This is some sad shyt smh.

We black ppl really need to out these kind of ppl and cut them off

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
some things arent the same literally as they are figuratively.

Kill-Yourself-Guy.jpg

All that emotion ain’t called for. Your argument is that black Americans are oppressed, I simply pointed out that there are black Africans currently being enslaved right this second.

Asking if your oppression is on par with that is natural, no different than the discussion of sexism in the US vs Sexism in the Middle East. It’s not a “contest” but an intellectual discussion, and a very basic one at that.

Whatever feelings this conjured up for you is not my concern, but just because a discussion makes you uncomfortable doesn’t make it invalid.

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Boy STFU I am a PARENT

your non Puzzy getting azz has yet to experience life off this board....

I know damn well the benifit of having a father figure and OGs in your life...

My pops and Older Gods from the Nation of Islam played a big role in my life....

And I've become a responsible black man cause I have structure...

You have a problem with DENZEL statement cause you can't identify with it cause you were raised to be an UNDERACHIEVER who has a problem being himself......

And decided to create a Character to live vicariously through because you ain't shyt...yo daddy wasn't shyt and it goes back to your ain't shyt mama making bad decisions in life ..

Like giving birth to your Illogical thinking azz........

Yes we have a system against us..

But that don't mean you stop acting responsible......

You better get yo mind right...and stop all this HYPOCRITICAL HOTEP NONSENSE

AND BE A MAN :ufdup:

:whew:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's a deflection.
So I will post again.

????

You posted that education has never liberated anybody.

I posted a picture of sign at Bethune Cookman U.to refute what you posted. An HBCU founded by an educated Black woman to help educate OTHER Black people. If training people and expanding their career and life options isn't liberating, then what is? I'm not sure you've studied the history of Blacks in America. If you did, you would understand the role that education plays in obtaining resources, capital, and power.

So you don't know the difference between a deflection and an observation either.... :childplease:

Riddle me this....

A people that can't control how their kids are educated
don't have any real say on how public policy is dictated or created
can't control how their own communities are policed
can't control the real estate in their own community
can't control how community endeavors are financed
controls literally 0% of any American infrastructure.. ie banking, natural resources, land development, etc
doesn't have a military or access to one
can't create employment opportunities for future generations that will affect systemic change
etc
etc
etc

I can go on for months... what good is a degree if you're not in a position to bring systemic, wholistic change that can benefit your entire demographic..... nikkas were getting college educations during the peak of slavery, but that's not what brought an end to slavery.... not even close....

Last edited:

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
While I don't think Denzel was inaccurate, he was not telling the whole truth and did not go far enough on purpose just like other black entertainers in Hollywood. We put too much value into what people like him who "made it" say therefore proving his point.

That includes idiots like Meek Mill who want to be applauded for songs like "Young Black America" but spent the past 10+ proving the negative black male stereotype until it caught up with him. We march for him but not Wilbert Jones who lost 46 years of his life on a false rape charge.

Meanwhile feminist white women in Hollywood and on the Political scale have absolutely no issue suddenly ranting about how the white men they go home to have supposedly victimized them for so long when they control more wealth than ever and may rule the social scale within the next decade.

We can complain about white supremacy all day but we already know it; we see it on Youtube, other forums, comment sections, everywhere. If there was a button they could press to rid all of us from this country I think most of us would still be surprised how many would mash it. But they do not stop us from moving forward. Facebook Pro-Blacks complaining that the white man forced the black man out the household and replaced them with welfare is garbage because even a man making minimum wage brings more value to a household than government assistance.

Truth is we do need to get our house (and community) in order, IF we want to move up the ranks as a whole, but its hard to look in the mirror when the cards are clearly stacked against you.

Last edited:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Most of y'all know what Denzel said is at least 50 percent true. You just don't lije it cuz it gives white people talking points where they can say, see even Denzel said it.

We’ve always been this way, afraid to be critical of ourselves out of fear that our critics will use those talking points against us.

This is one reason why Cosby’s Pound Cake speech sparked a decade long discussion, it was something many of us thought but were afraid to say

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Well it's easier to bash us since we (celeb or not) don't seem out of reach, than attack WS. Its easier to make systematic racism to be some deistic deity, where it exists but doesn't affect our lives, unless "we ask for it"
It's like bizarro world here. These cats would fit right in on Fox News because they have the exact same talking points. The thing is, when Cosby said this exact same shyt years ago he was renounced by blacks here.
Most of y'all know what Denzel said is at least 50 percent true. You just don't lije it cuz it gives white people talking points where they can say, see even Denzel said it.
Saying that the system doesn't affect blacks is either true or it's not. There's no percentages to it. You people are stupid as fukk.

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
We’ve always been this way, afraid to be critical of ourselves out of fear that our critics will use those talking points against us.

This is one reason why Cosby’s Pound Cake speech sparked a decade long discussion, it was something many of us thought but were afraid to say

I agree with Denzel 100% but that Cosby Pound Speech was a load of irrelevant bs....

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Did this dude not see the documentary "13"

Did this dude not read "The New Jim Crow Laws" smh

This is some sad shyt smh.

We black ppl really need to out these kind of ppl and cut them off

You do know that Denzel is the official spokesperson for the boys and girls club across the country right? And has been since the early 90’s right?

You'll predictably say “so what!” to that, but don’t act like Denzel is just some actor flapping his gums, he’s put in the leg work.

Last edited:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
I have no idea. What does that have to do with what Denzel said?
Denzel is stating one of the many things black people have to do to sidestep and hopefully avoid the traps of systemic oppression.

One of those things is common sense, which is the "it starts at home". Like others have said in this thread, parents and hopefully entire black communities are the first line of defense against the system. Instilling knowledge that the system exists in the first place is vital. Instilling racial pride and knowledge of self/past history. Instilling positive self-esteem and loving ones own skin and features are all apart of "it starts at home".

White supremacy thrives on our own ignorance.
White supremacy thrives on not only the rest of the world hating and fearing black people but blacks hating and fearing each other.

I know the Coli hates the "it starts with us" saying but its true. Yes, we are victims but at some point WE have to fight against it. Do y'all not understand that or are we ALWAYS gonna be victims?

What is it that you guys think is gonna happen? Are y'all waiting for the white man to wake up one day and say "you know what? I've had a change of heart....lets take our foot off of the black man's neck" or do y'all agree that at some point, blacks are gonna have to actively unite and fight for change?

If you choose "fight for change" that means we are gonna have to have a mass change in our OWN mentality and how we feel about ourselves and each other.

"It starts at home" creates the mentality needed to better sidestep and fight the system. The system doesn't want strong and happy black homes.

Whether you agree or not, alot of black folk has a mentality that white supremacy thrives off of.

Daps

Only c00ns found any truth in Cosby's speech. Did you even hear it? Do I need to post quotes from it? :pachaha:

Black people need to stay the fukk on code and stop denigrating our own people in the white man's media.