Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Disney ain't got gwap like that to buy Sony. Sony got too many branches.
Somy is and has been in financial shambles outside of their console division for the better part of a decade.

Practically surviving pay check to pay check in their movie division and closing off almost all their other divisions.

They need PS5 to go well. It should, unless the real recession hits during its release and people dont got extra money to spend and they are satisfied with their PS4 til 2022+

But if PS5 doesnt sell near expectations id fully expect Sony to fold and liquidate / sell

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Man, I don't know how to feel about this news.

If I'm understanding this correctly, Disney wanted a bigger share from these Spider-man movies, and I don't fault Sony for standing up to the mouse if that's the case.

I'm just wondering what's going on with the future of the MCU at this point.

Spider-man is probably out due to rights issues.
Captain America and Iron Man are done.
Thor's about to get replaced by Jane Foster.
Hulk went soft (and they can't make any solo movies with him anyway because of the rights).
Daredevil is in Netflix purgatory.
The really hype fan-favorite characters like Blade, Fantastic Four, and X-men won't be coming through for AT LEAST a few years.
We're not getting any more Black Panther or Guardians of the Galaxy until Phase 5 either.

Dr. Strange sounds alright, but that isn't enough to carry the narrative by itself, least of all when the whole Thanos/Infinity Gauntlet story's already wrapped up and done with.
This Phase 4 lineup is sounding kinda WACK right now... :patrice:

I won't be surprised if Marvel switches up their game plan a little bit at this point.

It's obvious if spidey is indeed gone they have to rewrite their current plans. Probably will fast track x-men/f4

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Say brehs can anyone confirm this:

Im watching Collider Live right now and Jay Washington just claimed that Tom Holland actually filmed a cameo for Venom and once Marvel saw a cut of the fllm they told Sony to get him out.They said John Schnepp knew bout this too before he passed and was told by his sources

:jbhmm:

You heard anything bout this? I will post the conversation once the stream is over

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Because the co-financing part directly correlates to the profit part. From what I understand with how people have explained it, Disney financing half of the movie will entitle them to FAAARRRR more profit share than they are getting with the 5%, and in their mind that is easily worth footing more of the bill. And that would also theoretically entitle them to more control and we all know how disney is when it comes to control, they eventually plan on having all of it. Sony can probably see that bullshyt a mile a way and told them take 10-15 or get out. Disney walked out on they ass.
The bolded is why I fail to see any fault with Sony here. You may not like what's happening, but this is business and the folks at Sony know how this game gonna go.

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Oh man. Both companies are going to lose out. However, when it comes down to it Marvel are ultimately to blame.
It was their idea to sell the movie rights to Sony and Fox in the first place.

Sony's first two Spiderman movies were great. Sony Spiderman 3 meh. Amazing Spiderman series... to say they were all over the place would be an understatement.
If Sony were to combine the best aspects of the Original and Amazing Spiderman movie, they would atually have a good 'Spiderman' movie.
Marvel sold the film rights to a lot of their characters in the 80s and 90s when they were struggling financially. No one could've predicted the superhero genre becoming a mainstream boom thing like it is now.

And the ASM films were ASS. SM 3 wasn't good either.

I know, I paid money to watch them. Venom wasn't good, either. Tom Hardy made it somewhat watchable, but it stunk.

Sam Raimi ain't walking through that door.

I never want to see Tobey Maguire near the Spider-Man franchise as long as I live. I fukking hated, hated watching him as Spider-Man. All I could see with him was bytch ass Peter Parker, not wise-cracking-to-throw-off-his-opponets-to-let-their-guard-down- and-formulate-a-plan Spider-Man.

I wanted Topher Grace, who ended up being miscast badly as Eddie Brock. You think Sony would do a good job with Miles as the main character? :russ:

The only valid criticism I can see is MCU Peter being Stark Jr. Which is funny, because Comic Book Peter is a Capt America stan, and no one bytches about that.

I have no faith in the FF film. X-Men, yes. FF, fukk no.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
Aren't there FCC regulations that prevent mega-conglomerates like Disney now is from forming in the first place?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Say brehs can anyone confirm this:

Im watching Collider Live right now and Jay Washington just claimed that Tom Holland actually filmed a cameo for Venom and once Marvel saw a cut of the fllm they told Sony to get him out.They said John Schnepp knew bout this too before he passed and was told by his sources

:jbhmm:

You heard anything bout this? I will post the conversation once the stream is over
While they were filming I remember Schnepp saying he heard from a source Holland was going to be in it. Never heard anything else after that.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Aren't there FCC regulations that prevent mega-conglomerates like Disney now is from forming in the first place?
There should be but they slacking. They shouldn't have let the Fox/Disney or At&t/Warner to go through. Bought and paid for basically.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m seeing a lot people with comments like “he wasn’t Spider-Man anyway, he was just iron man jr” like they hadn’t just finally got to the point where we gonna see some 100% Spider-Man only piff for the next decade :francis:

Them both fukking this up just as Spider-Man was about to come into his own against some classic villains reminded me of How The Punisher got thrown in the Bushes just as soon as he actually became the Punisher, only on a bigger scale since Frank Castle was nowhere near as integral to the universe as this Peter Parker was

Edit: I do think they will come to an agreement tho, Marvel hasn’t commented a thing, and this Spider-Man is way too deep into the MCU at this point to just let him go, Surely Disney/marvel wouldn’t be that dumb

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Marvel sold the film rights to a lot of their characters in the 80s and 90s when they were struggling financially. No one could've predicted the superhero genre becoming a mainstream boom thing like it is now.

And the ASM films were ASS. SM 3 wasn't good either.

I know, I paid money to watch them. Venom wasn't good, either. Tom Hardy made it somewhat watchable, but it stunk.

Sam Raimi ain't walking through that door.

I never want to see Tobey Maguire near the Spider-Man franchise as long as I live. I fukking hated, hated watching him as Spider-Man. All I could see with him was bytch ass Peter Parker, not wise-cracking-to-throw-off-his-opponets-to-let-their-guard-down- and-formulate-a-plan Spider-Man.

I wanted Topher Grace, who ended up being miscast badly as Eddie Brock. You think Sony would do a good job with Miles as the main character? :russ:

The only valid criticism I can see is MCU Peter being Stark Jr. Which is funny, because Comic Book Peter is a Capt America stan, and no one bytches about that.

I have no faith in the FF film. X-Men, yes. FF, fukk no.
u9unwx6pavp01.png

Status
Not open for further replies.