Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the home'

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Sadly it's both.

No one put a gun to cats heads to make em trap, but the gubment putting that shyt out there on some :mjgrin: shyt is disgusting as well.
Is it really both though. People keep saying its both when like I will keep saying and maybe this is an assumption but most of the people on here haven't been in jail and involved with illegal shyt. I'm pretty sure most of the people y'all know also aren't involved with the shyts so how much is it government or white supremacy fault compared to individuals own faults? I say this as a person with friends in jail but none personally are victims of crooked justice but bad decisions.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
:lolbron:

From reading your last couple posts...you must be hideously, ugly breh? I mean on some hunch-back Notre Dame shyt huh?

:lolbron: Got you in here asking for arranged marriages. Just traumatizing hoes at the alter like:

:scust:I do...

Just jokes breh, breh...

All good breh I'm not ugly at all but going through the struggle alters your mind.

I'm from the hold, got dudes at the titty bar right now drinking their life away depressed over females.

Imo love is the main factor, money just makes you more acceptable to deal with.

If these good cats had a wife and a family I don't they'll be as stressed out and causing crime imo.

TeenTitansGo

Banned
Daps
@Bimothy Slangwell (Slang) and. @THE RETIRED SKJ. Are legit OGs that the black community needs. They hold more credibility in the street life that so many people glorify on here AS WELL AS the pro black circles.

No we dont! They all hate black women with a passion and paint black men as victims.

They ONLY care about black men.

With men like that as our leaders black girls would probably be get prisoned for getting raped.

Ya know since black girls are Soo horrible.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The education,education,education part seemed to offend you, because you only quoted those 3 words of my post. No, a college education is not a magic wand

How do you know that the word education stated thrice offended me? What is that based off of? I made my statement that education has never liberated anyone because it hasn’t... and history says such..... and if education isn’t a magic wand... that’s all you needed to say after my initial quote.... all that other shyt you talking is filibuster

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Is it really both though. People keep saying its both when like I will keep saying and maybe this is an assumption but most of the people on here haven't been in jail and involved with illegal shyt. I'm pretty sure most of the people y'all know also aren't involved with the shyts so how much is it government or white supremacy fault compared to individuals own faults? I say this as a person with friends in jail but none personally are victims of crooked justice but bad decisions.

I'm referring more to how the system punishes us harder than our "counterparts" for the same shyt. They want to throw us in jail every chance they get, and I hate the fact that far too many of us are willing to give them that satisfaction by doing the illegal shyt. I don't feel sorry for cats locked up for trappin and other shyt, esp if they deserve it. What I can't stand is nikkaz who knew the consequences and end up tellin on other nikkaz for lighter sentences. That shyt disgusts me.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I'm referring more to how the system punishes us harder than our "counterparts" for the same shyt. They want to throw us in jail every chance they get, and I hate the fact that far too many of us are willing to give them that satisfaction by doing the illegal shyt. I don't feel sorry for cats locked up for trappin and other shyt, esp if they deserve it. What I can't stand is nikkaz who knew the consequences and end up tellin on other nikkaz for lighter sentences. That shyt disgusts me.
Ok I can rock with this after the explanation. I'm on the same vibe

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Ok.

Breh, that does nothing to rectify the system. That's just like him saying if black ppl stop wearing certain clothes we won't be killed

If I get stop in my car and given a ticket and I'm asking the cop why he stopped me and giving me this ticket and he hauls me off to jail, gives me 3 or 4 charges for me just asking, how is my parents that's raised me in a good environment going to help me in that moment while I'm heading my ass off to jail??

Breh it's bigger than what he's saying. Ppl have evil hearts and it starts at black ppl in most cases not having a fair playing field. Come to New Orleans and I'll show you some areas and I'll ask you how good parenting that's living in those areas will keep ppl out of jail/prison.

Fall back breh, it's bigger than him being the head of some boys and girls club, Tell him to come to the 7th/3rd ward and other areas around New Orleans and lead those boys and girls

Everything aint roses and dandy everywhere

man, re-read what you just typed.

you got all of that from denzel simply saying "if a young man doesn't have a father figure, he'll go find a father figure"

now we're talking about wearing clothes and being killed, getting pulled over and cops fukking with us...cmon my dude.

hell, he'd probably agree with everything you all are saying about the system and racism

but that doesn't negate his point he's making...these kids don't have fathers or father figures in their lives

we can intellectualize about HOW and WHY it's that way all day long, but in order to break the cycle we gotta try and fix it

I'm wrong? :jbhmm:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Expect an actor to recite Michelle Alexander books front to back when giving an interview brehs. Outside of being famous, he is stil just a man whose insight isn’t more enlighten by being famous. Might as well ask the dude on the corner his opinion and depending on his educational level you may get a wide array of possible answers, including ones you think are misguided.

If you feel someone is off the mark, and they’re not trying to insult and spread hate, instead of thinking they should be cast out and chided, how about you make your argument and critique in a reasonable way and try to persuade them otherwise. Like a rational human being.

TeenTitansGo

Banned
Daps
So you raised a child? Congratulations. Here's a cookie. What the fukk does that have to do with the idiocy coming out of Denzel's mouth?

He's bitter and scorned so that's why he's coming to the coli to hate on black girls.

He use to date single moms but now is lashing out like a Child lol. Pathetic

They make all types of excuses for black boys while blaming black girls for everything.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
man, re-read what you just typed.

you got all of that from denzel simply saying "if a young man doesn't have a father figure, he'll go find a father figure"

now we're talking about wearing clothes and being killed, getting pulled over and cops fukking with us...cmon my dude.

hell, he'd probably agree with everything you all are saying about the system and racism

but that doesn't negate his point he's making...these kids don't have fathers or father figures in their lives

we can intellectualize about HOW and WHY it's that way all day long, but in order to break the cycle we gotta try and fix it

I'm wrong? :jbhmm:

Don't disagree with kids not needing a father, but my position was that just because you were raised at home by good parenting doesn't mean you won't go to jail/prison, it's more to it than just this whole "it starts at home" I agree but I'm not going to behave that is the solution to stop these issues black ppl have

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Don't disagree with kids not needing a father, but my position was that just because you were raised at home by good parenting doesn't mean you won't go to jail/prison, it's more to it than just this whole "it starts at home" I agree but I'm not going to behave that is the solution to stop these issues black ppl have

but he clearly said "it STARTS there", it's in the article title man

you all are up and down this discussion giving your interpretations of what this man said, or how y'all took it.

that's not his fault - just judge the mans words based on what he said and leave it at that.

a 2 parent home is a good start, it's not a solution, and nobody is saying that.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Expect an actor to recite Michelle Alexander books front to back when giving an interview brehs. Outside of being famous, he is stil just a man whose insight isn’t more enlighten by being famous. Might as well ask the dude on the corner his opinion and depending on his educational level you may get a wide array of possible answers, including ones you think are misguided.

If you feel someone is off the mark, and they’re not trying to insult and spread hate, instead of thinking they should be cast out and chided, how about you make your argument and critique in a reasonable way and try to persuade them otherwise. Like a rational human being.

Using this example, would you think Lavar raised his kids in the right manner?

His kid went to China and did what he did, how did the "good home parenting" work out for him? They say he was looking at 10 years, but I bet if it was a bunch of cacs it wouldn't have been so fierce (IMO) but how many times you hear these judges tell cacs that commit crime "I won't give them time because they had a hard life or some may say they came from a good home" You got cacs killing ppl but not doing jail time because they came from good homes, you had a kid Tamir rice who came from a good home, get killed or cats who come from good homes get the book thrown at them for a petty crime that they did or may have not done. So all these it starts at home is a bunch talking points which has no dealings with the prison system. Yo black ass will still get toss the max and still be tossed in jail/prison no matter what kind of home you came from

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
but he clearly said "it STARTS there", it's in the article title man

you all are up and down this discussion giving your interpretations of what this man said, or how y'all took it.

that's not his fault - just judge the mans words based on what he said and leave it at that.

a 2 parent home is a good start, it's not a solution, and nobody is saying that.

It can start at the church breh, that doesn't mean anything in the system we live in breh.

It can start at a foster home. Doesn't matter where it "starts" this good moral, you can have good foster parents, a good pastor/church members placing good value within you, doesn't matter who is the teacher, the good moral is in you, you still can get ate up out here in this system