Death Stranding | PS4/PS5/PC | Out Now

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
even some of the reviewers who liked the game and gave it a high score prefaced their review by stating it wasn’t fun smh...call it art or w/e but I play a video game to have fun...it’s why I’ve gotten back into playing first party switch games so much...some of these games can be so intense to the point of not being fun @ all and a bit too realistic...RDR2 toed the line very perfectly...there were some fun elements to the game tho but overall it wasn’t a “fun” experience to say but it was a great game that I was really into and as I said I did have fun @ times...this game doesn’t look enjoyable whatsoever...I think the most honest reviews will come from users but there is going to be a lot of bullshyt user reviewers to wade thru as well
I agree with rdr2. I find it very engrossing/engaging due to the realism and amount of stuff to due but not real fun. I think I started feeling like this about more games since this gen started.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
I play games for an experience I’m not 5 years old. I can’t remember the last game I bought thinking “I can’t wait to have fun”....just listen at you hive minded dudes :russ: regurgitating the same nonsense. You mean to tell me every game you buy you sitting there smiling from ear to ear with a Christmas feeling on the inside ? nikka please

You play to be entertained, engaged, for a challenge or to compete.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I play games for an experience I’m not 5 years old. I can’t remember the last game I bought thinking “I can’t wait to have fun”....just listen at you hive minded dudes :russ: regurgitating the same nonsense. You mean to tell me every game you buy you sitting there smiling from ear to ear with a Christmas feeling on the inside ? nikka please

It has to be fun in order to keep you engaged, entertained, challenged or making you want to compete

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Man WHAT :laff::laff::laff:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
It has to be fun in order to keep you engaged, entertained, challenged or making you want to compete

I think this is an interesting conversation actually.

Do you think what’s “fun” can vary by person to person, depending on interest or do you feel like “fun” is it’s own, inherent/intangible thing?

like I guess when I go to movies certain movies are described as “fun” (marvel movies, start wars etc) but other movies such (typically anything other than comedy kids or action) are not. Other words are used.

but when it comes to games it seems that’s not the case, a game normally has to be considered “fun” in order to be good were as other mediums, that’s not the case. Not saying one way or the other is better or correct, just something I noticed reading the posts.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Jump through mental hoops to dikkride Kojima brehs :mjlol:

@Kamikaze Revy you ain’t doing it right, this how a real stan moves.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I think this is an interesting conversation actually.

Do you think what’s “fun” can vary by person to person, depending on interest or do you feel like “fun” is it’s own, inherent/intangible thing?

like I guess when I go to movies certain movies are described as “fun” (marvel movies, start wars etc) but other movies such (typically anything other than comedy kids or action) are not. Other words are used.

but when it comes to games it seems that’s not the case, a game normally has to be considered “fun” in order to be good were as other mediums, that’s not the case. Not saying one way or the other is better or correct, just something I noticed reading the posts.
I think the big difference between gaming and other entertainment mediums is the time investment

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:mjtf:I mean...this is pretty much the entire and only point of "gaming".

So, yes?:what:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
“Oh, wow. Death Stranding. I can’t wait to be artistically challenged and engaged...”

full