Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the home'

Gravity

Banned
Daps
cacs and old ass nikkas love these threads:manny:

rented skj talking a lot of talk in this thread talking about "Im a parent" yet this nikka is about 50 yrs old and makes multiple threads a day about how all he does is chase 20 year old stirpper thots all day and fukks chicks who are married to other black men and brags about it.

Where ya kids at when u out here sponsoring whores and being a side nikka to a married chick :gucci::mjgrin:
Dude is a troll. Don't believe any of the shyt these geeks say about their personal lives unless they've posted proof because they come here to transform into the person they wish to be. Just read his posts and you know that poster ain't about shyt, don't have shyt poppin in real life.
fam. this doesn't have a thing to do with what I said

I was speaking on our communities in the early 20th century.
are you arguing that america was LESS racist in the 1920's? during jim crow? :jbhmm:

obviously later on with lyndon B johnson it switched our whole shyt up and we can discuss that if you like.

but make no mistake about it, there was a point in time when the black family unit was extremely tight.

so again - how do you cats that disagree with denzel explain this?
It wasn't less racist in the 20/ but whites used different methods to enforce racism in the 20s than they've used since then.

What's your point? Stop being a bytch and come out and state your point directly. What are you saying?

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
read a book once that stated in the early 20's, black people had lower divorce rates than whites.

there use to be nobody more committed to family than the black man in this country.

were we not living under a system of white supremacy then?

usher3.jpeg
Yup.

I've had this discussion many times with the "there's nothing I can do because I live under a system of white supremacy." types. Their brains are just dead set locked on it.

If you look at the data, more than 50 years ago we had less of everything (income, education, financial literacy, legal rights etc etc) and yet we had lower crime rates, lower incarceration rates and less broken homes than we do now. So what gives? And that's not to say that something as vague as "white supremacy" doesn't exist on some level....but this idea that it has completely invaded the moral compass of black folks today doesn't add up to me.

My great grand parents, grand parents and parents had it significantly harder with significantly less options than I and my cousins had....yet many of us (not including myself) are far worse off than they ever were.

I often hear about "slavery" being the link to today's broken homes....but data has shown that during reconstruction in the Gilded Age of America, blacks (ex-slaves mind you) married as often as whites did in those times. The "broken homes" and illegitimacy birth rate only begin to see a high uptick around the late 60s early 70s and more contemporary times.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
so you think the justice system is fair to black people???
The sentencing is lopsided against the African man but let’s not be disingenuous that dudes aren’t committing these crimes they’re accused of.

Systemically, there are mechanisms pushing the African man towards crime to survive but ultimately become a slave for the prison complex.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Yup.

I've had this discussion many times with the "there's nothing I can do because I live under a system of white supremacy." types. Their brains are just dead set locked on it.

If you look at the data, more than 50 years ago we had less of everything (income, education, financial literacy, legal rights etc etc) and yet we had lower crime rates, lower incarceration rates and less broken homes than we do now. So what gives? And that's not to say that something as vague as "white supremacy" doesn't exist on some level....but this idea that it has completely invaded the moral compass of black folks today doesn't add up to me.

My great grand parents, grand parents and parents had it significantly harder with significantly less options than I and my cousins had....yet many of us (not including myself) are far worse off than they ever were.

I often hear about "slavery" being the link to today's broken homes....but data has shown that during reconstruction in the Gilded Age of America, blacks (ex-slaves mind you) married as often as whites did in those times. The "broken homes" and illegitimacy birth rate only begin to see a high uptick around the late 60s early 70s and more contemporary times.
Integration and social entitlement programs are what destroyed the African family and in part, African man, in the USA.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Integration and social entitlement programs are what destroyed the African family and in part, African man, in the USA.
Agreed, although they were necessary evils to some extent, LBJ's "War on Poverty" ironically had the inconsequential effects of reversing much of what it was intended to fix, and we're still reeling from alot of that today.

It's no surprise that many of these socially engineered/experiments and programs started in the 60s and 70s...which happens to be when we see the gradual increase in fatherless homes and crime rates.