Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
"He may return to the MCU in the future" ...

fukk that lol, you either come up off the IP all together or keep it, don't fukk things up and then ask Marvel to save you again.

I hope Apple buys Sony Pictures quick in a hurry.

Sony finna pull that 'move out cause you think you grown then end up having to come home and ask your parents for help' ass move :russ:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Why do we keep getting this take . Sony has made mostly good Spider-Man movies without marvels input . The worse one was mostly because Sam Raimi didn’t like venom and was shoe horning him in
that shyte was iight

but we know what life is like with that official marvel.studios stamp now

ain't no going back to the slums b fukk no ha

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
What ? You didn’t like Spider-Man 2? You think far from home and homecoming are better ???
like i said i will watch the sony webhead flicks

but marvel.studios just too crisp with the work

sony always has a little offbrand bootleg energy to what they do ha

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Why do we keep getting this take . Sony has made mostly good Spider-Man movies without marvels input . The worse one was mostly because Sam Raimi didn’t like venom and was shoe horning him in
People love this MCU version that much but hey I’m willing to give Sony a chance. I loved the first two Raimi movies and Spider-verse. I feel like the ending of Far from Home lends itself well to make a solo spidey movie where he has to depend on himself.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tom Holland’s Spider-Man is based on being the successor to Iron Man so now all of a sudden you have to rush a movie because you want to remain on a 2 year movie schedule so your greedy ass can keep the film rights..

And now you have to basically omit his entire supporting cast because their existence is played off of Iron Man, the snap and the Avengers.

And you’re also telling us you’re gonna continue the story of Spider-Man being unmasked after working under “Nick Fury” and mourning Tony Stark, but you can’t mention any of that or them :snoop:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Tom Holland’s Spider-Man is based on being the successor to Iron Man so now all of a sudden you have to rush a movie because you want to remain on a 2 year movie schedule so your greedy ass can keep the film rights..

And now you have to basically omit his entire supporting cast because their existence is played off of Iron Man, the snap and the Avengers.

And you’re also telling us you’re gonna continue the story of Spider-Man being unmasked after working under “Nick Fury” and mourning Tony Stark, but you can’t mention any of that or them :snoop:

Good. Pete does not need to be on Tony's nuts the way they set him up in the MCU so far. Liked his MCU joints, but I always hated that aspect.

still think they'll come to a deal though and everyone will stop acting stupid. But for Disney to try and be greedy with the shyt is wack. For what they want, Sony would be back to pre MCU level of income from the movies after Disney's proposed cut. What's the point of that when a movie like Venom makes more for Sony without giving Disney shyt. Listen to DMX Mickey, stop bein greedy. Just keep it real Bob, share it right with Sony.

Last edited:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
fukk outta here with that bullshyt

Why? They were rumored to buy them as recent as this year, all the "bu bu bu bu bu Monopoloy" shyt goes out the window, I don't want Disney to own Sony, fukk Disney.

I want Marvel to have their most famous character back...one that they had to rehabilitate for Sony after they killed 2 Spider-man franchises. I would be elated if they were bought out and the rights reverted back to where they should be.

Why is that unreasonable?

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Why? They were rumored to buy them as recent as this year, all the "bu bu bu bu bu Monopoloy" shyt goes out the window, I don't want Marvel to own Sony, I want them to have their most famous character back. That's not unreasonable or me caping for Disney, fukk Disney but I would be elated if Sony Pictures got bought out and the rights reverted back to where the should be.

the new owner wouldn't keep the rights? :

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
the new owner wouldn't keep the rights? :

Nope.

Apple or Viacom were looking to buy Sony Pictures and if they do, the rights don't change hands. The rights revert back to Marvel if/when they sell.

They'll try to make this work but if/when it blows up, they'll either sell or come crawling back to Marvel. They already trying to leave the door open for an out in case their soft reboot fails.

Last edited:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The whole shyt is going to suck, but being that it's already dumb that Venom has been roaming free in the Spider-verse unchecked by any version of Spider-man, they'll probably just do some alternate dimension shyt where they can have the actual Mary Jane and more comic book accurate versions of the characters, Peter included. Into the spiderverse had a female Doc Ock and all kinda wild shyt that worked great in animation. But as I said, the mediums don't often translate very well...DC has GREAT animated films.

Their best bet IMO is to try and do a live action into the spider-verse where nothing really has to make sense and hope the mediums can translate well and people can get beyond the clusterfukkkery of it all.

Good luck

:francis:

Those MCU Spider-man movies don't count toward Sony's retention of Spider-man rights. Anything they try to use from them will probably be grounds for legal action for creating false association, which is probably why they pulled the Tom Holand cameo from Venom.

For instance...there is no Michelle Jones that originates from Spider-man comics, she is unique to the MCU. The closest thing resembling her in the comics is a college student that becomes one of the Inhumans in an Ironheart storyline...if they really gonna reboot Inhumans and possibly do a live action Ironheart, they could put her in it or just make her Ironheart. Would make more sense than Shuri or some random MIT student.

Oh shyt they dont count? So umm isnt that kinda slick on disney’s part and played a role in why sony said nah we good. Cause if they dont have a film in development in like 8 years it goes back to marvel. Thats how they got daredevil back i believe. Disney might still have a trojan horse by promising holland a job if he backs out of the role with sony tarnishing the brand

Status
Not open for further replies.