Denzel has joined Marvel...

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Denzel should play Jericho Drum, AKA, Dr. Voodoo....... Dr. Strange's replacement.​
b1bcb19e30698a8cfca4e9815a7c737dc6faae0b.jpg

Brother Voodoo / Jericho Drumm in the MCU would be dope AF

parallax

Superstar
Daps
So allow Black folk to get their heads bashed in, strung up, etc... while he frolicks around with a white spy living off the white man's dollar?

They were afraid of him because they wouldn't be able to stop him if he decided to do something. He could have put them inline if he wanted to and helped out Black folk but he was on that :mjpls:

he wasnt the only super at the time. and him being an openly black cape would have more black spaces just disappearing. did the govt fear him? absolutely but he wasnt thinking of that when he decided to retire the cape

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a very hard time believing historically Jewish Erik Lehnsherr will be replaced with a black actor. Here's hoping tho....

Yeah, I don't believe the Jewish community is going to allow them to make the character non-Jewish. However, since it's been 80 years since the holocaust, they can pivot away from that and make the character an African Jew. If it's Denzel, I think only trolls would be the only ones complaining

Tair

Superstar
Daps
he wasnt the only super at the time. and him being an openly black cape would have more black spaces just disappearing. did the govt fear him? absolutely but he wasnt thinking of that when he decided to retire the cape

"I am not the hero of Black people. I am here to protect everyone." - Blue Marvel

This ain't it breh. Get c00n Marvel outta here

:camby:

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
So allow Black folk to get their heads bashed in, strung up, etc... while he frolicks around with a white spy living off the white man's dollar?
Not to derail the thread with this but a lot of characters in comics don't/can't fix societal issues. There's a TV Trope called "Reed Richards is an Idiot" and it's about that very thing. Reed is capable of changing the entire world. He doesn't because then it would change the entire universe and nothing would be relatable to the reader.

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
It annoys me DC have stupid incompetent people helming the whole thing. Their IP is legendary.

Smh.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
They likely not gonna cast any of them as well known black characters. Probably just gonna change the race of well known cac characters.
Which to me doesn't count as representation because in the comics they will remain white, and down the road when they reboot they'll be white again.
Basically just giving an already established black actor work for a few years is all this amounts to. If they had casted one of them as Blue Marvel then that would mean a black character becomes popular for generations and work for muliple black actors, like how Blade is turning out.
Cacs hate it because cism obviously, but for me i'd like to see black characters given an opportunity to become as popular and well known as prof x and magneto not just Denzel and them getting to be part of the mcu. This is addition by subtraction.

Giancarlo should be Doom or even Norman Osborn. As dope as he is, he will never 'own' Prof X. Even if he knocks it out the park there are two excellent live action iterations that his performance will always be compared to. Doom has never had a proper portrayal so, he has a chance to make Doom in his image, to be the Darth Vader of this generation.

With Norman, at least the MCU iteration would have the room to be a unique take. Everyone loves Willam Defoe's version but he never got to be the master mind that he can be. He should be Marvel's Lex Luthor essentially but way cooler. And with Spider-man freshman year using the wavy/black version of Norman, he could own that role as well.

Last edited:

Tair

Superstar
Daps
Not to derail the thread with this but a lot of characters in comics don't/can't fix societal issues. There's a TV Trope called "Reed Richards is an Idiot" and it's about that very thing. Reed is capable of changing the entire world. He doesn't because then it would change the entire universe and nothing would be relatable to the reader.

He doesn't need to fix the world rather help Black folk. That would lead to a better story because he'd be dealing with other superheroes and their perceptions, the u.s. govt., and the idea of freedom.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
b1bcb19e30698a8cfca4e9815a7c737dc6faae0b.jpg

Brother Voodoo / Jericho Drumm in the MCU would be dope AF
The comics never really did Brother Voodoo right...MCU can right some serious wrongs here :ehh:

Needs to be a younger actor for the role tho, no disrespect to Denzel but I'd expect all the big names to take less active roles if anything in the MCU like Fishbourne as Bill Foster:hubie: