Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm still :mindblown: at how people want Disney to buy up everything
They're basically supporting monopolization without even knowing it. Is it really worth it to the film industry for Disney to own close to (if not) 50% of every studio just so Spiderman can interact with MCU characters? Apparently so for some people.

Are you guys saying because Marvel fans want all their characters under the same umbrella Disney then decided to buy Fox? Marvel and their fans drove the entire acquisition? :rudy:
Stop with the dishonest characterizations. :stopitslime:

Daps
reppin Jersey.

it all makes sense.

:martin:

:ufdup:

Disney needs to fall back and realize their greed can pose a much bigger risk than what Sony is risking.

Spider-Man is the flagship Marvel character. Sony is gonna see bank regardless as long as they retain his rights, doesn't matter how terrible the movies may be outside the MCU.

It's fukking Spider-Man.

Need I remind you all about the buzz surrounding Civil War? A movie that practically had all the MCU characters in it, and outside of the die-hard Black Panther fans familiar with character before his solo movie, the only thing anyone gave a fukk about was seeing Spidey for the first time on screen with the other Avengers.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
at the end of the day.
Sony is at risk of Joel schumacher'n Spidey as a viable property. Where there is no dark knight style spiderman that can bring Spider-Man back to a draw in film.
unless the legacy people at marvel are involved.

that is what you and the people at sony are not seeing.
they think spider man as a film property can't be made into et the video game but it can.

art barr

I feel Spidey 3 and TASM 2 were Joel S.-esqe already so Maybe they've learned some things through this Marvel team up. Also from what I've seen thus far, I'm not expecting a "Dark Knight Esqe" Spidey from the MCU either. In a perfect world Marvel would own all characters but this isn't a perfect world. Sony bailed them out in the late 90's long before the MCU was even made. This isn't about emotions, it's about business. No business owner would give up that much percentage of their biggest franchise. Disney wouldn't do it themselves so I don't know why people are thinking Sony would or has to.

The problem with your logic is you're listing movies from 10-15 years ago as proof that Spider-Man is fine without Marvel's involvement.

"ASM" 1&2 did not perform how Sony wanted. Which is what led to Marvel's involvement in the first place. Again....Aunt May movie.
So the last movie prior to "Venom", that Sony was happy with, without Marvel....was "Spider-Man 3"....which came out 12 years ago. :unimpressed:

All this, coupled with the fact that Sony's movie division has been on the brink of collapse for a decade, if not longer....yeah. I don't see how anyone in their right minds can think this is good for Spider-Man.

Fred.

"Venom" and "Spideyverse" is the biggest reason they are fine which is what I was arguing. "Venom" quality aside was a success period. It did better than Several Marvel properties. Spidey Verse was Critically Acclaimed and beat Disney's animation for the Oscar. Of course Sony's feels much better going alone now. I only brought up the earlier films to show Spidey was making dough just fine before than MCU was even conceived or made. And TASM 1 still did decent numbers that Sony was fine with. Sony changed their minds after that horrible TASM 2. Again their last 2 Spidey films (Venom /Spideyverse) are the reason they are fine going in a different direction. If Disney "Loved" the fans so much, they would do what Sony ask but obviously making money is more important than "Fan Feelings" about Spidey being in the MCU. Look how quickly Disney yanked the whole character because they didn't "Get their way". Yet people wanna blame Sony? Please. Blame Disney for only caring about "MONEY" instead of having Spidey in the MCU.

I'm sure TASM 2 made money and also put the character on ice, it ain't just about the money. Venom was ass, albeit entertaining due to the fact that he at least looked like Venom from the comics and had some key aspects down..but it was a shyt movie, making more movies of that quality, whether they pop or not is going to degrade the property. And the man in charge is the same guy did helped do exactly that to Fantastic 4 and X-men.

