Death Stranding | PS4/PS5/PC | Out Now

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
You know what, I'm beginning to see what this game is. It's art. It will polarise. Some will hate, some will love.

I applaud Sony for taking a risk with a new IP.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Reviews are all over the place :patrice:
But I freely admit that I've been a Kojima fanboy since the original MGS came out 20 years ago when I was in middle school ( :flabbynsick: ) so I'll pick this up regardless.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Honestly the gameplay looks like it would be interesting for a short 8-10 game, but 40 hours of that shyt looks :huhldup:

I think his initial idea to do a smaller, indie like title was probably better suited for something like this.

He mentioned in one of his interviews that del toro ,among others, convinced him to do it big because ppl expect AAA from kojima.

Maybe next game he should scale back some and treat it like an art house/indie film (if he plans on doing something unconventional again)

plus he doesn’t have the staff a normal AAA developer does.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
You know what, I'm beginning to see what this game is. It's art. It will polarise. Some will hate, some will love.

I applaud Sony for taking a risk with a new IP.

Amazon: So do you have experience in delivering packages?

Me: :myman: well you can that

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Exactly! Everyone was all up in Arms when Konami tossed him in the bushes, including myself. But after reading how much money this nikka was wasting, flying to LA from Japan. Hiring Sutherland to only speak a total of 20 sentences. Konami was right :camby:

Now he wasted another Budget
Nah fukk konami.

This game doesn't sound very good, but konami wasted just about every AAA franchise under their umbrella. People ignore the fact that a one of the biggest reasons MGS 5 had such a big budget was because konami wanted kojima to create a brand new game engine simultaneously with the game. A game engine they planned to use for all their games going forward, then did nothing with it.

Kojima and his team were the only ones keeping that company afloat in the gaming industry. Without him, they are a slot machine developer.

The last good castlevania game had kojima's name attached to it.

The last hyped silent hill game had kojima's name attached to it and never came out.

MGS 5 made 3X its budget in a month

Everything they did after the ps2 era was garbage without kojima.

I hate hearing people defend that bullshyt ass company.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Honestly the gameplay looks like it would be interesting for a short 8-10 game, but 40 hours of that shyt looks :huhldup:

I'm scared to take a chance to play :lupe:

You remember how slow FF15 started out and this is much worse? Yikes.

But if it picks up like most said.....

giphy.gif

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Nah fukk konami.

This game doesn't sound very good, but konami wasted just about every AAA franchise under their umbrella. People ignore the fact that a one of the biggest reasons MGS 5 had such a big budget was because konami wanted kojima to create a brand new game engine simultaneously with the game. A game engine they planned to use for all their games going forward, then did nothing with it.

Kojima and his team were the only ones keeping that company afloat in the gaming industry. Without him, they are a slot machine developer.

The last good castlevania game had kojima's name attached to it.

The last hyped silent hill game had kojima's name attached to it and never came out.

MGS 5 made 3X its budget in a month

Everything they did after the ps2 era was garbage without kojima.

I hate hearing people defend that bullshyt ass company.

no lies told :yeshrug:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
another game I still haven’t beat. :francis:

It's picks up big time once you hit the first summon character in the city. And I enjoyed it. 4/5 game. And that's pretty good last time I checked. But if it didn't start out so slow, could have been a 4.5/5 and 90%+ joint

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Like I mentioned earlier, some of these scores aren’t matching the quotes at all, I’m all for a game being unique & experimental, but if you’re straight up saying it misses the mark quite a bit, or it’s not very fun, then how are you giving it a 9 or a 10?

On the other hand, this guy didn’t fukk with it at all lol

“Kojima Productions’ Hideo Kojima has asserted he’s created an entirely new genre known as “social strand system” for his first post-Konami title, Death Stranding. Since he struggles to define the genre, we’re happy to help – it’s one in which a developer aims to make a feature film and then realises far too late in the process that they’re developing a game instead… and that it requires actual gameplay. Sadly, what’s been slapped together is frustrating beyond belief, invalidating any enjoyment potentially found within. Let me be clear:Death Stranding is an irredeemable piece of garbage that should serve as a warning to publishers who give developers carte blanche to create “art”.

:picard:

well damn :gucci: