Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
The math isn't quite 5 to 50.

Disney is asking to co-finance the films, so Sony wouldn't have to put up 100% of the marketing and production budgets going forward. And that's a lot of money.

Far From Home had the largest promo campaign in history, spending almost $300 million on marketing.

‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ Shatters Industry Records With $288M Promo Campaign – Deadline

That's on top of the $160 million on production budget. So they nearly spent half a billion just getting the damn film in the theater.

Those costs would presumably be split going forward.

Hollywood accounting is intentionally fuzzy so there's no way to know for sure what the numbers would look like, but even if Sony pulled in less overall with the co-financing, it wouldn't be a straight 95% of the profit to 50%.

I think the bigger holdup is that Disney wanted to include all of the future Spidey/Sony projects, including Venon. I think Sony is afraid of Disney chipping away at their properties and slowly taking control of them.

In either event, Sony still should have went to the negotiation table with a counter offer. Perhaps asking to receive a cut of the merchandising.

I don't think its over though. Bad publicity has a way of forcing their hand.

That actually sounds dope/reasonable if they can get the money straight, Sony playing games, gonna fukk around and muddy up the character with a bunch of spider-manless spider shyt, if we gonna be partners let's be partners for real, seems like Marvel is sick of just renting Pete and begging for everyone else.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Disney got really greedy but Sony could have at least counter offered just as a good faith measurement. The fact that they didn't shows they want out.

I'm not watching any non Marvel Studios live action Spiderman movies.
Yeah right. Let them bring in Venom, Carnage, Green Goblin or Kraven The Hunter you gonna be in that bytch day one.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
You gotta be fukking kidding me.....

Day was already ruined but wow this really puts the anchor on my foot.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Well at least we'll get that Spider Man and Venom movie.
giphy.gif

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're going to replace Zendaya with a white girl to appeal to Trump supporters

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Something's going to get done. Both parties put too many eggs in the MCU Spiderman to then pull out cold turkey.

Peter's entire development is wrapped in Tony Stark, from his aunt dating Happy, to his suit technology, and involvement in the Avengers.

I can't see any Spiderman movie being made from their end where they just ignore all of that. If anything, they'd have to start over with a new continuity Spiderman and I just can't see them doing that. Edit: And per the news release, they won't.

Something gotta give. Someone will budge.
It's over breh

:snoop:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjcry: And imma still go see the trash Sony puts out since that’s my favorite Marvel hero.

At least they got the GOAT Spidey movie under their belt :yeshrug:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
So we were all hoping Far From Home would succeed to keep this run going, only for SOny's greedy dumb asses to use that as the reason to abandon ship.

There's a reason why their last 2 Spidey franchises failed to the point where they needed to run to Marvel in the first place :snoop:

Status
Not open for further replies.