DEATH BATTLE! - Goku vs Superman

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
the purpose of PL's in early DBZ was to show how villians underestimated the heroes and always would lose in the end (stated in the video) That's why after frieza PL's became obsolete.

Wait, wait, wait....

So NOW you are saying the video got it right?!? Because earlier you were just saying they got it wrong. Which one is it? Because you can't use the same source for information and turn around and bash it at the same time.

Goku in that training exercise had no aura which means he wasn't even powered up doing it so it's stupid to make calculations based off that not to mention he was holding 40 tons and not lifting 40 tons.

1. The Aura is purely for visual effect, there is no real instance of unnamed auras equaling a strength increase.

2. Every power increase Goku uses multiplies from his base power level. The strength example in question was base level Goku lifting. Him using an "aura" would imply a power increase. We (me, you and those Death Battle guys) ALL agree a power amping Goku can probably lift much more but the purpose of using that strength example was to get a baseline of Goku's strength.

3. Goku really doesn't have a lot of strength feats in general anyway, you would do much better to argue for Goku's striking power because thats a whole different conversation. I've trained multiple martial arts and I can tell you physical strength does not equal to striking power. Goku's best strength feat was him lifting a city (or continant, depending on your perspective) as SSJ4. I've literally seen characters like Wonder Woman do that and she isn't even in Superman's strength level.

4. Regardless WHAT feat they use, their strength levels are not even close. You could literally DOUBLE or TRIPLE Goku's base strength level to 80 tons or 120 tons and then use all the SSJ multipliers and he still wouldn't even be half as strong as Superman. Look at those numbers at the end. That's MATH, you can't argue with that.

In DBZ, they always hold back their power and reveal more and more throughout the fight. That's been the case from jump.

*sigh*

This instance alone tells me you probably do not know too much about Superman (or most comic heroes) because MOST heroes hold back.

Superman has literal year long runs explaining how he holds back his power and how he has to basically tip toe his life because if he gets out of control he could destroy the planet. They BOTH hold back, which is why this fight would last a while because both sides would just gradually increase their power feeling each other out.

AT never meant to draw DBZ to show various "feats", it was one singular storyline while superman has different variations by different writers which gave superman different feats to measure him by. If there were multiple versions of DBZ then we could ideally look at feats but it wasnt like that.

Which is all fine, but none of this is an arguement against the outcome. Goku has less feats than Superman because he hasn't existed as long and he is not as powerful of a character. Which is why he winds up losing this fight.

When has there been an instance in DBZ where goku needed to pull a planet out of a blackhole, or sneeze out galaxies or othere dum shyt

I doubt Goku could do any of this, but honestly none of that matters. Goku is a different kind of character than Superman, which is the point of the comparison. Goku is not meant to be an all powerful character, Superman is.

Look, I actually like Goku MUCH more than Superman and was even rooting for him to win this fight, but given my knowledge of both characters I KNEW that he'd be fighting an uphill battle here because Superman is just too strong of a hero. Point blank.

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
i dunno man... i aint buyin this... especially how goku died... so superman is just basically a God on earth than, nothing can stop him? i mean come on... theres got 2 be a way goku can defeat superman unless he just litterally cant be stopped.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
:obama:

im not mad at the ending..but goku did figure out the sun gave supes power.. @ss4 goku could have been mean enough (lack of better wording--as stated in video that he becomes more violent etc etc wit each ssj) to instant transmit supes where he knew there wasnt a sun

still though.. im sure(i hope) they made or will make an alternate endin in which goku wins

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
i dunno man... i aint buyin this... especially how goku died... so superman is just basically a God on earth than, nothing can stop him? i mean come on... theres got 2 be a way goku can defeat superman unless he just litterally cant be stopped.

Why?

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
:obama:

im not mad at the ending..but goku did figure out the sun gave supes power.. @ss4 goku could have been mean enough (lack of better wording--as stated in video that he becomes more violent etc etc wit each ssj) to instant transmit supes where he knew there wasnt a sun

still though.. im sure(i hope) they made or will make an alternate endin in which goku wins

You do realize that even away from the Sun, he still has his full powerset.

