Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the home'

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
But a lot of these dudes aren't committing the crimes they're accused of. :patrice:
many of them are though....and as someone who works in the legal field...it would be a lot higher if judges were pressured into giving some of these guys more than a "slap on the wrist."

Haliax

Pro
Daps
Reppin
united kingdom
Boy STFU I am a PARENT

your non Puzzy getting azz has yet to experience life off this board....

I know damn well the benifit of having a father figure and OGs in your life...

My pops and Older Gods from the Nation of Islam played a big role in my life....

And I've become a responsible black man cause I have structure...

You have a problem with DENZEL statement cause you can't identify with it cause you were raised to be an UNDERACHIEVER who has a problem being himself......

And decided to create a Character to live vicariously through because you ain't shyt...yo daddy wasn't shyt and it goes back to your ain't shyt mama making bad decisions in life ..

Like giving birth to your Illogical thinking azz........

Yes we have a system against us..

But that don't mean you stop acting responsible......

You better get yo mind right...and stop all this HYPOCRITICAL HOTEP NONSENSE

AND BE A MAN :ufdup:

:damn:

• Dap
Reactions: ISO

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
He told NO LIES :ufdup:

mane all these sorry azz thotting single mothers who made bad choices in men have gave birth to all these SAVAGES entering the Prison Industry complex
Facts only.

Most important thing he said, which clearly shows he´s NOT c00ning..

“It’s unfortunate that we make such easy work for them.”

WE (black people) make such easy work for them (white people) by not raising our children properly.

No father figure.. they will find a father figure. Who? The drug dealer. The pimp. The OG in the gang...

Denzel is a LEGEND. Has done SO MUCH for black people and people´s perception of black people as a leading man not a token negro.. we all know he a real one.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
It wasn't less racist in the 20/ but whites used different methods to enforce racism in the 20s than they've used since then.

What's your point? Stop being a bytch and come out and state your point directly. What are you saying?

oh shyt i'm debating a man-child...nevermind.

giphy.gif

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
read a book once that stated in the early 20's, black people had lower divorce rates than whites.

there use to be nobody more committed to family than the black man in this country.

were we not living under a system of white supremacy then?

usher3.jpeg

There was no system of white supremacy in the 1930s and 1940s. That’s how blacks were able to be more prosperous and more family oriented then :troll:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Majority of the time the system is the reason there’s no family guidance at home..Don’t let these celebrities fool you into thinkin they have the answers to our probs because they don’t..The c00ns Agents gonna say this is truth but it’s half truth

Get the fukk out of here. You nikkas in here talking like 99% of black men in jail are in there because of police corruption.

You can look on social media or listen to music to see most of these nikkas is up to no good

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Yup.

I've had this discussion many times with the "there's nothing I can do because I live under a system of white supremacy." types. Their brains are just dead set locked on it.

If you look at the data, more than 50 years ago we had less of everything (income, education, financial literacy, legal rights etc etc) and yet we had lower crime rates, lower incarceration rates and less broken homes than we do now. So what gives? And that's not to say that something as vague as "white supremacy" doesn't exist on some level....but this idea that it has completely invaded the moral compass of black folks today doesn't add up to me.

My great grand parents, grand parents and parents had it significantly harder with significantly less options than I and my cousins had....yet many of us (not including myself) are far worse off than they ever were.

I often hear about "slavery" being the link to today's broken homes....but data has shown that during reconstruction in the Gilded Age of America, blacks (ex-slaves mind you) married as often as whites did in those times. The "broken homes" and illegitimacy birth rate only begin to see a high uptick around the late 60s early 70s and more contemporary times.

Tariq has half of black social media using that term and mostly out of context, and I get it.

but we literally just saw VIDEO of slavery and an actual slave auction last week:

so there is a form of american oppression and white supremacy, but it's completely in a first world context.

but you're touching on how lyndon b johnson destroyed our communities and turned them into voting farms - but i'll leave that for another discussion.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Yup.

I've had this discussion many times with the "there's nothing I can do because I live under a system of white supremacy." types. Their brains are just dead set locked on it.

If you look at the data, more than 50 years ago we had less of everything (income, education, financial literacy, legal rights etc etc) and yet we had lower crime rates, lower incarceration rates and less broken homes than we do now. So what gives? And that's not to say that something as vague as "white supremacy" doesn't exist on some level....but this idea that it has completely invaded the moral compass of black folks today doesn't add up to me.

My great grand parents, grand parents and parents had it significantly harder with significantly less options than I and my cousins had....yet many of us (not including myself) are far worse off than they ever were.

I often hear about "slavery" being the link to today's broken homes....but data has shown that during reconstruction in the Gilded Age of America, blacks (ex-slaves mind you) married as often as whites did in those times. The "broken homes" and illegitimacy birth rate only begin to see a high uptick around the late 60s early 70s and more contemporary times.

Crack :manny:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Both things can be true

Blame the system

And having no parental guidance

fax

Well, you see Denzel, it’s not that simple

fax

I am not sure if some of you are parents. I like Denzel, thats :myman:

and on the surface, what he says about it starts at home, is absolutely true. I live by this everyday. On the other hand, raising children today isnt the same as it was 10 years ago even. I cant remember the author who said this, maybe yall can help, but he listed about 5 top influences for children and they went something like this 10 years ago...

1) Parents/Family
2) School
3) Church
4) Television
5) Friends

and 5-10 years later he said it flipped

1) Friends
2) Television
3) Social Media
the rest...and Family was last

I recently had some trouble in my home and while it does start at home still, the outside influences are too powerful. I have fam that have been incarcerated since their teens.

The system for sure isnt fair for us, unless you happen to have money. I dont know why this would be a secret to anyone.