Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the home'

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Yea, Meek who knew the parameters of his probation and violated it. Corrupt judge or not he broke the law, so what the fukk did he think was gonna happen?
"Corrupt judge or not". This is the mentality that you c00ns have that I just can't understand. When it comes to meek you give no slack but when it comes to systematic racist corruption you're just ":manny: so what, blacks should just know better".

As far as I know, Meek was violated on charges that were dropped with the judge ignoring the prosecution's contention that he shouldn't be violated. If it's true that her decision was based on some other shyt and she's corrupt, then she's the one who broke the law. You c00ns are all "law and order" when it comes to blacks but you have a laissez fare attitude when it comes to systematic racist corruption against blacks.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I'm simply asking if you're planning to have children if you don't already have children. You're going to great lengths to avoid answering a very simple question.

That's not what happening here. You deraiing the issue which is at worst trolling, at best setting up a strawman.

Id gladly tell how many women i have or intend on nutting in only when you say what that info has to do with anything in this thread.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
He spoke nothing but the truth

Yes the system was designed to work against you

But u gotta defeat it, it starts at home with being there for ur kids stirring them in the right direction.

both my parents use to tell me all the time as a little boy that they set up traps for black men, don't fall for the traps.

the system is definitely designed for us to fail, why do you think they make shyt that sends us to prison and keep us out of corporate america so sexy and beautiful and infuse it in our music and culture.

and nikkas stay falling it...in fact, they'll call you a HATER for pointing this out!

giphy.gif

Boy y'all will turn on our legends in a heartbeat :russ:

Wasn't there a thread earlier this year where dudes was calling Stevie Wonder a c00n over some petty shyt?:russ:

they're short circuiting, not turning on him. these dudes will still watch his movies.

he said some shyt that hit home to these cats and they don't like it.

what in the fukk does white supremacy have to do with marrying your baby momma and staying your ass at home to HELP your kids out in life?
or a woman having more than one "baby daddy" and never been married:stopitslime:

Last edited:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
That's not what happening here. You deraiing the issue which is at worst trolling, at best setting up a strawman.

Id gladly tell how many women i have or intend on nutting in only when you say what that info has to do with anything in this thread.

how exactly am I derailing the issue when the literal title of the thread is "don't blame the prison system, it starts at home", which is to suggest that this is an issue to be addressed while children are still under the same roof as their parents?

Again, you're going to great lengths to avoid answering a very simple question about whether or not you plan to have kids.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, black men should be subject to a curfew? You sound like one scary ass black man.

this...

we should not have to walk around fearing police even though we havent done anything. any nikkas in here talkin that nonsense, be shaken in their boots when them blue lights go on. you know you aint done shyt right? why the fukk you scared? because they have made it inherent.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Boy y'all will turn on our legends in a heartbeat :russ:

Wasn't there a thread earlier this year where dudes was calling Stevie Wonder a c00n over some petty shyt?:russ:
Denzel and Stevie are entertainers. They aren't legends for their social commentary and they certainly aren't above critique when they say stupid shyt publicly. Stop being anti intellectual worshipping celebrities like a bytch. Aren't you a grown man?

JJ Evans

All Star
Daps
If the two parents have children, but are still spending their free time in the club/bar, with their motorcycles/car club, smoking blunts in the crib, or participating in orgies/swaps, then how do you really expect the kids to turn out?

Before you flag me, think about what I posted and be honest with yourselves.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
There's a lot of people here with brown skin that made it. Probably a bunch of them doing way better than me. I'm saying that victim shyt only goes so far. At some point you have to do whatever it takes to not be a victim. Granted if you start with a handicap it makes it harder but once you become a victim that means you have no control over what happened.

That's what I mean when I say Denzel is right and he's wrong. There's a system out to get you but the odds of you becoming a victim because of it involve you and your actions too. Some of it is circumstance but even then your personal focus has to be on what you can do to avoid it rather than the system that you don't control being against you.
The individual choices argument has never worked and will never work.

Whites and blacks both CHOOSE to use drugs at the same rate, so why is the the negative impact of drugs so much worse in the black community?

I agree that you can’t just sit back but the way to fight that is going to have the biggest impact is through politics and using actual data/research. Not cutting down your brothas and sisters using traditional white supremacist stereotypes

Pirius Black

Superstar
Daps
He's right to a certain extent. Having two parents who are dedicated to raising a child helps tremendously and gives that child a far better shot at avoiding the pitfalls of the system than a parent raised in a single parent household.
However, all a two parent house hold can do is give a child a better chance; there are plenty of men and women who were raised in two parent households that still managed to get ensnared by the prison industrial complex. You can do everything right, have all the opportunities and still get caught up, whether it's a result of wrong place wrong time, wrong crowd to be around or fitting an erroneous description. Everything starts at the home. Of that Denzel is 100% correct and he shouldn't be called a c00n because he's am advocate of strong, disciplined, two parent households giving kids a far greater chance at staying out the systems clutches. But sometimes the system determines the circumstances and life trajectory of the child before they are born. Some will just be fodder for the system regardless of parental circumstances.
Some people are disciplined enough and lucky enough to avoid the pitfalls the system and their immediate environment has laid out for them. We should all be aware of the traps and low expectations that the dominant society has laid for us. But we shouldn't deceive ourselves into thinking that respectability politics will save us from a system that runs off of and profits from black bodies.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Denzel and Stevie are entertainers. They aren't legends for their social commentary and they certainly aren't above critique when they say stupid shyt publicly. Stop being anti intellectual worshipping celebrities like a bytch. Aren't you a grown man?
Don't quote me breh. I've observed your posts and you're quite possibly the most miserable and angriest poster on this site. I don't do the cursing and name-calling.

Quote somebody else:camby:

You got the last word.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
All I'm saying is what good does it do you to focus on aspects of the system you have no control over? We've established the system is against you. It's time in your own mind to move past that and figure out how to navigate it anyway because everyone with brown skin isn't in prison. There are plenty of people with brown skin that have never been and will never go to prison. Do you wanna be like them or do you wanna be a victim of a system that's stacked against you?

People love being victims because it means they aren't responsible for what happened. People instinctively want to point the finger at something else and say that's why this happened to me. They'd rather absolve themselves of any responsibility for themselves and blame something else for their circumstances. Doing shyt like that does nothing for you.

It is what it is. This is the world you live in and it's been this way long enough to see it's not gonna change so you move past that and plot a course to success from wherever your starting point is. It's either that you you can end up in prison a victim that succumbed to a system stacked against them.