Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That whole franchise is fukked. It's beyond repairable. I bet all of a sudden, they're gonna forgot Tony ever existed and being in Uncle Ben. Peter Parker is fukking 16, Eddie Brock is fukking 40. This shyt is fukking stupid.

Like I said, I have no idea lol @SunZoo said it best, Tony, Happy, May, Michelle, Ned and everyone else are Marvel iterations that they can’t use, so how do you explain Peters motivations, backstory or anything up to that point?

Edit: Tony & Happy obviously, the rest allegedly

Last edited:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Honestly best thing for Sony would be to chill on live action and just do animated

Ain't even worth the headache

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Like I said, I have no idea lol @SunZoo said it best, Tony, May, Michelle, Ned and everyone else are Marvel iterations that they can’t use, so how do you explain Peters motivations, backstory or anything up to that point?

Edit: Tony obviously, the rest allegedly
Honestly, they need to reboot and start all over but watch them do some dumb shyt like time jump Peter to Eddie Brocks age and continue from there. It makes absolutely no sense in keeping Holland if the side characters are a part of Marvel. Maybe he goes to another school, his uncle dies and he meets MJ.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Honestly, they need to reboot and start all over but watch them do some dumb shyt like time jump Peter to Eddie Brocks age and continue from there. It makes absolutely no sense in keeping Holland if the side characters are a part of Marvel. Maybe he goes to another school, his uncle dies and he meets MJ.
I believe they can use Marissa Tomei as Aunt May, Zendaya and all the Spider-Man characters from the first two MCU flicks They can't use Happy Hogan, mention Tony Stark or the Avengers. It will be difficult but the way they ended the last one they can probably just relocate him and have him on the run.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Why you nikkas tag me back in this thread, I was trying to stay out...I'm am severely triggered :mjcry:

I'm in here scrambling, trying to find a way out...y'all don't understand, Spider-man is like the 2pac of superheros to me, this is breaking my fukking heart going through this AGAIN. I ain't even like TASM series that much and I was LIVID when they decided to scrap it.

I'm in my late 20's. there will be at least 4 different Spider-Man series in my timeline.
I'm done with the movies.
I still think that the black Mary Jane nudged them to this decision as well. Not the whole reason but just one of the reasons.

There is a lot of "Anti-SJW's" complaining about Spider-man being too woke, aka, we want a white Mary Jane.

I’m still so confused on how they’d make this work without rebooting lol

They're gonna bank on being able to fool casual fans who don't keep up with all the flim flam that this is still Marvel proper.

I'm already hearing they're gonna shoehorn him into Venom 2 and Morbius, like any of it makes sense.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I believe they can use Marissa Tomei as Aunt May, Zendaya and all the Spider-Man characters from the first two MCU flicks They can't use Happy Hogan, mention Tony Stark or the Avengers. It will be difficult but the way they ended the last one they can probably just relocate him and have him on the run.

I don't think so.

Sony made them use unique iterations of the characters so that they could retain exclusive rights to the originals and you see a lot of fans mad at "MJ" being black and Ned being a rip off of Ganke. Peter/Spider-man himself had to be unique to the MCU as well, it's why the supposed Venom cameo was just an unnamed Tom Holland walking around, to give the illusion that it's the same character when it's not.

Last edited:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Yeah I'm pretty sure Sony had final say on the casting of those Spidey related characters don't see a reason why they can't be used.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I don't think so.

Sony made them use unique iterations of the characters so that they could retain exclusive rights to the originals and you see a lot of fans mad at "MJ" being black and Ned being a rip off of Ganke. Peter/Spider-man himself had to be unique to the MCU as well, it's why the supposed Venom cameo was just and unnamed Tom Holland walking around, to give the illusion that it's the same character when it's not.
So Tom Holland is still going to be Peter Parker/Spider-Man but they are going to make Aunt May be older with an older actress? And have a new Mary Jane and Flash? Wow, yeah that's gonna be a little crazy.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
hope all the cast members find their way out

make sony reboot & recast

they feel like they can handle it solo then let them work from scratch

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
So Tom Holland is still going to be Peter Parker/Spider-Man but they are going to make Aunt May be older with an older actress? And have a new Mary Jane and Flash? Wow, yeah that's gonna be a little crazy.

The whole shyt is going to suck, but being that it's already dumb that Venom has been roaming free in the Spider-verse unchecked by any version of Spider-man, they'll probably just do some alternate dimension shyt where they can have the actual Mary Jane and more comic book accurate versions of the characters, Peter included. Into the spiderverse had a female Doc Ock and all kinda wild shyt that worked great in animation. But as I said, the mediums don't often translate very well...DC has GREAT animated films.

Their best bet IMO is to try and do a live action into the spider-verse where nothing really has to make sense and hope the mediums can translate well and people can get beyond the clusterfukkkery of it all.

Good luck

:francis:

Yeah I'm pretty sure Sony had final say on the casting of those Spidey related characters don't see a reason why they can't be used.

Those MCU Spider-man movies don't count toward Sony's retention of Spider-man rights. Anything they try to use from them will probably be grounds for legal action for creating false association, which is probably why they pulled the Tom Holand cameo from Venom.

For instance...there is no Michelle Jones that originates from Spider-man comics, she is unique to the MCU. The closest thing resembling her in the comics is a college student that becomes one of the Inhumans in an Ironheart storyline...if they really gonna reboot Inhumans and possibly do a live action Ironheart, they could put her in it or just make her Ironheart. Would make more sense than Shuri or some random MIT student.

Last edited:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hope all the cast members find their way out

make sony reboot & recast

they feel like they can handle it solo then let them work from scratch

Why do we keep getting this take . Sony has made mostly good Spider-Man movies without marvels input . The worse one was mostly because Sam Raimi didn’t like venom and was shoe horning him in

Status
Not open for further replies.