I've never vouched for the "Quality" of these future films. I'm talking the business of Spidey Post-MCU. TASM lead to the Disney Deal....well Venom and Spideyvese leads to them leaving the deal. I think all of us Spidey fans want great films and a healthy franchise but asking a major movie Studio to give another Studio more power over their flagship franchise isn't smart business at all. Again people need to get out of their emotions and looks at this logically. Some of you are asking Sony to commit business malpractice and lose money so Disney can make even more Money then they already have. I don't want a Monopoly over entertainment like some of you do just to have comic characters all under the same umbrella. (Marvel fans are calling for Sony to be bought out, SMH). Sony holds the cards, Disney said no and left so it's on them not Sony. This idea that Marvel "HAS TO" have the characters is BS. They sold the rights 20 years ago and that's what they have to deal with. They need to humble themselves and Takes Sony's deal or it's deuces.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

Disney needs to fall back and realize their greed can pose a much bigger risk than what Sony is risking.

Spider-Man is the flagship Marvel character. Sony is gonna see bank regardless as long as they retain his rights, doesn't matter how terrible the movies may be outside the MCU.

It's fukking Spider-Man.

Need I remind you all about the buzz surrounding Civil War? A movie that practically had all the MCU characters in it, and outside of the die-hard Black Panther fans familiar with character before his solo movie, the only thing anyone gave a fukk about was seeing Spidey for the first time on screen with the other Avengers.
Disney dont need to do shyt but keep making poppin ass fliks with all my favorite heroes in them shyts.
ME...
im paid. so i dont give a fukk about capitalizations and all this other buklshyt.
i want my comic book shyt to be true to the source.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I feel Spidey 3 and TASM 2 were Joel S.-esqe already so Maybe they've learned some things through this Marvel team up. Also from what I've seen thus far, I'm not expecting a "Dark Knight Esqe" Spidey from the MCU either. In a perfect world Marvel would own all characters but this isn't a perfect world. Sony bailed them out in the late 90's long before the MCU was even made. This isn't about emotions, it's about business. No business owner would give up that much percentage of their biggest franchise. Disney wouldn't do it themselves so I don't know why people are thinking Sony would or has to.

"Venom" and "Spideyverse" is the biggest reason they are fine which is what I was arguing. "Venom" quality aside was a success period. It did better than Several Marvel properties. Spidey Verse was Critically Acclaimed and beat Disney's animation for the Oscar. Of course Sony's feels much better going alone now. I only brought up the earlier films to show Spidey was making dough just fine before than MCU was even conceived or made. And TASM 1 still did decent numbers that Sony was fine with. Sony changed their minds after that horrible TASM 2. Again their last 2 Spidey films (Venom /Spideyverse) are the reason they are fine going in a different direction. If Disney "Loved" the fans so much, they would do what Sony ask but obviously making money is more important than "Fan Feelings" about Spidey being in the MCU. Look how quickly Disney yanked the whole character because they didn't "Get their way". Yet people wanna blame Sony? Please. Blame Disney for only caring about "MONEY" instead of having Spidey in the MCU.

I've never vouched for the "Quality" of these future films. I'm talking the business of Spidey Post-MCU. TASM lead to the Disney Deal....well Venom and Spideyvese leads to them leaving the deal. I think all of us Spidey fans want great films and a healthy franchise but asking a major movie Studio to give another Studio more power over their flagship franchise isn't smart business at all. Again people need to get out of their emotions and looks at this logically. Some of you are asking Sony to commit business malpractice and lose money so Disney can make even more Money then they already have. I don't want a Monopoly over entertainment like some of you do just to have comic characters all under the same umbrella. (Marvel fans are calling for Sony to be bought out, SMH). Sony holds the cards, Disney said no and left so it's on them not Sony. This idea that Marvel "HAS TO" have the characters is BS. They sold the rights 20 years ago and that's what they have to deal with. They need to humble themselves and Takes Sony's deal or it's deuces.

Please quote someone on the coli saying they want Disney to buy Sony?! If people are saying that on twitter holla at them there. Acting like Marvel fans on the coli have to answer to the most extreme voices on twitter is dishonest debate.
And BOTH Disney and Sony are in this for $. You sound like Disney only cares about money while Sony cares about the character. Again that's disingenuous.
50% was an offer, why not counter? That's how negotiation works. They don't want to, they think they know enough to do this well by themselves, their words. I hope that's the case but time will tell I guess. :francis:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The problem with your logic is you're listing movies from 10-15 years ago as proof that Spider-Man is fine without Marvel's involvement.

