Death Stranding | PS4/PS5/PC | Out Now

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
What gameplay? Those trailers are cutscenes. He hasn’t shown combat or how literally any mechanics work aside from vague descriptions. And games like Detroit are great, even though it’s basically an interactive flick. Games don’t have to follow a formula fam.
Right.

And with Detroit, you know what you're getting into.

Again, the breh was just saying, 3 years since the first trailer, he wants to know a little bit about the combat/gameplay.

If it was revealed that this was an TRS or DMC vibe or FPS, he'll be satisfied so he can know what to look forward to. We still don't know what the gameplay is like except for traversing across fields.

Asking that question doesn't imply the breh is looking for call of duty FPS, breh.

---------------

I'm realizing this breh just makes the assumption that if you are interesting in finding out what the gameplay is like, that means you are saying you want dude bro shooter.

:snoop:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Outside of the graphics there's literally nothing to be hyped over from this new trailer. It showed walking and/or climbing from point A to B....that's it.

Right.

Again, the breh was just saying, 3 years since the first trailer, he wants to know a little bit about the combat/gameplay.

If it was revealed that this was an TRS or DMC vibe or FPS, he'll be satisfied so he can know what to look forward to. We still don't know what the gameplay is like except for traversing across fields.

Asking that question doesn't imply the breh is looking for call of duty FPS, breh.

---------------

I'm realizing this breh just makes the assumption that if you are interesting in finding out what the gameplay is like, that means you are saying you want dude bro shooter.

Thank you. Cats in here talking about FPS like this shyt ain't showing absolutely nothing so far. This could be a FPS for all we know.

Fred.

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Right.

---------------

You a good dude. Patient and everything. I saw his agenda off rip with that dudebro shyt. Cause I want game play from an E3 trailer? :stopitslime:

Showed that character walking for a solid 4 minutes but I'm wrong.

b_low_brown

Daddyface
Daps
Right.

---------------

Well he wasn’t happy with what he saw with the walking and climbing so obviously he wants some more action. He won’t cop if there isn’t any. The story isn’t enough. That’s all I’m saying.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Well he wasn’t happy with what he saw with the walking and climbing so obviously he wants some more action. He won’t cop if there isn’t any. The story isn’t enough. That’s all I’m saying.

Wanting to see more than walking and climbing =/= people want more action. People want more anything.

Your character can move around a 3D environment....ok cool. Mario was doing that in 1996. What else can you tell me about the game play at this point? Nothing, because they haven't shown anything.

Fred.

b_low_brown

Daddyface
Daps
Wanting to see more than walking and climbing =/= people want more action. People want more anything.

Your character can move around a 3D environment....ok cool. Mario was doing that in 1996. What else can you tell me about the game play at this point? Nothing, because they haven't shown anything.

Fred.
giphy.gif

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Kojima confirmed that they are weaponns/guns in the game (one was shown in the trailer) in his interview with Geoff.

Says you can use them but will realize its not the best idea.

Im banking on survival gameplay being the crux with guns and stealth being the options of interaction.

Looks like youll have to manage weight and it affects how you traverese. Your shoes take damage and subsequently your feet.

Its like hes taking everything he wanted to do with MGS3/Peacewalker/V and throwing it here.

Looks like theres diff levels of gear as well, and the rain (time fall?) is something you have to protect your self against (hence both chars have umberellas)

I really wanna see a fully realized gameplay demo of this.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I am honestly shocked by people’s reactions, this game is genuinely intriguing but has a lot of you going:scust:. I for one am pleased that there seems to be a lot of mystery to this game. I just know in a few years or whenever this gets released it will have people jumping on the train just like everyone did for GOW.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I am honestly shocked by people’s reactions, this game is genuinely intriguing but has a lot of you going:scust:. I for one am pleased that there seems to be a lot of mystery to this game. I just know in a few years or whenever this gets released it will have people jumping on the train just like everyone did for GOW.
nikka..the lore is supposed to have mystery not the button layout and what pressing square does. :russ:

"I'm excited to not know what type of game I'm going to be playing."

This and Gears of War POP are essentially in the same boat right now.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kojima games don't have a great track record in terms of gameplay.

Last time I played a Kojima game that genuinely felt like I was playing a game was the Zone of The Enders 2 demo. I said before that it'd be cool if Kojima collaborated with another studio on the gameplay so it actually does feel less like a movie with gaming segments and more like a game with movie segments.

As far as this goes, it doesn't send a good message when the first gameplay trailer only shows the character hoofing it. I know it doesn't mean that that's all there is to it, but what raises my eyebrow is that it makes it seem as if whatever else there is, even if it's good, isn't going to make up a bulk of the experience.
Are you guys from a different universe?

Did MGSV not release over there? MGSV's gameplay completely eradicated any other stealth game.

Sam Fisher am cry

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I thought what was shown was interesting :ehh:

Yall know Kojima always keeps shyt ultra secret since the beginning this is nothing new from a Hideo game :yeshrug: