Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Did they want part of Venom and Co. without producing them or was it going to be similar to how they did Spiderman Homecoming/FFH?
And Stan lee's daughter saying dude was mistreated by Marvel studios when he never said it himself is not neutral. She definitely picking a side. :usure:

I was going off the original reporting I read about Disney wanting more of a Stake in the entire Spidey Cinematic Universe not just Spiderman. What I meant by Stan's daughter was she didn't trash Sony and said "My Father's Creations needs "MULTIPLE POINTS OF VIEW". And I agree 100%. I liked that Fox's X-Men was different than the MCU. Yes they had bad films but they also had good ones too. MCU has had some average films as well they aren't all good. I don't see Disney doing a film like "Logan" on the MCU because they don't do R-rated type comic films. They better not water down "Deadpool" either now that's it Disney. Even "Venom" probably wouldn't come out on the MCU being as dark as it was. This is why Sony is very happy, they took the RISK on doing a "Venom" film and it did generate major profits for them (Venom Budget was like 100 Million and it made damn near 900, damn) I liked her statement because she was letting people know that Stan did deals with multiple companies for a reason. This idea that Disney needs to own it all doesn't sit well me. It's a defacto Monopoly, that's my view.

Jc6qcR8r

Marvel and Disney seeking total control of my father’s creations must be checked and balanced by others who, while still seeking to profit, have genuine respect for Stan Lee and his legacy. - JC LEE

:sas2: Now Let's see ya'll disrespect Stan's daughter to uphold Disney.

Last edited:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I was going off the original reporting I read about Disney wanting more of a Stake in the entire Spidey Cinematic Universe not just Spiderman. What I meant by Stan's daughter was she didn't trash Sony and said "My Father's Creations needs "MULTIPLE POINTS OF VIEW". And I agree 100%. I liked that Fox's X-Men was different than the MCU. Yes they had bad films but they also had good ones too. MCU has had some average films as well they aren't all good. I don't see Disney doing a film like "Logan" on the MCU because they don't do R-rated type comic films. They better not water down "Deadpool" either now that's it Disney. Even "Venom" probably wouldn't come out on the MCU being as dark as it was. This is why Sony is very happy, they took the RISK on doing a "Venom" film and it did generate major profits for them (Venom Budget was like 100 Million and it made damn near 900, damn) I liked her statement because she was letting people know that Stan did deals with multiple companies for a reason. This idea that Disney needs to own it all doesn't sit well me. It's a defacto Monopoly, that's my view.

Jc6qcR8r

Marvel and Disney seeking total control of my father’s creations must be checked and balanced by others who, while still seeking to profit, have genuine respect for Stan Lee and his legacy. - JC LEE

fukk that bytch. :pachaha:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Holland is apparently signed on for to more movies. They wouldn't have to re cast

It would still need to be a reboot.

Same way Marvel had to come up with different iterations of the characters according to the sharing agreement, Sony can't use the MCU iteration of Peter Parker/Spider-Man, he's gonna have to be a different person with a different back story, different versions of supporting characters whether it's Holland or not.

And that's going to be fukking stupid.

But honestly fukk it, if Sony wants to take the ball in fumble it cool. Let WandaVision be the break in the current time line and KIM.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Does it matter? Why would I be ok with splitting half the profit for a character I own? The budget for Venom was approx. $116M, made $856M. I'd rather have 100% of the profits than getting maybe another $100M for the movie and having to split that 50/50.
You can make a better movie with a producer with an impeccable record, make even more $ via being included in the MCU and receiving that good will, cut down your risk by partnering with another studio that shares the cost. :francis:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
If they lose Spider-man, here's hoping they fast-track the X-men and F4. I think they'll come up with some kind of a deal with Spidey though. Disney lowkey really needs to do whatever it takes to keep Spider-man in the MCU if they want to keep the franchise going, especially now that the two heaviest hitters are both gone and they haven't given us the hype fan-favorite characters yet.

Star Wars is in the toilet :scust:
Phase 4 is looking flabby and sick :flabbynsick:
...and there's the controversy with them apparently inflating their own revenue :lupe:

Disney needs to pull it together and stop being greedy IMO.
Disney is a struggling movie studio now y'all. :mjlol:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Let's say Sony agreed to Disney's 50% deal and set this up for the next movie

Budget: 160M (FFH Budget)
Merch Sales: 1.6B (2014 number, probably way higher now)
BO: 1.1B (FFH as of today)

Disney/Sony Budget Spending: 80M split
Disney/Sony Marketing Budget: 144M split
Disney's Merch Sales: 1.6B
Sony's Merch Sales: 0
BO Revenue for Disney/Sony: 550M split

Disney's Total profit for Spider-Man: 2B+
Sony's Total profit for Spider-Man: 326M

How is this fair? This is not even considering the fact that this would apply to Morbius & Venom 2 as well

:mjlol:

70/30 would be fair (and seems to be what they actually ask for) and would afford Feige more control to help manage the continuity issues that come with a cross over.

Not to mention Sony has a whole TV Spider-Verse line up that they want to do and can't without Marvel's co-sign that they would be caking off of as well.

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Does it matter? Why would I be ok with splitting half the profit for a character I own? The budget for Venom was approx. $116M, made $856M. I'd rather have 100% of the profits than getting maybe another $100M for the movie and having to split that 50/50.

y'all really trying to give venom a double up bad as hell.
domestically it only did like 200m.

It would still need to be a reboot.

Same way Marvel had to come up with different iterations of the characters according to the sharing agreement, Sony can't use the MCU iteration of Peter Parker/Spider-Man, he's gonna have to be a different person with a different back story, different versions of supporting characters whether it's Holland or not.

And that's going to be fukking stupid.

But honestly fukk it, if Sony wants to take the ball in fumble it cool. Let WandaVision be the break in the current time line and KIM.

if Disney makes any Scarlett witch, anything as the villain focus.
I am done.

art barr

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Jc6qcR8r

Agreeing with her opinion is fine but let's not act like she didn't try and trash Marvel/Disney. :sas1:

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
when you adjust for inflation even the amazing spiderman is close to far from home

giving them life :dead:

a solo spidey movie is doing a billion regardless today

pair him with venom and :wow:

marvel is going to have to come back to the table begging because they only have 2 true billion dollar properties currently: thor and BP

:banderas: If we get a Maximum Carnage movie.

Or they actually follow back up with a Sinister Six that has been left off on for 2 movies

They need to bring Garfield and Toby back for one more movie and get this live action spider-verse started..

And if these folks keep whining, I hope they bring them back for a clone saga instead . :ufdup:

Last edited:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
y'all really trying to give venom a double up bad as hell.
domestically it only did

if Disney makes any Scarlett witch, anything as the villain focus.
I am done.

art barr

I don't know about a straight up heel turn but something alone the lines of House of M, maybe in reverse.

Eternals will explain the x gene, WandaVision will probably explain why they've been dormant up until the Snap.

giphy.gif

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Agreeing with her opinion is fine but let's not act like she didn't try and trash Marvel/Disney. :sas1:

:lolbron:

I just read the last part of her last quote, I missed that. She did hit them with a little ether, lol. But her overall point is right about having more than one studio working on her Father's creations. I think that's fair. I don't blame Disney for trying to get Spidey back because let's be honest. Spidey's Universe has MAD characters. I think Sony realizes at the end of the day, they have the cash cow of the Marvel Universe. I also don't blame Stan for selling to Sony back in the day. Marvel was struggling in the Late 90's. "Blade", "X-Men" and "Spidey 02" literally lifted them out of bankruptcy. The animation licences they sold wasn't enough to keep them afloat. They needed that studio money.

List of Spider-Man supporting characters - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.