Debate: White Supremacy Vs. Self Accountability/Responsibility

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
White supremacy brought about this mess where we actually think that there's a such thing as white people and black people as if they are two entirely different groups of humans period.

It's sad because when you look at this creation of race and what it's main purpose was... it shows how fukked up some of those folks were back in the days.

The only way shyt is going to stop is if folks let the stupid concept of race die and fix the wrongs that came from it such as giving black people reparations, making the system balanced where its not made to basically enable only whites to advance and reversing all these instititional discriminatory policies targeted to fukk up nonwhites. Also getting rid of the whole race shyt. No more black people, white people, race and all that shyt.

You know what.... there's white drug dealers, killers and criminals but they never get as much of a bad wrap where they reflect all white people. However, one black criminal is treated like they reflect all black people.

But once again, white supremacy has us not seeing us as just humans. Instead we have folks on some bullshyt.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Successful people in the Black community are far and few between. IT isn't about them simply being unsuccessful but rather a lack of opportunity to become successful. Take a Black kid that gets harassed and locked up, and when s/he wants to change his/her life around, they find it difficult to do such a thing with a criminal record. There are plenty of examples like those running around. Or take the Black kid that sells drugs. What he's doing isn't necessarily bad (imo) unless you sheepishly follow the crap standards set up by the government that really want to funnel more people into the private prison system (Why For-Profit Prisons House More Inmates Of Color).

1 or 2 Blacks making it "out" of the ghetto to work for racist whites isn't what I'd call "successful" anyway. In addition there are other successful Blacks that do speak out against white supremacy, but then again, those Blacks don't work for whites or were fired by whites. But all in all, they acknowledge white supremacy and the unjust system and have made it their life's mission to speak out against it.

But to a white, those aren't the successful Blacks. The successful ones are the Blacks that realize what is going on and then continue to shuck and jive because, "they have complete control over their lives...", which is certainly not true. No-one has complete control over his/her life as it is apart of a society. Hopefully Blacks will realize these whites tactics of, "you are an individual". :comeon:

Individuality, etc..., exists, but only as a PART of a society. If you are Black in a white dominated society, and you think you have, "individuality" and "freedom of will"?

Black men in white arenas are some of the most emasculated males out there. They cannot even speak in their natural tone, yet they have "freedom of will". :mjlol:

So how you explain the large numbers of Africans, Caribbean blacks, and other black immigrants surpassing Black Americans? :jbhmm:

Not just a small fraction, but huge numbers. How you explain that shyt?

Moshe.

All Star
Daps
So how you explain the large numbers of Africans, Caribbean blacks, and other black immigrants surpassing Black Americans? :jbhmm:

Not just a small fraction, but huge numbers. How you explain that shyt?

Show me your evidence of this... I will wait.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Show me your evidence of this... I will wait.

Nigerians are among the most educated group of all immigrants coming in the US of A. They do the most advanced job positions like engineers and doctors and doing all kinds of breakthroughs in STEM and non STEM fields.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
An idiot just negged me for saying that the concept of race is stupid. This is why it is important to know world history brehs. Race is a creation from white supremacist ideology.

Moshe.

All Star
Daps
White supremacy brought about this mess where we actually think that there's a such thing as white people and black people as if they are two entirely different groups of humans period.

It's sad because when you look at this creation of race and what it's main purpose was... it shows how fukked up some of those folks were back in the days.

The only way shyt is going to stop is if folks let the stupid concept of race die and fix the wrongs that came from it such as giving black people reparations, making the system balanced where its not made to basically enable only whites to advance and reversing all these instititional discriminatory policies targeted to fukk up nonwhites. Also getting rid of the whole race shyt. No more black people, white people, race and all that shyt.

You know what.... there's white drug dealers, killers and criminals but they never get as much of a bad wrap where they reflect all white people. However, one black criminal is treated like they reflect all black people.

But once again, white supremacy has us not seeing us as just humans. Instead we have folks on some bullshyt.

"Race" isn't a concept rather an evident fact of reality. There are differences amongst the races. If you cannot see it, that is your problem. Blacks will never get reparations because of whites. Whites won't ever make the system equal because of human greed, and other facts.