Superman on earth is like a cell phone plugged into a charger, he can use all his features constantly but because his power source is literally constantly charging him up, he stays on full. If you took him away from the sun, it's like taking your cell phone off the charger. Yeah, he doesn't have a power source constantly recharging him but his power bars are still @ 100%.

Besides, Goku wouldn't leave earth as he can't breathe in space but Superman can. But if its any consolation prize, Goku did manage to KO Superman in the blast that killed him...

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis

im just sayin on some pure one on one shyt, do yall really think goku cant beat superman even at SSJ4??? it seems like they missin some elements... im just not buyin it. Superman doesnt have enough of an arsenal of effective moves to just beat up goku like that.

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
You do realize that even away from the Sun, he still has his full powerset.

Superman on earth is like a cell phone plugged into a charger, he can use all his features constantly but because his power source is literally constantly charging him up, he stays on full. If you took him away from the sun, it's like taking your cell phone off the charger. Yeah, he doesn't have a power source constantly recharging him but his power bars are still @ 100%.

Besides, Goku wouldn't leave earth as he can't breathe in space but Superman can. But if its any consolation prize, Goku did manage to KO Superman in the blast that killed him...

eventually superman would have to run out of energy fighting goku in a place located away from the sun tho. if goku figured this out and teleported him somewhere far away, he has to lose. superman is not as skilled as a 1 on 1 fighter as goku, no way in hell. he might be as strong, but skill wise there is no way he can hang. he cant even teleport or do half the shyt goku does. i feel like theres something missing from their conclusion, although ultimately i do see superman prevailing over goku but in a setting away from the sun, and with kryptonite involved its an automatic win for goku. if goku really needed 2 defeat superman, he would without a doubt incorporate kryptonite without even thinking twice, thats where the video downplayed gokus intelligence by having him destroy the kryptonite.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Goku's instant transmission is too limited for him to employ the tactics you suggested. Assuming that Goku could lock on to some far away ki signature while managing to teleport Superman to said location, he still has to be concerned with whether or not he could actually breath in this new location. There is also the matter of this far away location having a blue or yellow sun instead of a red one which wouldn't really help Goku at all.

As far as using kryptonite goes, you're talking about a dude who allowed Frieza to reach full power before resuming the fight. Hell, the only person in that series with greater lapses in common sense is Vegeta.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Goku's instant transmission is too limited for him to employ the tactics you suggested. Assuming that Goku could lock on to some far away ki signature while managing to teleport Superman to said location, he still has to be concerned with whether or not he could actually breath in this new location. There is also the matter of this far away location having a blue or yellow sun instead of a red one which wouldn't really help Goku at all.

As far as using kryptonite goes, you're talking about a dude who allowed Frieza to reach full power before resuming the fight. Hell, the only person in that series with greater lapses in common sense is Vegeta.

I believe Vegeta has a better chance of defeating Superman than Goku, because of his intelligent battle tactics, as soon as he discovers kryptonite is his weakness, he would probably rip Supermans head off

Edit: I remembered how he let Cell turn into his perfect form, because his pride wanted to defeat him at his most powerful strengh, damn saiyans are ignorant as fukk :beli:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I believe Vegeta has a better chance of defeating Superman than Goku, because of his intelligent battle tactics, as soon as he discovers kryptonite is his weakness, he would probably rip Supermans head off

His ruthlessness would definitely help in a fight like this. I was referring more so to the monumental fukk ups he made throughout the series. I mean just downright stupid shyt. From letting Cell absorb 18 to willingly supplying the energy needed to release Buu through his fight with Goku. Matter of fact, I'm not entirely sure that Vegeta's pride would allow him to exploit the kryptonite weakness either.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
His ruthlessness would definitely help in a fight like this. I was referring more so to the monumental fukk ups he made throughout the series. I mean just downright stupid shyt. From letting Cell absorb 18 to willingly supplying the energy needed to release Buu through his fight with Goku. Matter of fact, I'm not entirely sure that Vegeta's pride would allow him to exploit the kryptonite weakness either.

I was editing my post when u responded yea this nikka would be mad as fukk that a rock would allow him to defeat him and not his own strength

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
nerds.gif

bloodsimple.

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:to:

Was my reaction when Goku lost.

Superman is that dude though. :salute:

This also means that Vegeta would get that work. He wouldn't even last a minute against Superman. :krs: :gladbron: