Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jards

All Star
Daps
I saw someone else say that too. Bob Iger just basically expressed buyer's remorse for buying Fox, ain't no way they buying Sony too at least not in the near future.

People forget Disney took a 70 billion dollar hit and all the FOX movies have flopped.
Let’s have it right - Disney didn’t shell out 70 bil for Fox thinking Breakthrough, Stuber and Dark Phoenix were gonna do bits at the box office. They knew those films were gonna flop so when they decide to do whatever the fukk they wanna do with Fox they got an excuse to fall back on.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Another thing I’m seeing more today are the “mcu spider films were trash compared to the raimi films anyway” people, I guarantee 90% of these people are basing that opinion on nostalgia, because I’m sure their opinion would change if they watched the first 2 raimi films back to back today
Those were actually spiderman films not half about tony :sas1:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Just curious tho, what what yall thinking Spider-Man 3 was gonna look like plot wise given how it ended? the most obvious to me was him teaming up with Matt Murdoch since they woulda been free to use him, either that or blaming it on a case of mistaken identity due to the rise of the chameleon
No idea, that's what made it dope.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Let’s have it right - Disney didn’t shell out 70 bil for Fox thinking Breakthrough, Stuber and Dark Phoenix were gonna do bits at the box office. They knew those films were gonna flop so when they decide to do whatever the fukk they wanna do with Fox they got an excuse to fall back on.

True. They even admitted in the Variety article that Disney fired the marketing people who knew those movies the best.

My main point was people thinking they'll just buy Sony are bugging. They aren't Rupert Murdoch who was just trying to get rid of his entertainment portfolio so he can just focus on news and sports while raking in 70 billion.

Jards

All Star
Daps
Disney probably leaked this shyt with D23 coming up. Imagine the situation stays as and Feige announces Secret Wars or some shyt for phase 5....

But Spider-Man won’t be in it :beli:

Blowback from the fans would basically force Sony to have to make a deal.

Jards

All Star
Daps
Brought up some points I wasn’t aware of.

Spider Man the main theme park attraction currently under construction and he may not even be on the roster when it’s finished. :dead:

Disney’s really acting like they’re doing Sony a favor. :dead:

Anyone of us woulda told Disney to :camby: in this scenario.

Sony better not bytch up and take a raw deal. :snoop:
Spider-Man not being in the MCU doesn’t affect the theme park at all - she’s talking shyt. 5 year old Billy is fukking with that Spider-Man ride MCU or not with zero fukks given about Iger and Rothman’s dikk swinging contest :dame:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Just curious tho, what what yall thinking Spider-Man 3 was gonna look like plot wise given how it ended? the most obvious to me was him teaming up with Matt Murdoch since they woulda been free to use him, either that or blaming it on a case of mistaken identity due to the rise of the chameleon

A couple things I would have liked and somewhat expecting:

- Pete and May go into hiding and they start seeing "Spider-man" on TV hitting licks, furthering the narrative that JJJ is pushing about him being a menace and murderer.
- He eventually turns himself in, Matt Murdoch is introduced as a lawyer and investigator
- They figure out Chameleon (Demetri in FFH),is the one behind the heists and is working on behalf of the Russians to infiltrate S.H.I.E.L.D and take out the one remaining Avenger left which could tie into what's happening in Black Widow.
- Kraven is introduced as Demetri's brother, who wants to run the fade on his behalf and for the challenge of the hunt., game on.
- Osborn is introduced as the person who bought the Avengers tower.
- Peter's name is cleared but he steps away from trying to fill Ironman's shoes, is forced to grow up out of the naivete he showed in FFH.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
This validates my point that if spiderman goes back to Sony. It's fukked. Feige working for free and Rothman butchering it up like he did wolverine origins says it all. The pros about venom was probably all because of Kevin. They even had an actor that looked like him in homecoming.

LMAOOOKO look at the mental gymnastics marveL fakkits will do to make themselves feel better . Looooool

Might as well say Spiderverse and the PlayStation game was all feiges idea too then looool

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Somy is and has been in financial shambles outside of their console division for the better part of a decade.

Practically surviving pay check to pay check in their movie division and closing off almost all their other divisions.

They need PS5 to go well. It should, unless the real recession hits during its release and people dont got extra money to spend and they are satisfied with their PS4 til 2022+

But if PS5 doesnt sell near expectations id fully expect Sony to fold and liquidate / sell

HOLY SHIIIT you nikkas just talking out of your ass out of pure hurt loooooool

nikka said Sony gonna golf over PS5. Dawwwg lmaooooo

I promise you your life won’t end over marveL , let that hurt go

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
LMAOOOKO look at the mental gymnastics marveL fakkits will do to make themselves feel better . Looooool

Might as well say Spiderverse and the PlayStation game was all feiges idea too then looool
You're a DiC head. You're the gay green lantern and aqualad fan in here just trying to find a justified reason to hate on Marvel cause most of ya shyt flopped.

Get outcha feelings bruh
:ufdup:
I can shyt on you all day just like WB did.

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Aren't there FCC regulations that prevent mega-conglomerates like Disney now is from forming in the first place?

This is the Trump era of fascist beliefs becoming reality. Any other administration, Disney buying FOX would be illegal.

But MCU fans gonna end free will and free choice in movies as we gonna know it

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
That's the thing tho....As perfect as an alley oop as that was to introduce DD I'm positive thats not what would've happened. There are literally 2 superpowered attorneys in the Marvel Universe and they go out of their way to not incorporate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.