Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well at least we'll get that Spider Man and Venom movie.
giphy.gif
We already had one.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get the money aspect. Really do. Disney gets 5 percent on the first dollar made and they get all the merchandising dollars. And as Lucas and space balls taught us, merchandise is where the money is. But walking away from the table without a counter offer is dumb and clearly trying to call their bluff. While Rothman is also blind to the PR shyt storm coming his way to boot.

they’ll be back to the table and all this will be dealt with. Too much money to be made and Spider-Man is way too ingrained in that universe at this point. Actively going against what’s worked and what the people have shown they want us bad business.
Disney is being greedy If they also wanted involvement in All the sony spider movies (I.e. spiderverse and venom ) which Sony did on their own . sony doesn’t have to offer them anything though

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Mannnnn thinking of that rumored Harry Potter run with Holland's Spidey got me even more heated right now.

3 movies in HS -> 3 in College -> 3 in Adulthood :bryan:

Now we getting PIZZA TIME part 2 :to:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I know the contract isn't up yet...like one more film? If so, the most logical thing to do is kill him off and Sony run with Miles in the wake of Peter's death.

I mean Sony is great at writing shytting scripts so I'm sure they can find a way to bring him back but that seems like the best move for both parties.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
How the fukk is this thread already three pages deep? Mahfukkas be in here like this shyt will hit their own pockets. :deadmanny:

And straight up, Disney is in the wrong here. They did their part in resurrecting Spider-Man from Sony's 'everything we touch dies' clutches but this is just a power move based of pure greed. At least build the shyt up naturally, don't jump from 5% to 50% like it's all good.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If I'm Sony I'm not coming back to the table tbh. This would possibly cripple the MCU. Sony does not need marvel to make a billi off Spiderman.

People are in here straight wilding out. :mjlol:

Marvel just got back the X-Men, all mutant characters, Fantastic Four, Dr. Doom, Galactus....they don't need Spider-Man. They never did.

And yeah....Sony actually did need Marvel to make a billi off Spider-Man. That's literally what happened. People are in here acting like Sony wasn't about to go full retard prior to the MCU deal, and make an Aunt May movie for lack of better ideas.

Fred.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Disney isn’t going to cave, they still to refuse put any of their movies in 4k on iTunes, this is going on three years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.