Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the home'

Throwbacksample

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Texas
So we admit the system is corrupt but great parenting will remedy our struggles. :francis:This line of thinking makes no logical sense.

It's like making cars out of stronger metal to reduce car crashes on a road with no traffic lights. We arent the problem.....we get jammed up even if we're focused on staying straight. The system is rigged.

I dont think nobody is denying the fact that white supremacy exists or the system is rigged. The point denzel is trying to make is if the kid learns how the system is rigged and how the judicial system targets black folks, he will be better off. Not saying the child will be better off but more likely. If a black person knows they are giving out football numbers for carrying drugs, why even put yourself in a position to do drugs or be around drugs?

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Don't quote me breh. I've observed your posts and you're quite possibly the most miserable and angriest poster on this site. I don't do the cursing and name-calling.

Quote somebody else:camby:

You got the last word.
Motherfukk you fakkit. You made an empty stupid ass comment. I gives a fukk about your fragile ass feelings being hurt.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
how exactly am I derailing the issue when the literal title of the thread is "don't blame the prison system, it starts at home", which is to suggest that this is an issue to be addressed while children are still under the same roof as their parents?

Again, you're going to great lengths to avoid answering a very simple question about whether or not you plan to have kids.
Exactly. This isnt about my individual home or yours as much as it isn't about one prison or another. You're attempting to put the focus on me and mine and that's not happening.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
You could have it all together and still end up in prison. You can have a mother, and father, and they plant drugs on you or you're in the hood the overseers just wanna arrest you on false charges and the next thing you know your life is over. I lost my brother to the prison system when he was 16, he came out 16 years later (the amount of years he was alive before he ended up there). Tell that shyt to Pedro Hernandez and Kalief Browder. You gotta walk on egg shells hoping nothing happens to you as a black person in America. shyt is traumatic. Denzel is expendable, if they no longer see him as useful, he will fade into obscurity and luckily he has money so it won't mean much. As much as he can be propped up, he can lose it all, then I'd love to hear him say something about the "system".

Daps
Reppin
NULL
we have approximately 40 million Black people here, do you believe that the majority of them are born into abject poverty?

Let's take this back..... what percentage of black people do you think were living in poverty after the new deal? How about after the emancipation proclamation began to be enforced? Now couple that with daily acts of domestic terrorism against blacks.........

with all that being said, if we use your approach..... the majority of the black population shouldn't have had kids post slavery....

Last edited:
Daps
You can't be this dumb, breh. Can you?

He's just saying that people need to make better choices before they bring children into this world. Nothing wrong about that.

It's an empty judgment since it can be applied to the entire black community. It's also so sweeping that you can't help but assume he's talking about black people as a whole instead of a small minority.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
75% true

And continuing to have babies out of wedlock just adds to the problem

That is a symptom of the problem, the breakdown of the family structure and values/culture. It just became acceptable. Acknowledging it is the first step. A lot of black folks get offended when you talk down on the baby muva/daddy situations but that shyt isn't helpful to the enrichment of your child unless you both live in the same household and really take care of your kids TOGETHER.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
yes and no
mLoNOP8.gif