Dear Single, Black, Female Professional…

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Come on man, you sounding like an overweight chick eating haagen dazs and watchin lifetime movies.

"Waiting around to find a good black woman that may never come"?

You sound indecisive. You can't "wait" and "seek" at the same time. You got to go get it. I bet you aren't waiting for a promotion to come? You didn't wait for school work to get done?

That's the mindset I was talking about. If negroes put the same effort into relationships with each other as professional goals these problems wouldn't exist.

But there is a general laziness about these things towards each other.

haha...naw man.

What you said sounds good in theory. The "Go get it" mentality. You waste alot of yourself, time, money just being a serial dater. You know off the bat if someone is REALLY worth you dating, so there's no need to be out tehre in a "go get it" sense. You might meet 1 woman in a crowd of 20 that's REALLY a potential mate.

Here's the fact, it harder for us as black ppl to find a black mate than it is for white people or even other minority races.

The playing field is unfair and we make it futhermore unfair by not treating each other properly and not valuing each other as we currently are. :manny:

J_rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm just saying that having a job in Corporate America is nothing to gloat about but you're right I could have did a better job at expressing my overall point.

To some of the lames on this board it is. There are a couple of cats on here that went to a decent school and were able to get a job in corporate after they graduated and now think they are God's gift to women because they didn't end up on the corner or in jail. shyt is pathetic. One poster, in spite of his 6 figure job, admitted that he has to pay for p*ssy just to get close to a woman.

What these fools fail to understand is that just because you're a black male who has a degree and a cubicle at some large company somewhere does not make you a catch. You still have to have a personality and decent social skills before women will look at you as relationship material. These guys have terrible social skills and even worse personalities. They're not even self-aware. That's why they're surprised when black women don't fall over themselves to get with them and gold-diggers play them for chumps. It's because they "are" chumps. Even with their degrees and even with their fancy corporate jobs, it doesn't change who they are as individuals--and that's lames.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Especially for Blacks.

After my last stint with Corporate America, I'm officially disgusted by it. My ex-co worker, an older black woman, is in the middle of an EEOC investigation now with her company. She's one class away from a Masters, several years of relevant job experience and she asked for a promotion to Senior and they told her she wasn't qualified.

In the mean time, two white boys have been promoted to supervisors w/i 2 years. One was a 911 operator who received a degree in I.T. and the company was his first job out of college (coincidentally his mother works there as well). The other never even finished his degree and doesn't have nearly much work experience (he was some manager's almost son in law but he broke up with the chick).

This other black female I know has a Masters degree, the only one on her team with one and they demoted her to an entry-level position with the excuse that they did re-org of that department and anyone there less than a year would be entry level analysts but of course exceptions were made for non-whites.

DAMN. That sad as hell.

My mom had the same thing happen on her job. They promoted everyone around her in her dept, EXCEPT her and she's the only black person in thei dept. And these ppl that got promoted had been there less time than she had, and only one of them had more education.

I got in good with some older blakc ppl on my first corporate job and they told me who/what to watch out for INCLUDING(unfortunately) the black ppl who were kiss ups to the white ppl.

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
Generalizing is strong.

So you're gonna date outside the race because the action of one black female?

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
You got to be able to verbalize it. Have you ever heard Magic Johnson speak? Guy is close to a billionaire, making deals left and right, but still is a man of the people. It's not about "keeping it real", but a leader verbalizes success.

If a man can go into a boardroom and close deals, why can't he do the same with women? You have to apply the same principles. The OP obviously can't do that. Women want a man of means, but being able to verbalize that success in a language she can understand is where character comes in.

You mean you have to have a slick mouth piece? Yea, we all know that helps sometimes, but my point is it shouldn't. A man is either eating right or he isn't, the way you verbalize it shouldn't mean a damn thing.

Still, I understand we live in a society were people are more allured by the way a message is delivered, more than the actual message itself. It's what it is.

You stated character doesn't really matter.

:russ::snoop::beli:

Desert diick is in the future of a man who thinks character doesn't matter.

:laugh:

Lets not be naive slim, character barely matters, if at all. Im sure you've heard about how so many women stick with "a$$holes"/"punks" with money, or how the most stand up women turn into groupies when a man of power and status comes along, why do you think that is?

Do you really think it's because of the mans "character" that they are attracted to him? If so you've got alot to learn about women :laugh: It has nothing to do with his "character" the women flock to him and play groupie hoe because of his money and power, its what drives women inate attraction, it makes them tick.

I cant emphasis this fact to my junior brother enough "forget learning pick up lines and all that other fly shyt; just make sure you money is super straight".

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
IMO, this is why dating is so messed up these days. You have people joining/getting into relationships for the WRONG reason. Like others have said it's a status thing now. I make decent/good money I don't care if my girl worked at kmart or some bullcrap all I care is if she was down for me,and if she was unhappy with her situation and she wanted more encourage her to goto school to better herself.

I mean obviously you have to use some common sense,if she's spending more then what she's bringing to the table, then it's like hey if you want expensive stuff you better be bringing in expensive money and stop spending all mine

• Dap
Reactions: I'z

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
Your right let me clarify because that came out wrong. Trthfully they arent that rare especially when you factor in the amount of first and second generation Africans snatching up engineering and healthcare jobs. But since the media perpetuates this shiftless lazy black men steretype some dudes start feeling themselves.

Yea, I agree with some of that.

:wtf: at your definition of charachter. Charachter has NOTHING to do with swag or how many hoes you can fukk. Most women are easy and have low self esteem anyway. Charachter means having self control, discipline, responsibility, level headedness, loyalty, honesty, integrity, compassion, etc

Charisma (swag) is a characteristic, the fukk are you talking about? :laugh:

being broke is a reflection of charachter. So no. FOH.

Not necessarily. I know plenty of good character brothers that are broke, and plenty of "a$$holes" that are rich.

Seems like YOU are the one who doesnt know what the definition of a man is. Project much??:pachaha:

:what:

:laugh:

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
Gotta appreciate all the Love Doctors in this place.

"nah nah nah Damn Cole, he'll be aight"

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
As much as this can qualify as meatpeeping, its true, a lot of cats who graduate and get good jobs are pretty smug. But, in another sense, haven't they earned the right to do so? lol :yeshrug:

Let's keep it 100%, most these cats don't got good paying jobs. They making 50-60k and think they really deserve something spectacular. These are the male equivalent to the broads who want props because they pay their own bills.

Most people are EXTREMELY delusional about their position in life. A lot of these nikkas are average, middle class, slightly overweight dudes mad because the perfect 10 doesn't give him a second look.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
To some of the lames on this board it is. There are a couple of cats on here that went to a decent school and were able to get a job in corporate after they graduated and now think they are God's gift to women because they didn't end up on the corner or in jail. shyt is pathetic. One poster, in spite of his 6 figure job, admitted that he has to pay for p*ssy just to get close to a woman.

What these fools fail to understand is that just because you're a black male who has a degree and a cubicle at some large company somewhere does not make you a catch. You still have to have a personality and decent social skills before women will look at you as relationship material. These guys have terrible social skills and even worse personalities. They're not even self-aware. That's why they're surprised when black women don't fall over themselves to get with them and gold-diggers play them for chumps. It's because they "are" chumps. Even with their degrees and even with their fancy corporate jobs, it doesn't change who they are as individuals--and that's lames.

Name names breh :shaq:

screenname01

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's not about that. It's just a smug ass thing to come out with and talk about. The chick works as a secretary. You don't think she knows who the high rollers are?

:shaq2:

This is equivalent to going up to a homeless person and striking up a conversation only to talk about your great life in the suburbs. You don't think he knows? It's about having social etiquette. I'm not going to speak about degrees, money, etc to those not on my level unless they are genuinely interested. I'm starting to understand lower middle class blacks complaints about there middle class, upper class brothas and sistas.

Cool man, you graduated, you doing big things, but instead of telling the next brotha about your collection of fine art, how about showing them the way. Leading by example is half the battle. A balanced leader is able to verbalize what he or she is doing. We lack those.

if you said this anywhere else you might halfway have a point. but seeing as how this is a hip hop forum, this is utter bullshyt. rappers dont lead by example. hip hop is the only genre that will promote a non talented muthafukka to rhyme about how much you aint shyt and how much better he is than you because he supposedly has more money & material thangs. and a lot of those rappers dont even be having money like they make it seem. they just figured out a formula to get to the money. and hip hop fans cant get enough of it. the african who made this thread is just playing the game like it was taught to him by the rappers. so you cant really knock him because we created this superficial enviroment in the first place. but i still cant get over a nygga on a hip hop forum saying $30000 is miniscule!

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
To be honest, you came across sounding like a pretty huge douche dropping a dollar figure like that over a casual date. You probably had this smug ass, "I'm the shyt" grin on your face too..
That's probably the funniest thing about the whole incident.

Never speak money/work in depth over casual dinner/work. It's so inappropriate. Thread starter is just as bad as women who have nothing to discuss but their career because they lack personality/culture/a life in general. If someone asks how you're doing, it's not your opportunity to discuss how great or bad your work day is. They are asking a holistic question. There are more aspects to life than just work.

It's also funny how a group of white people can shyt on him as begs for fried chicken wing scraps but they are not judged as a whole race by their actions. But as soon as one black women plays the number game back with him, suddenly all professional black women are a problem.

Minority Mindset :scusthov:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if you said this anywhere else you might halfway have a point. but seeing as how this is a hip hop forum, this is utter bullshyt. rappers dont lead by example. hip hop is the only genre that will promote a non talented muthafukka to rhyme about how much you aint shyt and how much better he is than you because he supposedly has more money & material thangs. and a lot of those rappers dont even be having money like they make it seem. they just figured out a formula to get to the money. and hip hop fans cant get enough of it. the african who made this thread is just playing the game like it was taught to him by the rappers. so you cant really knock him because we created this superficial enviroment in the first place. but i still cant get over a nygga on a hip hop forum saying $30000 is miniscule!

I'm not dissing the OP's accomplishment by any means, but unless its a small company $30,000 in the grand scheme of a corporation is not a lot of money. However for the project dude was working on it could have been a great thing.

screenname01

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not dissing the OP's accomplishment by any means, but unless its a small company $30,000 in the grand scheme of a corporation is not a lot of money. However for the project dude was working on it could have been a great thing.

miniscule is a diss the way you said it though