"ASM" 1&2 did not perform how Sony wanted. Which is what led to Marvel's involvement in the first place. Again....Aunt May movie.
So the last movie prior to "Venom", that Sony was happy with, without Marvel....was "Spider-Man 3"....which came out 12 years ago. :unimpressed:

All this, coupled with the fact that Sony's movie division has been on the brink of collapse for a decade, if not longer....yeah. I don't see how anyone in their right minds can think this is good for Spider-Man.

Fred.
They won an oscar for a spidey movie less than 6 months ago :umad:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

It's fukking Spider-Man.

You right. Spider Man was the reason why Captain America 3 did over a billion....even Black brehs that wanted to see BP in a film pales in comparison to people who wanted to see Spidey in a MCU film.

But these People want to re write history instead.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You right. Spider Man was the reason why Captain America 3 did over a billion....even Black brehs that wanted to see BP in a film pales in comparison to people who wanted to see Spidey in a MCU film.

But these People want to re write history instead.
Uh, this is pure speculation. You have no idea what the movie would have made without Spiderman. You are just making shyt up.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Please quote someone on the coli saying they want Disney to buy Sony?! If people are saying that on twitter holla at them there. Acting like Marvel fans on the coli have to answer to the most extreme voices on twitter is dishonest debate.
And BOTH Disney and Sony are in this for $. You sound like Disney only cares about money while Sony cares about the character. Again that's disingenuous.
50% was an offer, why not counter? That's how negotiation works. They don't want to, they think they know enough to do this well by themselves, their words. I hope that's the case but time will tell I guess. :francis:

I'm not talking about here per say. I'm talking about online and social media. Your right, I wasn't singling anyone out here. But in general there are Marvel fans that are jumping out the window from what I've seen. Why is it when Disney brought Fox everyone was jumping up about down about "Great business move" but Sony giving up all that percentage wouldn't be a great business move for them and now their the bad guys? lol. Sony did want any smart business would. That's keep majority stake in their most popular franchise. Also Sony did "Negotiate" They told Disney "Hell No" just like Disney would tell someone "Hell No" if they wanted 50% stake into the MCU their most popular and lucative franchise. Also i've done more research on the deal. Disney supposedly wanted 50% of all Spidey related movies that includes Venom and other spinoffs they got going. It wasn't just about the MCU. Sony said no and the reports are Disney walked away from the deal and said fine "We taking Spidey out of the MCU". I'm sure they are hoping this fan uproar will make Sony cave. Again supposedly they are still negotiating. I like the statement by Stan Lee's own daughter, very neutral.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm not talking about here per say. I'm talking about online and social media. Your right, I wasn't singling anyone out here. But in general there are Marvel fans that are jumping out the window from what I've seen. Why is it when Disney brought Fox everyone was jumping up about down about "Great business move" but Sony giving up all that percentage wouldn't be a great business move for them and now their the bad guys? lol. Sony did want any smart business would. That's keep majority stake in their most popular franchise. Also Sony did "Negotiate" They told Disney "Hell No" just like Disney would tell someone "Hell No" if they wanted 50% stake into the MCU their most popular and lucative franchise. Also i've done more research on the deal. Disney supposedly wanted 50% of all Spidey related movies that includes Venom and other spinoffs they got going. It wasn't just about the MCU. Sony said no and the reports are Disney walked away from the deal and said fine "We taking Spidey out of the MCU". I'm sure they are hoping this fan uproar will make Sony cave. Again supposedly they are still negotiating. I like the statement by Stan Lee's own daughter, very neutral.
Did they want part of Venom and Co. without producing them or was it going to be similar to how they did Spiderman Homecoming/FFH?
And Stan lee's daughter saying dude was mistreated by Marvel studios when he never said it himself is not neutral. She definitely picking a side. :usure:

Status
Not open for further replies.