Death Stranding | PS4/PS5/PC | Out Now

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I think we are "deliverying babies" literally.

Maybe the babies are other players that have died and you have to revive them?

The black shadows could be "souls" of the other players that have died (like bloodborne)

Just spit balling here.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
interesting theory:

It's all falling into place for me. When it's raining, it's called Timefall now. Anything the rain touches fast forwards though time. This makes infrastructure impossible to build because the rain will come and make it ruins immediately. The rain and the monsters together make travel between human settlements dangerous. People hire courier companies to deliver things between towns.

Norman Reedus is a Porter for the Bridges company. He has a unique (?) ability to sense the monsters. He carries a baby clone of himself so if he gets eaten by a monster,a Void All (I think that's what they called it.) will be triggered, leaving a crater and then aging his clone to adulthood. Then he walks back to the city and gets his new baby clone c-sectioned out of his body to continue his job.

Maads and the woman are also travelers in the dangerous wilderness. For reasons as yet unexplained their tech is far more advanced than Bridge's equipment.Perhaps as you complete jobs you can afford better tech which will allow you to take on tougher jobs."

Thinking about the gameplay mechanics for this is such a mindfukk. We psycho (mantis) now.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
If that was a movie trailer...it would be a first day watch, just becsuse I'm interested.

But brehs fronting like they didn't expect to see combat.

The fact that they spend so much time showing the protagonist scaling and walking across the plains considering this was revealed in 2015 is ridiculous.

The time to get hype off how smart and fresh the game looked was last year.

This year I wamted to see gameplay, how I'm going to fight.

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Pretty garbage showing.

Just more questions. 3 e3s and we still don't know what the fukk kind of game it is. It's getting stupid.

This game better be a masterpiece because if he does all this and this shyt is a dud nobody is gonna be giving him big budgets again.

:ufdup: Show us the fukking game or fukk off already. By far the low point of the Sony conference.
People are finally starting to see what I have been saying :mjcry:

We just need a new splinter cell to complete it all

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
It’s plenty of dudebro shooters out there if you’d prefer that
There are plenty of movies that cost less than $60, too.

The breh is just saying, at this point, he wants to see whether the gameplay will be engaging enough. Can you honestly say the gameplay shown appears engaging?

b_low_brown

Daddyface
Daps
There are plenty of movies that cost less than $60, too.

The breh is just saying, at this point, he wants to see whether the gameplay will be engaging enough. Can you honestly say the gameplay shown appears engaging?
What gameplay? Those trailers are cutscenes. He hasn’t shown combat or how literally any mechanics work aside from vague descriptions. And games like Detroit are great, even though it’s basically an interactive flick. Games don’t have to follow a formula fam.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
What gameplay? Those trailers are cutscenes. He hasn’t shown combat or how literally any mechanics work aside from vague descriptions. And games like Detroit are great, even though it’s basically an interactive flick. Games don’t have to follow a formula fam.
Kojima games don't have a great track record in terms of gameplay.

b_low_brown

Daddyface
Daps
Kojima games don't have a great track record in terms of gameplay.
Mgs 2-4? Zone of the Enders? If u don’t like his shyt don’t cop. But don’t create false facts on me dawg I ain’t new to gaming :francis: some of us like lots of cutscenes and shyt. It’s plenty of open world shoot-till-you-drop titles for you. Let this man think outside the box for the rest of us.

Daps
Last time I played a Kojima game that genuinely felt like I was playing a game was the Zone of The Enders 2 demo. I said before that it'd be cool if Kojima collaborated with another studio on the gameplay so it actually does feel less like a movie with gaming segments and more like a game with movie segments.

As far as this goes, it doesn't send a good message when the first gameplay trailer only shows the character hoofing it. I know it doesn't mean that that's all there is to it, but what raises my eyebrow is that it makes it seem as if whatever else there is, even if it's good, isn't going to make up a bulk of the experience.