Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the home'

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What's petty about Denzel parroting white supremacist talking points and blaming black people for their troubles? It's straight c00n shyt, no different than Bill Cosby's infamous "pound cake" speech.

"They will kill you over a slice of pound cake!!!!!!!" :what: :mjlol:
What would you have him preach? Personal accountability or go on about how we're all victims of a crooked system and there's nothing we can do about it and we're doomed?

Denzel isn't a white man that is in control of this system he's a black man that made it through the system despite the odds. Him talking about productive shyt like personal accountability instead of preaching victimhood and helplessness makes him a c00n right?

Gravity

Banned
Daps
System is messed up, but that still doesn't relieve folks from family obligations.
Who said it did? See how you have to create a straw man to juxtapose your bullshyt against? Nobody has said that the system being racist against us absolves us from all responsibility. The point of contention here is Denzel's "don't blame the system.....it starts at home" comment. You can't ride the fence. You can't acknowledge that the system oppresses us then claim to agree with Denzel. Denzel isn't acknowledging that the system is responsible for fukking up the black home. He's as if the description of the black family isn't caused by systematic white racism.

Daps
What would you have him preach? Personal accountability or go on about how we're all victims of a crooked system and there's nothing we can do about it and we're doomed?

Denzel isn't a white man that is in control of this system he's a black man that made it through the system despite the odds. Him talking about productive shyt like personal accountability instead of preaching victimhood and helplessness makes him a c00n right?

Denzel is an actor. He reads a script and recites those lines on film, getting paid very well for it. I commend him for his work, films that I enjoy very much. But, he did what maybe a handful of blacks are able to do in any given generation. That's not making "it through the system despite the odds." Making it through the system is waking up in hellish surroundings, applying yourself to the books, staying focused, and achieving great success - business/job, family, children, etc. I don't compare what Denzel achieved with the true winners of black society. So, as detached as he is from actual black experience, his opinion is kind of irrelevant.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
What's your point?
????

You posted that education has never liberated anybody.

I posted a picture of sign at Bethune Cookman U.to refute what you posted. An HBCU founded by an educated Black woman to help educate OTHER Black people. If training people and expanding their career and life options isn't liberating, then what is? I'm not sure you've studied the history of Blacks in America. If you did, you would understand the role that education plays in obtaining resources, capital, and power.

Daps
No. Now answer the question please.

All black people wake up tomorrow aware of the tactics of systematic oppression. We're all aware that we're victims in this society intended on keeping us down purposely.

Now what.

I have no idea. What does that have to do with what Denzel said?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
????

I posted a picture of sign at Bethune Cookman U.to refute what you posted. An HBCU founded by an educated Black woman to help educate OTHER Black people. If training people and expanding their career and life options isn't liberating, then what is? I'm not sure you've studied the history of Blacks in America. If you did, you would understand the role that education plays in obtaining resources, capital, and power.

You sit here and talk about someone and being "educated" and not knowing American black history, but can discern the difference between liberation and education? :mjlol:

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
"Corrupt judge or not". This is the mentality that you c00ns have that I just can't understand. When it comes to meek you give no slack but when it comes to systematic racist corruption you're just ":manny: so what, blacks should just know better".

As far as I know, Meek was violated on charges that were dropped with the judge ignoring the prosecution's contention that he shouldn't be violated. If it's true that her decision was based on some other shyt and she's corrupt, then she's the one who broke the law. You c00ns are allI'll "law and order" when it comes to blacks but you have a laissez fare attitude when it comes to systematic racist corruption against blacks.[/QUOT

Well it's easier to bash us since we (celeb or not) don't seem out of reach, than attack WS. Its easier to make systematic racism to be some deistic deity, where it exists but doesn't affect our lives, unless "we ask for it"

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's an empty judgment since it can be applied to the entire black community. It's also so sweeping that you can't help but assume he's talking about black people as a whole instead of a small minority.

first of all, if the world was balanced and oppression didnt exist....no one would have to make "choices" to do something that is natural. :rudy: not even going to get into fertility rate arguments. but yeah....I agree with you. in the past few years all I hear is people saying blacks need to make better choices when having kids. I mean think deep on that. What the fukk does that really mean when your natural nature is to pro-create. are they speaking about un-married couples or just generalizing?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
You sit here and talk about someone and being "educated" and not knowing American black history, but can discern the difference between liberation and education? :mjlol:

That's a deflection.
So I will post again.

????

Daps
first of all, if the world was balanced and oppression didnt exist....no one would have to make "choices" to do something that is natural. :rudy: not even going to get into fertility rate arguments. but yeah....I agree with you. in the past few years all I hear is people saying blacks need to make better choices when having kids. I mean think deep on that. What the fukk does that really mean when your natural nature is to pro-create. are they speaking about un-married couples or just generalizing?

Our own people sounding like eugenicists.