Death Stranding | PS4/PS5/PC | Out Now

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
got it waiting for me when I get home.

seeing the trailers I had an idea it would polarizing.
haven't followed or watched any gameplay videos like that so have no idea what to really expect apart from, as its been constantly pointed out, you make deliveries.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched some gameplay of the early missions. The weird worldbuilding makes the start interesting but it turns into a snoozefest once the game proper starts. The interesting cutscenes a few and far between and its just you jogging over a rocky landscape spamming the scan button.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is it like when playing an elder scrolls or a fallout game where you decide you don't want to fast travel so you just end up walking all the way across the map to your destination. Then you come across a large mountain so you try angles and random jumping to get over said mountain because you don't want to go around, only to accidentally jump and land on a slope and end up alllll the way back at the bottom of the mountain or dead?
I've only played about an hour and so far the first hour has been a good amount of cut scenes so I'm happy with that so far(looks amazing :blessed:)

But as for movement it's not like that. Those games you basically just move and that's it. Hold up and nothing to worry about. What you talk about can happen but it's more involved. Lemme explain...

In this, the controls and act of movement IS the gameplay in such that when you grab something, you have to either hold L2/R2(left and right hand) to carry stuff. You can put it on your backpack with triangle but there's a weight limit that obviously as you put more things on you will cause you to move slower AND deplete your stamina gauge faster. Now add to that a sense of balance which occurs from all that cargo swaying to the left and right which you can balance with L2/R2 so now something as simple as "moving" or walking is actually a game in of itself.

Now add in the terrain which itself is varied and with the little scanner thing on you, you can see which terrain is easier to move across as some areas can cause you to fall and hurt yourself/lose your cargo. I already know about other things that open up in the game like different tools, online asynchronous gameplay and weather/environmental hazards and you can see how something basic is not really so basic. Watching a video of this it may look like all the player is doing is moving but the player is actually doing more than a normal game.

Now from what I read in reviews the game continually gives you new tools and opens up with how you travel so there's probably way more stuff that most people aren't aware of in the game.

• Dap
Reactions: x2y

REAL6

All Star
Daps
lol @ there being 520 user reviews on metacritic already...game is barely over 5 hours old smh

And the problem with that is most people will bash it after playing it for a few hours when it's said the game changes after about 40 hours into a different game.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And the problem with that is most people will bash it after playing it for a few hours when it's said the game changes after about 40 hours into a different game.

I haven’t heard that...I’ve heard 3-10 hours tho

some reviewers have said by the 3rd/4th chapter shyt picks up but idk how long it takes to get to those chapters

40 hours to wait for a game to “pick up the pace” is entirely too long tho if there’s any truth to that

I agree tho there was a rush to criticize/praise the game based on how many user reviews went up so quickly...wouldn’t be surprised if some of them didn’t even play the game

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I haven’t heard that...I’ve heard 3-10 hours tho

some reviewers have said by the 3rd/4th chapter shyt picks up but idk how long it takes to get to those chapters

40 hours to wait for a game to “pick up the pace” is entirely too long tho if there’s any truth to that

I agree tho there was a rush to criticize/praise the game based on how many user reviews went up so quickly...wouldn’t be surprised if some of them didn’t even play the game
Don't pay attention to metacritic user reviews lol. The game is out and hours later people giving it 10s and 0s? Lol