Death Stranding | PS4/PS5/PC | Out Now

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Read the reviews.

“Game is not very fun, gameplay is tedious and slow for 10 hours, story is all over the place, but Norman Redus piss stream made me feel in a way I’ve never felt in my life” 10/10

:mjlol:

Like I mentioned earlier, some of these scores aren’t matching the quotes at all, I’m all for a game being unique & experimental, but if you’re straight up saying it misses the mark quite a bit, or it’s not very fun, then how are you giving it a 9 or a 10?

On the other hand, this guy didn’t fukk with it at all lol

“Kojima Productions’ Hideo Kojima has asserted he’s created an entirely new genre known as “social strand system” for his first post-Konami title, Death Stranding. Since he struggles to define the genre, we’re happy to help – it’s one in which a developer aims to make a feature film and then realises far too late in the process that they’re developing a game instead… and that it requires actual gameplay. Sadly, what’s been slapped together is frustrating beyond belief, invalidating any enjoyment potentially found within. Let me be clear:Death Stranding is an irredeemable piece of garbage that should serve as a warning to publishers who give developers carte blanche to create “art”.

:picard:

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It's not bad but an 84 from Kojima is like a 70 from another developer.
And I neg from Revy is like an uppercut from Thanos. What the hell are we really talkin bout here? If you aren’t in this thread to congratulate Kojima-San on this triumphant achievement then see yourself out. I got no patience today for these shinanigans. None.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
nikkas gotta balance while walking?

Yea I’m reading impressions and I just get the feeling this is the game he wanted to make.

The traversal is the “combat” in this game and the actual traditional combat is the after thought. Stark contrast to his (an many other’s) games where you don’t even think about your movement because it’s somewhat automated and your objective is to physically beat your opponent.

The environment is your “main enemy” so to speak where it’s usually a person or creature. These seem to take the back ground, literally and metaphorically speaking as you don’t even have to fight anybody.

I have no clue if imma like this shyt or nah and I won’t be surprised if it takes me a while to finish (still haven’t beat rdr2) unless story is just too dope.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
panned? How so...84 on MC is still pretty good

Panned by Kojima standards I guess. In reading the reviews they are giving what look like valid critiques of the gameplay and story elements but then the scores don't really line up with their criticisms.

"Oh the first and last 10 hours are a real slog."
"The main character has the balance of a toddler and it makes traversal tedious"
"Mostly fetch quests with no real depth to the mission"
"8.5 outta 10 though."

I'm copping physical so I can get some value back after I finish.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I made jokes about this looking trash from all the cryptic trailers and gamplay. But I was kind of mildly intrigued that Kojima was being coy and there was more. Plus there hasn’t been any good narrative story driven game at all this year. I’m sorry this looks and sounds like pure utter shyt.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Panned by Kojima standards I guess. In reading the reviews they are giving what look like valid critiques of the gameplay and story elements but then the scores don't really line up with their criticisms.

"Oh the first and last 10 hours are a real slog."
"The main character has the balance of a toddler and it makes traversal tedious"
"Mostly fetch quests with no real depth to the mission"
"8.5 outta 10 though."

I'm copping physical so I can get some value back after I finish.

Nah you’re right, exactly what iv been saying, a good amount of the reviews iv read that have given 9 or 10 ratings read like they’re about to give this a 6 or 7