change that can benefit your entire demographic..... nikkas were getting college educations during the peak of slavery, but that's not what brought an end to slavery.... not even close....

1) You deflected .

2) my original response to IRMI was
If you're being serious and not being sarcastic, here is the only honest answer.

WS is about control of resources and power. Economics and institutions.

EDUCATION.EDUCATION.EDUCATION. Harness and control the resources and power that we already have in our communities. Leverage that to gain more resources and power.Build and expand our economics and institutions and then we exert more control.

If you're a student of American history, there are examples of it happening here.
There are also examples in 20th century world history.

Person who isn't talking about control of resources and power is just talking out of their ass about "fighting white supremacy".REAL TALK.

The education,education,education part seemed to offend you, because you only quoted those 3 words of my post. No, a college education is not a magic wand that makes all of those conditions you mentioned appear out of thin air. An educated socially mobile population of African people here are more likely to acquire the power required to achieve those ends than whatever you think the alternative is,though.

I mentioned in a previous post that there are examples in American history, and in 20th century world history of groups rising and achieving power through education.

3) Again..there is no magic wand, sorry. It's going to take sacrifice and hard work and EDUCATION to bring about those types of changes. If you're saying "why bother to get a degree if you can't click your heels and change the conditions for all Blacks folks OVERNIGHT"..then I'm sorry, it sounds like person crafting an excuse to not try. It's loser talk.

Last edited: