Death Stranding | PS4/PS5/PC | Out Now

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Nah you’re right, exactly what iv been saying, a good amount of the reviews iv read that have given 9 or 10 ratings read like they’re about to give this a 6 or 7

Easy Allies pointed out the shooting and boss fights are wack too :patrice:

So what exactly is fun to do in this game if it's "trying to make you bored", combat/traversal is ass, bosses are ass. :dwillhuh:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Yea I’m reading impressions and I just get the feeling this is the game he wanted to make.

The traversal is the “combat” in this game and the actual traditional combat is the after thought. Stark contrast to his (an many other’s) games where you don’t even think about your movement because it’s somewhat automated and your objective is to physically beat your opponent.

The environment is your “main enemy” so to speak where it’s usually a person or creature. These seem to take the back ground, literally and metaphorically speaking as you don’t even have to fight anybody.

I have no clue if imma like this shyt or nah and I won’t be surprised if it takes me a while to finish (still haven’t beat rdr2) unless story is just too dope.
The way you describe it, it actually sounds intriguing and genre breaking.

The thing is...it's dissapointing because from the first trailer with nothing but a crazy military presence, tanks and shyt; it looked like and made us prepare for some type of insane combat game. Which is cool, too.

But... Much like I LOVE sprite and I love water; when I take my cup and put it under the fountain expecting sprite and I taste it and the shyt is just water..it feels disgusting because of expectation.

Had he been transparent from early on about the mechanics of the game...it would be way better received at this point.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh

"Death Stranding is not a “fun” game, but it’s an important and meaningful experience that earns its payoff through every bit of frustration and slog. Its a look at life and death, connection and solitude; a game about building up what matters most and supporting each other selflessly."

WTF does this even mean? Dude gave this shyt a 9.5? Really?

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That kotaku review was beautiful:wow:

Insta-cop:mjgrin:
That whole review read like
tenor.gif

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Bruh

"Death Stranding is not a “fun” game, but it’s an important and meaningful experience that earns its payoff through every bit of frustration and slog. Its a look at life and death, connection and solitude; a game about building up what matters most and supporting each other selflessly."

WTF does this even mean? Dude gave this shyt a 9.5? Really?
Its called shilling and why gaming today is ass.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
You heaux don’t have a palette sophisticated enough to appreciate games like this. All you dummies want is pew pew and pow pow. Don’t you ever experience something for the art? :gucci: When you’re able to stop a game and appreciate the intricacies of the sound design, the meticulous coding it took to make each blade of grass move with lifelike splendor, the sound vibrations of the wind as if nature itself was breathing life into your ear wax ridden head holes leading into the dry walnut inside your skull, then...and only then...can you talk to me about a videogame as well thought out, and as close to perfection such as this. :scust:

Exactly. Theme Park Gamers, like Scrocese was saying about Marvel.

Finally someone who gets it.

These clowns cry that every game is the same then when they get something different they cry about that. They don't know whats up or whats down.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its called shilling and why gaming today is ass.

Bruh said the game is unfun, frustrating, and a slog all in two sentences and still have the shyt damn near a perfect score? Those are three of the worst attributes in a game....shyt not even a game any form of entertainment outside of foreplay :steviej:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People who are loving didn't go in wanting metal gear solid like these goofs.

The masterpiece is here. The Art is here.

Innovation.

Copped.
You’d be silly to go into this expecting Metal gear, but you’d also be silly to assume everyone who doesn't like this was someone who was expecting Metal Gear, this seems like the most “Niche” big budget game iv ever seen, obviously not for everyone

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Bruh said the game is unfun, frustrating, and a slog all in two sentences and still have the shyt damn near a perfect score? Those are three of the worst attributes in a game....shyt not even a game any form of entertainment outside of foreplay :steviej:
I don't give a shyt about Xbox or the Xbox brand(sold my shyt) and think its trash especially this gen however if this was an Xbox game no way in hell would it be getting review like that. At best this game would have a 70 on metacritic at best....

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't give a shyt about Xbox or the Xbox brand(sold my shyt) and think its trash especially this gen however if this was an Xbox game no way in hell would it be getting review like that. At best this game would have a 70 on metacritic at best....
I don’t think this is a console thing :patrice:

Days Gone was part of the PS exclusive gang and that got the average reviews it deserved.

Edit: assuming that’s what you meant