Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the home'

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tariq has half of black social media using that term and mostly out of context, and I get it.

but we literally just saw VIDEO of slavery and an actual slave auction last week:

so there is a form of american oppression and white supremacy, but it's completely in a first world context.

but you're touching on how lyndon b johnson destroyed our communities and turned them into voting farms - but i'll leave that for another discussion.

white supremacy is never dormant. its in effect whether you choose to see it or not. in America specifically we still have to look at who controls the media, the books, promotes what they want on TV and Music. blacks can never NOT take responsibility but again, speaking strictly from America, some want to dump all of the blame and responsibility on blacks like there is no unseen hand guiding and pulling strings. America is a different case all together based on how it was founded. lets not even get into other countries...like you said, for another discussion.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
So we admit the system is corrupt but great parenting will remedy our struggles. :francis:This line of thinking makes no logical sense.

It's like making cars out of stronger metal to reduce car crashes on a road with no traffic lights. We arent the problem.....we get jammed up even if we're focused on staying straight. The system is rigged.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
white supremacy is never dormant. its in effect whether you choose to see it or not. in America specifically we still have to look at who controls the media, the books, promotes what they want on TV and Music. blacks can never NOT take responsibility but again, speaking strictly from America, some want to dump all of the blame and responsibility on blacks like there is no unseen hand guiding and pulling strings. America is a different case all together based on how it was founded. lets not even get into other countries...like you said, for another discussion.

so the white supremacy that we face in america is akin to, or just in another form of what they are going through right now in Libya?

a yes or a no will do.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Facts only.

Most important thing he said, which clearly shows he´s NOT c00ning..

“It’s unfortunate that we make such easy work for them.”

WE (black people) make such easy work for them (white people) by not raising our children properly.

No father figure.. they will find a father figure. Who? The drug dealer. The pimp. The OG in the gang...

Denzel is a LEGEND. Has done SO MUCH for black people and people´s perception of black people as a leading man not a token negro.. we all know he a real one.

fax. Denzel not c00ning here. I just dont think its as simple as stated in OP.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Boy STFU I am a PARENT

your non Puzzy getting azz has yet to experience life off this board....

I know damn well the benifit of having a father figure and OGs in your life...

My pops and Older Gods from the Nation of Islam played a big role in my life....

And I've become a responsible black man cause I have structure...

You have a problem with DENZEL statement cause you can't identify with it cause you were raised to be an UNDERACHIEVER who has a problem being himself......

And decided to create a Character to live vicariously through because you ain't shyt...yo daddy wasn't shyt and it goes back to your ain't shyt mama making bad decisions in life ..

Like giving birth to your Illogical thinking azz........

Yes we have a system against us..

But that don't mean you stop acting responsible......

You better get yo mind right...and stop all this HYPOCRITICAL HOTEP NONSENSE

AND BE A MAN :ufdup:

I wanted to dap this but I don't know this man you smacked flame to. Don't know if he deserved all that :picard: :mjlol:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
You mean the meek mill the guy who possibly was violated by a corrupt judge? :heh: at "not very few black men have been wrongly caught up in the system". There was just a story the other day of 15 black men being released from prison after a cop was caught planting evidence. There's no telling how many black men that one dirty cop framed and there's no telling how many dirty cops like him are littered across the country. Now think about how cops like that have existed for decades, then rethink your stupid ass ashy mouthed c00n post.
Yea, Meek who knew the parameters of his probation and violated it. Corrupt judge or not he broke the law, so what the fukk did he think was gonna happen?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
So we admit the system is corrupt but great parenting will remedy our struggles. :francis:This line of thinking makes no logical sense.

It's like making cars out of stronger metal to reduce car crashes on a road with no traffic lights. We arent the problem.....we get jammed up even if we're focused on staying straight. The system is rigged.

do you have kids, if not, do you plan on having any?

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN

this argument is tremendously flawed .

a black kid growing up poor with 0 parents = fukked.
a black kid growing up poor with 1 parent = fukked.
a black kid growing up poor with 2 parents = fukked
a black kid growing up with 2 well off parents in a rich neighborhood = fukked.

I ask this in all seriousness; what are we doing then? there's absolutely NO solution or steps we can take to remedy our situation in america individually or collectively...

Daps
lol @ nikkas in here acting like cops are deliberately going to the hood to lock young black men up. I'm sure that happens but 8 times out of 10 when these young brehs get locked up, it's because of something that they did.

Yes the system is rigged but it's these boy's fault for not understanding how this country works. They hanging outside on the corner at 3am with their homies when they should have their asses at home asleep about to wake up early for work. Then the time when they get caught up and get 10 years for something minor they start crying. You should've surrounded yourself around decent people :francis:

So, black men should be subject to a curfew? You sound like one scary ass black man.

hu3ypdadon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get the fukk out of here. You nikkas in here talking like 99% of black men in jail are in there because of police corruption.

You can look on social media or listen to music to see most of these nikkas is up to no good
It’s easy to not think and come up with an ignorant analogy like yours. You don’t understand white supremacy and when you don’t understand something you should educate your self on issues before you comment your opinion..The problem with the world today is everybody has an opinion but not wisdom or education..White supremacy plays a huge part for the reason a lot of black ppl are incarcerated..White supremacy isn’t some made up fairy tale like these white ppl and c00n black celebrities would like you believing

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yes and no. As a minority you're a target but I'm a minority and I've never been arrested and plenty of others have never been arrested. This is a system that tries to push certain people down a path but you don't have to go down that path.