Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
There's really grown men out here riding for Disney. I thought it was the Marvel acquisition, but nikkas is specifically caping for Disney here ?
this is a whole nother thang
:hubie:
oooo!!!

this is gonna get you daps!!

:lolbron:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did they want part of Venom and Co. without producing them or was it going to be similar to how they did Spiderman Homecoming/FFH?
Does it matter? Why would I be ok with splitting half the profit for a character I own? The budget for Venom was approx. $116M, made $856M. I'd rather have 100% of the profits than getting maybe another $100M for the movie and having to split that 50/50.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The movie was made for 90mill and did 375 worldwide it didn't do Disney or Pixar numbers but that's almost 3 times the budget.

xlei6p55bxe11.gif

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
People going extra hard over huge businesses doing what huge businesses do, scrape for every last dollar. :mjlol:

Obviously Disney wants more money, they are the reason the franchise is afloat and it’s their fukking character :mjlol: and of course Sony is trying to play hard ball Spider-Man is all them nikkas got :mjlol:

If Sony wants to puff out their chest good luck to them. The overall sentiment is against them though, Disney has 10+ years of good will established and great movies. We could be headed for another reboot, I’m doubtful they’ll be able to handle it alone and venom 2 is not likely to repeat 1s financial success.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Does it make business sense to cut out the biggest demo; kids from the viewing audience of a Spiderman movie? No, that's why Sony never did what you are asking so how are you acting like it is on the horizon? It never was.

He wants a Nolan Spider-man, jesus fukking christ the idiocy.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Sony probably thinks they will continue to see big numbers from venom and will probably shelf Spider-Man until they get a big named director that will promise to “take care” of the franchise. But as it stands I ain’t fukking with any more non marvel produced movies about their characters. And I wouldn’t be surprised if all them shot flop going forward

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's obvious if spidey is indeed gone they have to rewrite their current plans. Probably will fast track x-men/f4

If they lose Spider-man, here's hoping they fast-track the X-men and F4. I think they'll come up with some kind of a deal with Spidey though. Disney lowkey really needs to do whatever it takes to keep Spider-man in the MCU if they want to keep the franchise going, especially now that the two heaviest hitters are both gone and they haven't given us the hype fan-favorite characters yet.

Star Wars is in the toilet :scust:
Phase 4 is looking flabby and sick :flabbynsick:
...and there's the controversy with them apparently inflating their own revenue :lupe:

Disney needs to pull it together and stop being greedy IMO.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
If they lose Spider-man, here's hoping they fast-track the X-men and F4. I think they'll come up with some kind of a deal with Spidey though. Disney lowkey really needs to do whatever it takes to keep Spider-man in the MCU if they want to keep the franchise going, especially now that the two heaviest hitters are both gone and they haven't given us the hype fan-favorite characters yet.

Star Wars is in the toilet :scust:
Phase 4 is looking flabby and sick :flabbynsick:
...and there's the controversy with them apparently inflating their own revenue :lupe:

Disney needs to pull it together and stop being greedy IMO.
They should do a 1 and done deal with that bytch nikka Avi Arad for 5% on Disney+ to tie up loose ends then move on with other characters and let Sony fukk it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.