Death Stranding | PS4/PS5/PC | Out Now

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Like I mentioned earlier, some of these scores aren’t matching the quotes at all, I’m all for a game being unique & experimental, but if you’re straight up saying it misses the mark quite a bit, or it’s not very fun, then how are you giving it a 9 or a 10?

On the other hand, this guy didn’t fukk with it at all lol

“Kojima Productions’ Hideo Kojima has asserted he’s created an entirely new genre known as “social strand system” for his first post-Konami title, Death Stranding. Since he struggles to define the genre, we’re happy to help – it’s one in which a developer aims to make a feature film and then realises far too late in the process that they’re developing a game instead… and that it requires actual gameplay. Sadly, what’s been slapped together is frustrating beyond belief, invalidating any enjoyment potentially found within. Let me be clear:Death Stranding is an irredeemable piece of garbage that should serve as a warning to publishers who give developers carte blanche to create “art”.

:picard:

Not clicking his link because this is the type of shyt that gets attention nowadays....

however.... :mjlol:

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
Nah fukk konami.

This game doesn't sound very good, but konami wasted just about every AAA franchise under their umbrella. People ignore the fact that a one of the biggest reasons MGS 5 had such a big budget was because konami wanted kojima to create a brand new game engine simultaneously with the game. A game engine they planned to use for all their games going forward, then did nothing with it.

Kojima and his team were the only ones keeping that company afloat in the gaming industry. Without him, they are a slot machine developer.

The last good castlevania game had kojima's name attached to it.

The last hyped silent hill game had kojima's name attached to it and never came out.

MGS 5 made 3X its budget in a month

Everything they did after the ps2 era was garbage without kojima.

I hate hearing people defend that bullshyt ass company.
Breh, stop it. The nikka took 8 years to make a unfinished product. He was traveling around trying to be a wanna be director just to make a naked ass sandbox game with repetitive mission with different color tanks for difficulty.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Even though it has a overall "great" score by any game standards, the gameplay looks horribly boring. Watching IGN's review it looks like an even worse version of exactly the type of stuff I hate in open world games.

No doubt.

I expected the reviews to be all over the place, but even I'm still amazed by how much.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
rb8fcyep22w31.jpg

:mjlol:

What if... it actually is great? MGSV got a 10 and boy that was the worst game I've ever played.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Bruh

"Death Stranding is not a “fun” game, but it’s an important and meaningful experience that earns its payoff through every bit of frustration and slog. Its a look at life and death, connection and solitude; a game about building up what matters most and supporting each other selflessly."

WTF does this even mean? Dude gave this shyt a 9.5? Really?
It sounds like a film that's well shot and has good intentions as far as its narrative, but its not actually entertaining or fulfilling on any level to watch, yet receives critical acclaim anyway.

You'll see this A LOT when you watch art house or indie films.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
The way you nikkaz talking it’s a 50 metacrtic game.

Some people will like it some won’t this pretty much what the reviews are saying.

it’s clear to me however some people just want to see this shyt fail for whatever reason.