Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the home'

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
:francis: All imma say is a decade ago I probably would of disagreed with him. When you get older you start seeing shyt you just cant unsee
He told NO LIES :ufdup:

mane all these sorry azz thotting single mothers who made bad choices in men have gave birth to all these SAVAGES entering the Prison Industry complex

/thread

Denzel probably hurt some of yall feelings :umad:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
4956346.jpeg

What's your point?

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Denzel told no lies and America's toxic environment is really warping common sense. Children just don't come out the womb and learn to read/write, go to school, and work a 9-5.

That behavior is modeled directly from the parents or mentors in their lives. My family is working class and seeing everyone in my family always coming and going to work normalized that ethic.

Not all children get that chance and that is when they look outside of the home for a normalcy.

The failures can be blamed on a few things:
Feminism (which split the Black Family dynamic into normalized single parent homes)
War On Drugs (which stacked bodies)
Tough Prison Sentences

2/3 of those were designed to ravage our people, but specifically to target and undermine our male population.

On a one-on-one basis, the failure is with the man for not taking care of his children and the woman is equally to blame as she chose a poor man to procreate with... However, collectively, men are to blame as leaving a child without a Father causes significant emotional damages to the child. A woman simply doesn't have the temperament and accountability to properly raise a Black man...

Gravity

Banned
Daps
The failures can be blamed on a few things:
Feminism (which split the Black Family dynamic into normalized single parent homes)
War On Drugs (which stacked bodies)
Tough Prison Sentences
The system is responsible for perpetuating all of that. So if this is how you truly feel then you're not agreeing with Denzel.

A1aaa

Respectful Fade Runner & Card Puller
Daps
The system created the environment for parental failure.
Everything from dense, poor areas of nearly all Black people, to schools that have failed for decades, to increased prison sentences and police presence for small, non-violent crimes, to the economic void in nearly all of these areas leading to mass-unemployment, to segregated higher education that stopped Black peoples from getting college education when it became the initial springboard, etc.
You don't ignore the above to talk about "personal responsibility." He's too old to be this short-sighted.

a lot of the responses in here seem attributable to a lack of education. folks are stuck in here generalizing w/ their dumbass personal anecdotes meanwhile being incapable of understanding the fallacy of this argument in a larger, more relevant context. but if you look at most discourse around practically any topic today, this is what it devolves to... :yeshrug:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
More hurdles for a particular group of people means more kids will fall through the cracks. The rebellious spirit will have their energy misdirected toward self destruction so parents will need a more firm approach or face potentially losing their kids in the system.

System is bullshut but we dont have a choice but to ruse avove the traps. Since we know what the deal is.

A career criminal talkin about
"Its the system man"

Miss me :skip:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

some things arent the same literally as they are figuratively. I also said what Denzel said isnt that simple. this aint a pop quiz nikka, talmbout yes or no. :rudy: stop tryin to walk nikkas in bullshyt traps. if everything was yes/no there would be no need for human intellect. :camby:

white supremacy is white supremacy. there's levels to the shyt but dont try to cheapen or place more importance of one over the other. the issue itself must be eradicated...on ALL levels and that is what I am focused on, not comparing Libya to Black Americans. :snoop:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
More hurdles for a particular group of people means more kids will fall through the cracks. The rebellious spirit will have their energy misdirected toward self destruction so parents will need a more firm approach or face potentially losing their kids in the system.

System is bullshut but we dont have a choice but to ruse avove the traps. Since we know what the deal is.

A career criminal talkin about
"Its the system man"

Miss me :skip:
The system is why many blacks are forced to be criminals in the first place. Check the unemployment rates for young black men in major cities. It's disheartening how stupid you people are. It's a reality check.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
He's being real. Everyone is talking about meek. But imagine if Meek went 2 tears without fukking up paid all fines and went to the judge for a reduction in terms. Meek is an idiot. The system is fukked but he would be caught up either way.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
:francis: All imma say is a decade ago I probably would of disagreed with him. When you get older you start seeing shyt you just cant unsee

As I got older, I had to stop listening to Only God Can Judge Me on All Eyez on Me brehs because of these two lines.

They say it's the white man I should fear, but it's my own kind that's doing all the killing here

I can't stand how true these words have and continue to turn out to be.

Daps
Boy y'all will turn on our legends in a heartbeat :russ:

Wasn't there a thread earlier this year where dudes was calling Stevie Wonder a c00n over some petty shyt?:russ:

What's petty about Denzel parroting white supremacist talking points and blaming black people for their troubles? It's straight c00n shyt, no different than Bill Cosby's infamous "pound cake" speech.

"They will kill you over a slice of pound cake!!!!!!!" :what: :mjlol:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
What's petty about Denzel parroting white supremacist talking points and blaming black people for their troubles? It's straight c00n shyt, no different than Bill Cosby's infamous "pound cake" speech.

"They will kill you over a slice of pound cake!!!!!!!" :what: :mjlol:

Can YOU answer this?

Tomorrow Nov, 25th 2017 all black people on planet Earth wakes up with the knowledge of what and who the drivers of our plight are.

What's next? :lupe:

Nobody has responded yet.