The only way to mitigate racism (we won't ever get rid of it so as long as we live in a predominantly white arena) is to create for our own without having to rely on white people for our jobs, education, etc...

Nigerians are among the most educated group of all immigrants coming in the US of A. They do the most advanced job positions like engineers and doctors and doing all kinds of breakthroughs in STEM and non STEM fields.

When I said, "evidence" I meant cite your sources.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
"Race" isn't a concept rather an evident fact of reality. There are differences amongst the races. If you cannot see it, that is your problem. Blacks will never get reparations because of whites. Whites won't ever make the system equal because of human greed, and other facts.

The only way to mitigate racism (we won't ever get rid of it so as long as we live in a predominantly white arena) is to create for our own without having to rely on white people for our jobs, education, etc...

Census: Foreign-born Africans Most Educated Immigrants in the U.S. at Tadias Magazine

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
I REALLY hope the black people with the "its white people's responsibility to see the error in their ways and to end systemic oppression" are in the minority. If not, we are TRULY fukked if waiting on them is the plan:sadcam:

Waiting for white people to acknowledge that they need to pay back black people is like waiting for a unicorn to come to your house. That day ain't never coming, but the portion of progressive, proactive black folk know better.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Where is your evidence? You're basically cosigning the oppressors.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What about the black immigrants like Jamaicans, Nigerians, and Haitians that surpass their Black American counterparts? :lupe:

not all do, and many fall into the same cycle as their black american counterparts.

a lot of the people who terrorized the hood i was from were immigrants from Jamaica or other West Indian places. I dont know many Nigerians, but each one i do know is doing well.

Moshe.

All Star
Daps

Do some research: Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Immigration Act of 1990 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where is your evidence? You're basically cosigning the oppressors.

I don't cosign, "the oppressors". I simply noticed differences growing up, and understood those differences to a much greater degree when I began self-studying genetics, but in a study researchers at Stanford searched for differences in DNA and focused more closely on Alu insertions. You can study Black genetics and white genetics, with there being obvious differences within the genetic pool (Blacks holding more diversity than whites, and whites holding more Neanderthal DNA), etc...

YeLovesBoston

Superstar
Daps
There aint no "vs."

We need to acknowledge white supremacy fukked up our community but we need to realize we need to take it on ourselves to fix things

I could shoot up a spot and kill 3 people. Yeah, white supremacy might have put me in those circumstances to be in the position I am, but at the end of the day I just killed 3 members of the community in cold blood.

It starts with our youth. I notice how many black folks and Coli people are quick to bash this generation of kids. The truth is the generation before them fukked up. So now they fukkin up and the next generation gonna fukk up. The only wau this cycle will break is if WE decide that we need to be responsible for what goes on. Not some old white dude living in a mansion hundreds of miles away.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
not all do, and many fall into the same cycle as their black american counterparts.

a lot of the people who terrorized the hood i was from were immigrants from Jamaica or other West Indian places. I dont know many Nigerians, but each one i do know is doing well.

But there are a lot more successful stories of that as well. Even the "shotta" got his education or learned a trade on the low and flipped it to legit money.

Moshe.

All Star
Daps
There aint no "vs."

We need to acknowledge white supremacy fukked up our community but we need to realize we need to take it on ourselves to fix things

I could shoot up a spot and kill 3 people. Yeah, white supremacy might have put me in those circumstances to be in the position I am, but at the end of the day I just killed 3 members of the community in cold blood.

It starts with our youth. I notice how many black folks and Coli people are quick to bash this generation of kids. The truth is the generation before them fukked up. So now they fukkin up and the next generation gonna fukk up. The only wau this cycle will break is if WE decide that we need to be responsible for what goes on. Not some old white dude living in a mansion hundreds of miles away.

There will always be a, "vs.", mentality. That isn't changing unless humans undergo some sort of paradigm shift where race becomes nonexistent. But, I do agree with you in terms of the rest of your post. We can understand the problem (white supremacy) and try to work to build up our own economy, education, and social structure at the same time. The problem comes when whites destabilize said ventures (check: negro leagues). Which is why I emphasize, responsibility with a sense of Black identity over the "coming together", recognizing we are all human, type of mentality. Such a mentality in a white dominated society is rather inane.