Denzel has joined Marvel...

parallax

Superstar
Daps
"I am not the hero of Black people. I am here to protect everyone." - Blue Marvel

This ain't it breh. Get c00n Marvel outta here

:camby:
if he truly believed that bullshyt he was spouting he would have kept being a hero

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Giancarlo should be Doom or even Norman Osborn. As dope as he is, he will never 'own' Prof X. Even if he knocks it out the park there are two excellent live action iterations that his performance will always be compared to. Doom has never had a proper portrayal so, he has a chance to make Doom in his image, to be the Darth Vader of this generation.

With Norman, at least the MCU iteration would have the room to be a unique take. Everyone loves Willam Defoe's version but he never got to be the master mind that he can be. He's should be Marvel's Lex Luthor essentially but way cooler. And with Spider-man freshman year using the wavy/black version of Norman, he could own that role as well.

After his performance in "The Tragedy Of Macbeth" I think Denzel would make a crazy Doom.

Fred.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
He doesn't need to fix the world rather help Black folk. That would lead to a better story because he'd be dealing with other superheroes and their perceptions, the u.s. govt., and the idea of freedom.
You missed me brotha. I'm saying if you had a black superman in 1962 then he'd have pretty much no choice but to end American racism in his world. That just wouldn't work in comics because it would be an "insult", is that the right word, to everyone who lived in that very real time.

It's not like Red Son Superman who became the very evil he sought to destroy. This would be a hero who could just slap down racism in a week. That just wouldn't work in the Marvel universe.

It's why super heroes from back in the day never fixed anything. There was a Green Lantern comic where a black man told Hal to his face that Hal has "helped the green skinned, purple skinned and orange skinned. But what have you done for the black skins?" And Hal crumbled to his knees and wept at his own ineptitude.

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Are they really bout to make professor x and magneto black? Do they really have the balls?
If they did that, I guess they'd have to change Magneto's background so that he was a survivor of the Rwandan Genocide instead of the Holocaust. It could be interesting

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Being part of the MCU is probably good for actors' resumes as well as just a fun time and a good paycheck.

Although from what I understand Marvel's quality has been a little questionable lately.

I'm a little surprised to see John boyega on there. Wasn't he shyttin on Star wars which is owned by Disney?

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Jeffrey Wright would never :scust:
Something about this reminds me of the music industry using payolo and pushing trash acts watering down music and even eliminating some traditional genres like ballads in R&B
MCU spending all this money on these mid ass movies and taking real actors away from other projects (potentially)
I don't like it
He plays The Watcher in the MCU :skip:

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Denzal has to be playing a one off villain. I know he isn't about to playing in marvel movies for a decade.
Bringing in Denzel to be a one off villain is like bringing in Tom Hanks for that. They're too famous for it. So it would have to be a serious and high profile heroic role.

Not to derail the thread with this but a lot of characters in comics don't/can't fix societal issues. There's a TV Trope called "Reed Richards is an Idiot" and it's about that very thing. Reed is capable of changing the entire world. He doesn't because then it would change the entire universe and nothing would be relatable to the reader.
The creator of the Boys show Kripke mentioned that superheroes are basically cops. Which is true. Their job isn't to fix society's problems but to stop criminals and then let society go back to the status quo.

But when they do try to change society like Superman banning nukes or Magneto stopping humanity from coming after mutants they're considered as overstepping their bounds and becoming a villain.

So Blue Marvel being a k00n fits with that. Apparently in some comic run JFK told him to retire instead of being a public hero. Because "people" didn't want a Black superhero :mjpls: and he went along with it. Like he's not powerful enough to impose his will on those cacs or he could say he'll be the defender of Black people.

And that's also the silliness of Falcon as Captain America. He's basically a k00n who does the bidding of America.

TreySav

D-Block General
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
oh and my guess is

5948604-bm.jpg

DAP + REP

:salute::whew: