Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.

tenor.gif

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Oh shyt they dont count? So umm isnt that kinda slick on disney’s part and played a role in why sony said nah we good. Cause if they dont have a film in development in like 8 years it goes back to marvel. Thats how they got daredevil back i believe. Disney might still have a trojan horse by promising holland a job if he backs out of the role with sony tarnishing the brand

It's about who get's production credits.

The MCU Spider-man films are produced by Marvel Studios/Columbia and only distributed by Sony. They do the marketing, Marvel Studios creates the films.

For them to keep their rights, they have to get producer credits for live action Spider-man films which is why they were offered a co-financing deal for Spider-man and the spin offs since they were going out of their way to make the audience believe Venom was associated with Marvel proper when it wasn't.

- Marvel gets a bigger cut for doing the lions share of the work. They also get more access to Spider-man characters that the fans actually give a fukk about.

- Sony get's production credits and legitimized MCU integration (so that it makes sense) for characters directly associated with Spider-man so they aren't looking off brand with their Venom-verse.

Now a 50/50 split is some bullshyt, that 70/30 is reasonable and so is wanting to keep the continuity between franchises if they want crossovers.

Last edited:

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:how they greedy for wanting to keep something they own.
I’m sayin it from a disgruntled fan perspective. The Spidey movies also brought in more #s while Feige and co played a huge role. I think giving Disney 30% and letting Venom, etc become apart of the MCU as well would’ve been the better business decision long term..

I’m pretty sure Feige didn’t play as big a role behind the scenes of their non MCU movies as their making it seem. Feige and co do movies knowing where they’re going forward. I think Sony does shyt and crams too many seeds into the overall plot of the film and then hope the box office does good and hopes the critics are decent enough to greenlight another... that’s the difference. At least in the MCU, the narrative is more concrete and they know in advance what’s getting 2-3 films

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good. Pete does not need to be on Tony's nuts the way they set him up in the MCU so far. Liked his MCU joints, but I always hated that aspect.

still think they'll come to a deal though and everyone will stop acting stupid. But for Disney to try and be greedy with the shyt is wack. For what they want, Sony would be back to pre MCU level of income from the movies after Disney's proposed cut. What's the point of that when a movie like Venom makes more for Sony without giving Disney shyt. Listen to DMX Mickey, stop bein greedy. Just keep it real Bob, share it right with Sony.
I think they’ll come to a deal eventually because the opportunity is too good to pass up. You could literally have the symbiote bond with characters outside of Spider-Man now like in the comics now that Marvel has the F4 and X Men.

Spider-Man and Deadpool live on screen together is too much money to be wasted. It sucks that right when Marvel got everyone else back, they lost Spider-Man and can’t use his surrounding characters.

I agree that they did do too much making him Tony Jr but I did come to like that relationship.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I agree that they did do too much making him Tony Jr but I did come to like that relationship.

It made sense as the most seamless way to integrate him into the MCU. FFH was the completion of that process and the step to get him out of Tony's shadow and into a more grounded setting with more personal stakes.

The issue is, in order to do that Marvel needs access to the characters that people want to see and Sony was being uptight with them because they knew they could potentially catch some steam off the MCU and just go do their own thing. They been trying to associate with the MCU since the Andrew Garflied movies to get the support from the fanbase...now that they got it, they would rather waste a Venom for a cash grab than let Marvel do him right.

Look what they did with Mysterio corny ass lol, imagine what Spider-man 3 would be like with characters that people actually fukk with.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
:mjlol: These clowns are going crazy, Sony is greedy but not Disney asking for 50% while owning 30 different franchises

Wait, so is that the final confirmation?

Because I thought several sources that some of the brehs even posted in here said that wasn’t true?

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It made sense as the most seamless way to integrate him into the MCU. FFH was the completion of that process and the step to get him out of Tony's shadow and into a more grounded setting with more personal stakes.

The issue is, in order to do that Marvel needs access to the characters that people want to see and Sony was being uptight with them because they knew they could potentially catch some steam off the MCU and just go do their own thing. They been trying to associate with the MCU since the Andrew Garflied movies to get the support from the fanbase...now that they got it, they would rather waste a Venom for a cash grab than let Marvel do him right.

Look what they did with Mysterio corny ass lol, imagine what Spider-man 3 would be like with characters that people actually fukk with.
A Kevin Feige/MCU Doc Oc, Green Goblin or Chameleon :wow:

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
What ? You didn’t like Spider-Man 2? You think far from home and homecoming are better ???

Spiderman 2 was 15 years ago. They made 3 crappy movies since then and Marvel had to save the ip.
I've said this in a bunch of threads, Sony proper didn't stick their nose into the Animated movie nearly as much as they would a live action film they expect to make a billion dollars.

The team that made spiderverse was left mostly unbothered creatively, and I have little hope fore a sequel because now everyone in the company is going to want input and control so they can take credit. Phill Lord and Christopher Miller will not have the freedom they did last time, no way.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
Can't be worse than their experience with Disney:mjgrin:

Exactly what I mean, they tried to save that movie (Solo), by deviating from the dry a$$ script and boring tone but Lucasfilm fired them for it and replaced them mid filming with someone who would toe the line. I was genuinely excited to see a star wars universe movie from their vision, Han Solo was the perfect Star wars character to make swaggy/humorous movie behind, and the studio wouldn't let them cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.