Denzel has joined Marvel...

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
-After reading through thread I just gotta say I wouldn't fukk with Black Magneto. No reason to fukk up his character & origin story. Only character I've truly been disappointed in so far is Taskmaster.

Who gives a fukk about the skin color of a fictional character

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You wouldn’t believe how angry Jewish people get when you talk about changing Magneto’s back story. I was shocked the first time I witnessed it.
Thats why i know this ain't happening. To Marvel representation is about clicking every checkbox. They don't just want more black folks, they want gays, trans, women, latino, arab, asian etc

so they not gonna replace the only well known jewish character in all marvel with a black guy, backlash would defeat the purpose of them trying to earn brownie points.

jay83

Superstar
Daps
Considering magneto was based on Malcolm x and Denzel played Malcolm x already. Let’s get a Plymouth Rock speech from Magneto.

Daps
Thats why i know this ain't happening. To Marvel representation is about clicking every checkbox. They don't just want more black folks, they want gays, trans, women, latino, arab, asian etc

so they not gonna replace the only well known jewish character in all marvel with a black guy, backlash would defeat the purpose of them trying to earn brownie points.

Especially not after the events of late. If they were considering it, it's totally off the table now. Thanks Kanye. Thanks Kyrie :martin: