Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the home'

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
So you think that the single mother cycle is all about black women being thots and black men being jackasses who leave?

It takes two to tango, but yes. Single mothers and deadbeat dad's didn't have a Father-figure in their lives, this the predictable outcome...not too difficult to figure out.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Now what if some cop planted drugs on you? What if officer George Zimmerman is following you home one night? What if you're convicted of a murder you didn't commit because he looked like another black man or you had the same nickname as him, and 30 years go by before the Innocence Project is on your case? Having a father in the household is guaranteed to prevent any of this stuff from happening to you?

Yall nikkas man.... :russ:

All I said was children are the future and deserve all the tools necessary to succeed and beat the system and yall find a way to start beef :russ:

The system is fukkED... But I have parents who blessed me with private school, safe neighborhoods, employment opportunities thru the family business and knowledge on white supremacy from a young age.... I'm blessed and I'm gonna make the most of it......but I know several homies of mine who barely got half of that... And that shyt aint fair... Lot of my homies come from broken homes.... I'll never understand the concept of bringing black babies into the world without any resouces or knowledge.... its almost criminal how so many of us throw our babies into the belly of the beast WITH ZERO KNOWLEDGE AND ZERO RESOURCES... Children dont choose to be here.... So if you have one -you better have some Goddamn resources & knowledge lined up for them :stopitslime:

The system is fukked but you'll never see me talkin bout "its the system man...."

The white man never gonna take his boot off our necks....imma still handle my business regardless.

What do you want me to say? Imma just give up?

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
Survey finds dads defy stereotypes about black fatherhood

Black men who don't live at home are more active their children's lives than white/hispanic men who don't live at home. Imagine that.

BUT most white children grow up with their biological fathers living in their home until adulthood.

Most Asian-American children grow up with their biological fathers living in their home until adulthood.

And currently, a slim majority of Hispanic children grow up with their biological fathers living in their home until adulthood.

Only black children in America grow up as a majority raised by mothers, grandmothers, foster care, and in group homes -- the majority of black children do not grow up with their biological fathers living in the same household.

LoStranger

Banned
Daps
If that's the case Denzel then why do African Americans have the highest prison exoneration rates? :ohhh:

However the rest of you are correct about the single mother whores who hop from dikk to dikk and crap out baby after baby outta dey nasty ass vaginas.....I can't stand that shyt. :stopitslime:

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
If nikkas would look at what he said logically rather than emotionally, they would see he pretty much spoke facts. Yes, the system is stacked against us and is unfair, but lets not act like these nikkas wilding out here are victims :francis:
I mean, you have people out here screaming free nikkas who were running around selling poison to, robbing and killing other blacks. Enough fukking said, a lot of these nikkas just hand their own asses to the system :francis:

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
a lot of these nikkas just hand their own asses to the system :francis:

Their parents handed them over to the system the very second they had children with absolutely nothing to pass down... No knowledge... No stability... No resources.. No role models.... Of course chaos is gonna happen.... I THINK thats what Denzel was trying to say.

Daps
Of course you wouldn't look at his success because people like you stay looking for a way to discredit folks. Ole he didn't come from the super bottom so it isn't relevant as nikkas I tell ya. Also its only a handful of people period regardless of race about to do much in this world so hell is your point? Just say you're a hater instead of making up these bullshyt ways dude didn't make it.

How am I hater by saying I don't really need to hear the patronizing tone of a detached millionaire speaking down on his own people?

Daps
QUOTE="Wear My Dawg's Hat, post: 27298850, member: 30088"]BUT most white children grow up with their biological fathers living in their home until adulthood.

Most Asian-American children grow up with their biological fathers living in their home until adulthood.

And currently, a slim majority of Hispanic children grow up with their biological fathers living in their home until adulthood.

Only black children in America grow up as a majority raised by mothers, grandmothers, foster care, and in group homes -- the majority of black children do not grow up with their biological fathers living in the same household.[/QUOTE]

The article didn't say that. It said, of non-coresidential homes, black fathers are more involved in their children's lives. I'm just putting a lie to one myth they love to use in the campaign against black manhood.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So we are to believe that black women are solely responsible for the fact that most black children grow up without fathers in the household?

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
The article didn't say that. It said, of non-coresidential homes, black fathers are more involved in their children's lives. I'm just putting a lie to one myth they love to use in the campaign against black manhood.

That stat is intended to make the society comfortable with black fathers being missing from the households
in which our children reside.

So its fine if your son's gym teacher sees him more times in a given week than you do.

Meanwhile, the majority of non-black children in America are still raised with both of their parents living together.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
How am I hater by saying I don't really need to hear the patronizing tone of a detached millionaire speaking down on his own people?
You're a hater because of that stupid shyt you kicking about he didn't come from an appropriate bottom for you. That is straight hater talk. You a hater nikka period but you don't think you are one so fukk it don't need to go back and forth about it.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Boy STFU I am a PARENT

your non Puzzy getting azz has yet to experience life off this board....

I know damn well the benifit of having a father figure and OGs in your life...

My pops and Older Gods from the Nation of Islam played a big role in my life....

And I've become a responsible black man cause I have structure...

You have a problem with DENZEL statement cause you can't identify with it cause you were raised to be an UNDERACHIEVER who has a problem being himself......

And decided to create a Character to live vicariously through because you ain't shyt...yo daddy wasn't shyt and it goes back to your ain't shyt mama making bad decisions in life ..

Like giving birth to your Illogical thinking azz........

Yes we have a system against us..

But that don't mean you stop acting responsible......

You better get yo mind right...and stop all this HYPOCRITICAL HOTEP NONSENSE

AND BE A MAN :ufdup:

But remeber having a father doesn' a mean you'l mmake a job so we can bash bad parenting all day, women still want achievers and men still wanna feel like men so I can't say Denzel is 100 right cuz their is a system against.

We also gotta admit separatinf the home made alot of business owners rich as women are targeted as good spenders and shoppers.

So it' n as easy as "you don't have a daddy that's why you poor". It goes much deeper than that. We look down on poor people, the whole system ain't shyt.

Cane blame a 35 year old poor uneducated man for turning to a life of crime the system destroys him for ending up that way.

Cane blame rap cuz it' a father figure for alot of men out there.

Can' blame that man who had to fight to get it together and not wanting that single mother. Its just life man. We ain' perfect.

The system will eat off black men forever.

My dap count and reply count is low cuz I said I was a broke old man years ago but I held on and finally got a job and got moving. None of us are shyt to be honest.

Denzel is speaking cac talking points but I don' blame him, most these dudes don' come from that life and can' relate.