Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Sorry Daryl your princess is not in this castle

giphy.gif

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Nah man...kojima finna show us that you can upgrade your ladder to one of these to make packages move more smoother. Making efficiency go up +25%

H-1397.jpg
End game we gonna have conveyer belts going across the country so you can sit in your base, drop a package on the belt bridge and watch the sunset on a grateful continent.

original

tenor.gif

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Really interested in the role cliff (Mads Character) plays.

someone noted that both he and Sam have scars on there stomachs and in the release date trailer, you see a regular version of him talking to a BB :patrice:

maybe Cliff is a Big Boss type character, started out good but slowly driven to the other side due to the big event that led to all this shyt. Hell maybe he had a hand in the event.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
how much you want bet this lady pulls a boss in snake eater and Daryl connecting all the community together is so the monster demon things can spread like a network virus
Some fan theories I've read make this way deeper than this simple "save the princess who's actually the mastermind!" deduction I've seen here. That's not a Kojima story... at all.

Plus y'all forget there's another world/dimension in the game.

I posted this from an article i saw online:

Are there any interesting fan theories?

Two of the biggest (and most plausible) game plot theories belong to forum heads. Reddit user tadg11 believes that Death Stranding is a perpetual collision of two completely different dimensions that allowed two entities to spill over into the human world: the Homo Ludens and the Chirals. Their analysis categorizes the event known as "timefall" as a catalyst for the colliding worlds as well as the utter decimation of buildings, infrastructure, and anything man-made. To prevent "full on extinction" as humans aged and died in the presence of "timefall," America reinvented itself as the United Cities of America -- territories made out of small camps that gradually rebuilt homes, tools, and belongings out of plastic due to the rapid degradation of wood, concrete, and metal.

That's where Homo Ludens and Chirals come in. Ludens are humanoid creatures whose entire existence, culture, and development is powered by a pursuit of fun and play. As an extension of Dutch historian Johan Huizinga and his 1938 book Homo Ludens, they have been forced to live alongside humanity -- sharing the same space with Chirals, "lost souls" and "predators" who are natives of the "death world," and humans who can die and navigate that and come back to the material verse with varying DOOMs (Death Obtained Organic Mutations). They exist in the form of video game protagonists (i.e. Léa Seydoux, Troy Baker) and even the freaky babies in artificial wombs who are theorized to be the byproduct of two Ludens who have cheated death.

"The Ludens are evolved beyond humanity," tadg11 explains in their Reddit post. "They are their own race, and they possess reality-bending powers to allow them to carve their own epic stories so they can play as they please. Now, since Death Stranding has forced their worlds to collide, they have to share their home with humans and these humans have become but NPCs in their great adventures, whether either party likes it or not."

Reddit's Grr22oz, on the other hand, believes Death Stranding is influenced by different periods of Egyptian mythology and Ancient Egyptian customs and culture. Their theory categorizes the two different dimensions as the "living world" and the Duat -- the realm of the dead in which the deceased had to navigate past unpleasant spirits in order to be judged by the god Anubis. The Duat is layered with the "living world," but hints of it cross over into that other dimension in the form of "timefall" and souls of the dead who didn't make the journey for their final judgement.

Left one is the protagonist of DEATH STRANDING, Sam Porter Bridges by Norman Reedus. Right one is "the golden masked man" by Troy Baker.

In their mind, Sam Bridges isn't just "a man who delivers" as much as he's a porter who helps embalmed corpses reach their final judgement. He is subsequently attacked by apparitions as he's not supposed to be mingling with the dead, and when Sam dies from a "voidout," he is instantly transported to the Duat and not the mirrored chiral world. There his soul splits into two: "his ka (the body in which his soul presides) and his ba (his soul)." When he comes back to life, his ka and ba combine to form an Akh and transform him into a transfigured being who can die repeatedly. Sam and Léa Seydoux are the only confirmed Akhs (so far) while the five floating figures from the trailers are the Ancient Egyptian gods and goddesses Ra (sun), Shu (dry air), Tefnut (rain/moisture), Geb (earth), and Nut (sky and heavens), who is at the center of it all.
-Everything We Know About the Very Mysterious Video Game 'Death Stranding'

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
End game we gonna have conveyer belts going across the country so you can sit in your base, drop a package on the belt bridge and watch the sunset on a grateful continent.

original

tenor.gif
I don't think you'll like this game man. I just don't see this game having any high octane, head exploding, gut spilling, blood splattering, building collapsing, window shattering, sub woofer booming so high that you look over at the person next to you with a smug face, brick wall crumbling, airplane crashing, heavy machinery stomping, excessive curses using cac with a disgruntled face and missing eye, rib cage cracking, brazilian jujitsu action all within the first hour. I could be wrong. :jbhmm:

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Some fan theories I've read make this way deeper than this simple "save the princess who's actually the mastermind!" deduction I've seen here. That's not a Kojima story... at all.

Plus y'all forget there's another world/dimension in the game.

I posted this from an article i saw online:

-Everything We Know About the Very Mysterious Video Game 'Death Stranding'

kojima one of my fav gam makers ever but ill mock people i love in real life :yeshrug:

thats the plot of half of kojima discography as game maker

Metal Gear (Msx)
Metal gear Solid Snake
Metal gear solid snake eater
and the phantom pain

Big Boss sends solid to kill venom – his mind wrapped double

Snake finds out big boss resurrects metal gear

Big boss finds out the boss double cross foxhound for the soviets

Big boss mind fuks venom in to thinking hes the boss

Trickery and subterfuge are the mechanics of all his games

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
kojima one of my fav gam makers ever but ill mock people i love in real life :yeshrug:

thats the plot of half of kojima discography as game maker

Metal Gear (Msx)
Metal gear Solid Snake
Metal gear solid snake eater
and the phantom pain

Big Boss sends solid to kill venom – his mind wrapped double

Snake finds out big boss resurrects metal girl

Big boss finds out the boss double cross foxhound for the soviets

Big boss mind fuks venom in to thinking hes the boss

Trickery and subterfuge are the mechanics of all his games
I'm talking about the overall plot and not just the twist. The story in the games are way deeper than a bullet point. Any game's plot can be deduced to a bullet point.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I don't think you'll like this game man. I just don't see this game having any high octane, head exploding, gut spilling, blood splattering, building collapsing, window shattering, sub woofer booming so high that you look over at the person next to you with a smug face, brick wall crumbling, airplane crashing, heavy machinery stomping, excessive curses using cac with a disgruntled face and missing eye, rib cage cracking, brazilian jujitsu action all within the first hour. I could be wrong. :jbhmm:
If the action elements can't match mgs 5 it's trash

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I have no idea who is advising Kojima but someone needs to explain to him the easiest way to illustrate that it's a new genre....is to show game play footage that looks like a new genre.

If you're putting out videos and the major takeaway is "it looks like a walking simulator with the online components of 'Dark Souls' or 'Dragon's Dogma'"....then the problem isn't the fans, the problem is what you've chosen to show them.

Fred.