Death Stranding | PS4/PS5/PC | Out Now

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
New interview is good. Adds clarity to "new" genre claims. Delves into Sam some too.

Sounds like he expanded on the MGSV "approach missions anyway you like” feel as well.
Doesn't add any more clarity to gun play options

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Nah man...kojima finna show us that you can upgrade your ladder to one of these to make packages move more smoother. Making efficiency go up +25%

H-1397.jpg
Damn bruh u was a water spider too

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
Kojima is obviously being vague on purpose.. that is the whole marketing strategy. Y’all nikkas still don’t understand how weird his mind works after all these years? It’s the first non metal gear game he’s making. I’m not surprised at all he’s taking this route. I think Kojima has such a huge following that the way he’s doing it now it’s actually more intriguing for most.

I will say though that I wish he just made another action/stealth game. MGSV is one of the best games I’ve ever played even with its shortcomings. This game obviously isn’t that. It’s more like a puzzle/figure out what to do game like Zelda I feel like. But i wouldn’t even bet on that either. 2 months to find out though.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Kojima is obviously being vague on purpose.. that is the whole marketing strategy.

I don't think he's purposely being vague. The success of his newly founded studio is riding on this one game....now is not the time to be cute and artsy.

I think in his mind he probably thinks the footage and info he's given us is a good representation of the game he wanted to make....but the fact of the matter is he didn't even know the online stuff was similar to "Dark Souls" and "Dragon's Dogma" because, in his words, "I don't really play video games".

So....yeah. This is why I said he needs advisors.

Fred.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

CONTINUED SINCE THE POST HIT CHARACTER LIMIT

Since that, he wants to make something similar to 2001: A Space Odyssey. A product that is so out there, it creates controversy because it’s difficult to understand. Something when it's released the mainstream disliked, but has loyal fans who loved the film. Now, 2001: A Space Odyssey is considered phenomenal. Learning from that, he understands if there’s negative reaction to something radically different. He hopes that “Death Stranding” will go through the same phase where there will be people who either love it or hate it, especially for players who just want to barge and shoot everything.

Unfortunately, our attempts to dig even deeper at Kojima’s interpretation of 2001: A Space Odyssey and his theories didn’t get a conclusive answer. He was afraid it would be spoilers to talk about the ending.
Kojima basically said he doesn't care if people hate the game at first. He's officially in the dgaf mode so all in all, complaining and whatnot will do naught.

I will support this because this is radical and pretentious. So important. I bet you need to bring in a memory card with a save file for MGS1 on it to purchase Death Stranding because important :wow:

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

Kojima basically said he doesn't care if people hate the game at first. He's officially in the dgaf mode so all in all, complaining and whatnot will do naught.

I will support this because this is radical and pretentious. So important.

That made absolutely zero sense.

I respect the developers trolling let me cop

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
For real

There's loving a developer but thisnnikka hasn't shown you shyt and your juelzing for him like a battered spouse. It's disgusting.

Play UPS: The Game and actually find a reason to be on his nuts because it damn sure isn't gonna be based in Anything we've been shown.

Go home

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For real

There's loving a developer but thisnnikka hasn't shown you shyt and your juelzing for him like a battered spouse. It's disgusting.

Play UPS: The Game and actually find a reason to be on his nuts because it damn sure isn't gonna be based in Anything we've been shown.

Go home
The only thing that's disgusting is not respecting Kojima's vision.

The game has important looking white people in it and you're talking about some other shyt.

The only thing disgusting is you not seeing the light.

Convert brother.
tumblr_ps9zsgFEEc1ufppf2o4_500.gif

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: hex