DEATH BATTLE! - Goku vs Superman

bloodsimple.

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a Goku stan all day long.

But it's becoming more and more obvious that this comparison is flawed on it's premise, and that all these years the reason people compared them was because of convenience (they were the most popular characters of their respective canon). It's understandable and it's an easy comparison to make, but there are more valid comparisons out there.

In the end, there is no comparison anymore, Superman is not only vastly superior to Goku, but just might be the strongest fictional character ever.

You saw it for yourselves, the force of the explosion of planet Earth eviscerated Goku, and the worst Superman experienced was getting knocked for a loop and a few cobwebs, which he shook off with the quickness.

I'm beginning to wonder just how many other Marvel and DC superheroes would get the best of Goku and other characters in the DB universe.

Goku vs. Hulk or Thor would be a good match and probably more even match.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
lol that shyt at the end conducts what they are saying and just created paradox. This is like asking can an un-stoppable force (goku) move and immovable object (superman).

Daps
Reppin
NULL
straight bias for superman. Did everything to belittle Goku's abilities and to support Superman. Had the nerve to say Goku's was inconsistent when Superman is the most inconsistent character ever written. One day he is Jesus the next he's a really strong guy who shoots lasers from his eyes and has freeze breath.

They dismiss KI has being some bullshyt, when it's the FORCE in REAL LIFE, and Goku's kamahama is pure energy.

Funny how they had Superman emulating DBZ characters, when dude gets the beats put on him on the regular by lesser fighters.

They say he has no limits, they how Doomsday have him looking like an abuse child, which they just gloss over.

How Goku only taking damage, Superman ain't when Doomsday and Darkseid hurt him all time causing him to bleed.

They say power levels show numbers are useless, but then make their argument for superman USING NUMBERS

they making up special moves for supercac, his infinity punch or whatever bullshyt they said, he took his strongest move for him to destroy the moon, but they gloss over the fact Piccolo incinerated the moon just by pointing at it.

Heat vision is not KI energy

they use Goku's good heart as weakness, but SUPERMAN WILL DESTROY EARTH, come man

you can't have the same person make the case for both, because they were clearly behind superman from the beginning

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
I'm a Goku stan all day long.

But it's becoming more and more obvious that this comparison is flawed on it's premise, and that all these years the reason people compared them was because of convenience (they were the most popular characters of their respective canon). It's understandable and it's an easy comparison to make, but there are more valid comparisons out there.

In the end, there is no comparison anymore, Superman is not only vastly superior to Goku, but just might be the strongest fictional character ever.

You saw it for yourselves, the force of the explosion of planet Earth eviscerated Goku, and the worst Superman experienced was getting knocked for a loop and a few cobwebs, which he shook off with the quickness.

I'm beginning to wonder just how many other Marvel and DC superheroes would get the best of Goku and other characters in the DB universe.

Goku vs. Hulk or Thor would be a good match and probably more even match.

A big reason for that is that Comic Book characters typically exist indefinately and most have been around for decades whereas most/all animes and mangas have SOME sort of end in sight. When DragonBall ended, Marvel and DC comics continue to put out stories with their characters which means more feats, more displays of power and more accomplishments from their characters.

I mean, Marvel Comics's Thor is a guy that can and literally has gone toe to toe with Superman and I'd probably give him better odds than Goku. Thing is, Goku is really in the same "tier" as those guys and I could even see him getting some wins if they fought in several instances its just he is not the most powerful of all the top tiers, he's somewhere in the middle of the pack.

bloodsimple.

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A big reason for that is that Comic Book characters typically exist indefinately and most have been around for decades whereas most/all animes and mangas have SOME sort of end in sight. When DragonBall ended, Marvel and DC comics continue to put out stories with their characters which means more feats, more displays of power and more accomplishments from their characters.

I mean, Marvel Comics's Thor is a guy that can and literally has gone toe to toe with Superman and I'd probably give him better odds than Goku. Thing is, Goku is really in the same "tier" as those guys and I could even see him getting some wins if they fought in several instances its just he is not the most powerful of all the top tiers, he's somewhere in the middle of the pack.

And in one line, you just explained why, despite the videos aim, this debate will never ever end.

It's still open-ended and open to many "what ifs".

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere

Goku isn't in the same tier as Supes or Thor.

Honestly Goku would have trouble with someone like Iron Man depending on how the matchup was set.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wait, wait, wait....

So NOW you are saying the video got it right?!? Because earlier you were just saying they got it wrong. Which one is it? Because you can't use the same source for information and turn around and bash it at the same time.

Some things in the video are correct other things were not

1. The Aura is purely for visual effect, there is no real instance of unnamed auras equaling a strength increase.

No you're wrong, anytime someone in DBZ powers up their aura is present. Here are some examples.

here goku powers up to ssj3 and he has an aura

Dragon Ball 7 - Read Dragon Ball Chapter 7 Online - Page 12

here vegeta is powering up against buu

Dragon Ball 5 - Read Dragon Ball Chapter 5 Online - Page 12

here piccolo is powering up against 17 and his aura is showing

Dragon Ball 6 - Read Dragon Ball Chapter 6 Online - Page 2

Dragon Ball 6 - Read Dragon Ball Chapter 6 Online - Page 3

Basically anytime you see an aura, they're channeling their ki, whether it be for flying, fighting or whatever.

Goku had no aura which means it's unlikely he even powered up. Remember he's just doing basic training

2. Every power increase Goku uses multiplies from his base power level. The strength example in question was base level Goku lifting. Him using an "aura" would imply a power increase. We (me, you and those Death Battle guys) ALL agree a power amping Goku can probably lift much more but the purpose of using that strength example was to get a baseline of Goku's strength.

But goku's base get's stronger throughout the manga as well as his SSJ forms.

for example

his base PL when he landed on namek was 5k (he was heavily suppressed to trick the scouters). After he got out the tank his base was 300k (but he could suppress to make it weaker). The Z fighters always always suppressed their power.

3. Goku really doesn't have a lot of strength feats in general anyway, you would do much better to argue for Goku's striking power because thats a whole different conversation. I've trained multiple martial arts and I can tell you physical strength does not equal to striking power. Goku's best strength feat was him lifting a city (or continant, depending on your perspective) as SSJ4. I've literally seen characters like Wonder Woman do that and she isn't even in Superman's strength level.

Again, DBZ wasn't written to show feats like this so we both would have a hard time finding feats like that to try and prove his strength. Their physical strength comes from their Ki levels. Vegeta in the saiyan saga had the power to destroy planets with a single blast, he could channel that ki into fist and do the same punching the planet.

4. Regardless WHAT feat they use, their strength levels are not even close. You could literally DOUBLE or TRIPLE Goku's base strength level to 80 tons or 120 tons and then use all the SSJ multipliers and he still wouldn't even be half as strong as Superman. Look at those numbers at the end. That's MATH, you can't argue with that.

No argument here, Z fighters don't train to be "strong" in a sense of being able to lift objects. Remember this scan here.

Dragon Ball 2 - Read Dragon Ball Chapter 2 Online - Page 9

Dragon Ball 2 - Read Dragon Ball Chapter 2 Online - Page 10

Dragon Ball 2 - Read Dragon Ball Chapter 2 Online - Page 13

Goku's goal has always been to be faster than his opponent. If he wanted to as he shown, he can increase his strength to be able to lift heavy objects, but again how does it help in a fight?

Goku weighs between 140-160 pounds, superman being able to lift 66.6 quintillion tons helps him how?

*sigh*

This instance alone tells me you probably do not know too much about Superman (or most comic heroes) because MOST heroes hold back.

Z fighters hold back as well, this isn't new to comic book heroes.

Here's an example

Dragon Ball 7 - Read Dragon Ball Chapter 7 Online - Page 11

bottom right panel.

It's hard to believe superman is going to hold back to the point of him being killed and putting the universe in danger. That makes no sense.

Superman has literal year long runs explaining how he holds back his power and how he has to basically tip toe his life because if he gets out of control he could destroy the planet. They BOTH hold back, which is why this fight would last a while because both sides would just gradually increase their power feeling each other out.

Goku can destroy a planet from just his chi output alone. Again which is why they're always in a heavily suppressed state with their power. This isn't new to superman or goku. Goku's ki can be felt in planets far far away from earth in different realms of the universe.

Which is all fine, but none of this is an arguement against the outcome. Goku has less feats than Superman because he hasn't existed as long and he is not as powerful of a character. Which is why he winds up losing this fight.

Again DBZ wasn't written to display "feats" like comic books was so you will be hard pressed to find those feats. DBZ is a manga in which the heroes save the world from bad guys and not do other outwordly stuff to prove how strong they're. Superman has many different variations and writers. DBZ is a singular story written by one man. Had DBZ been allowed to be written by varoius writers you would see these feats displayed.

I doubt Goku could do any of this, but honestly none of that matters. Goku is a different kind of character than Superman, which is the point of the comparison. Goku is not meant to be an all powerful character, Superman is.

There has never been a need to do it so we honestly don't know if he can or can't, it's just not the way Akira wrote DB

Look, I actually like Goku MUCH more than Superman and was even rooting for him to win this fight, but given my knowledge of both characters I KNEW that he'd be fighting an uphill battle here because Superman is just too strong of a hero. Point blank.

Superman is strong but Goku is the better, faster, more skilled fighter.

I can post videos of superman's fights and they pale in comparison to what goku has done.

And let me be clear, superman probably has faster "flying" speed than goku does, but goku has much faster "fighting" speed than superman could ever imagine