Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Because the co-financing part directly correlates to the profit part. From what I understand with how people have explained it, Disney financing half of the movie will entitle them to FAAARRRR more profit share than they are getting with the 5%, and in their mind that is easily worth footing more of the bill. And that would also theoretically entitle them to more control and we all know how disney is when it comes to control, they eventually plan on having all of it. Sony can probably see that bullshyt a mile a way and told them take 10-15 or get out. Disney walked out on they ass.

I say the best compromise is give them 15-20% and cede more leeway to Feige as far as characters and integration goes. Have him help the shyt make sense for the fans sake.

Even if they make this deal, not even on some "marvel stan" shyt, I didn't want a spider-man less spider-verse. You make it so the MCU films can actually do some light weight integration in the same vein as how the netflix shows were supposed to work and Spider-Man 616 (:lolbron:) is being the lone Avenger for the time being has a big enough sandbox to have Osborn, Venom, Kraven and Morbius to actually integrate and make sense while still being Sony properties.

Like with Blade, I'd be willing to be Disney asking for more leeway with characters would included using someone like Morbius, how the fukk we "partners" and all of a sudden making competing vampire movies? fukk THAT, a partnership is a partnership. fukk them for being greedy on the money side but when it comes to ensuring Sony doesn't devalue characters that could rock really well in official spider-man outings without breaking continuity, I don't blame Feige/Marvel to try and make sure everything isn't so disjointed and confusing for the fans.

I been going on in on Amy Pascal and it's starting to look like she was the one trying to hold all this shyt together to make amends for those email leaks. Now we have the fukking idiot who destroyed Fantastic 4 and X-men stepping and ruining some more shyt.

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
I’m seeing a lot people with comments like “he wasn’t Spider-Man anyway, he was just iron man jr” like they hadn’t just finally got to the point where we gonna see some 100% Spider-Man only piff for the next decade :francis:

Them both fukking this up just as Spider-Man was about to come into his own against some classic villains reminded me of How The Punisher got thrown in the Bushes just as soon as he actually became the Punisher, only on a bigger scale since Frank Castle was nowhere near as integral to the universe as this Peter Parker was

Edit: I do think they will come to an agreement tho, Marvel hasn’t commented a thing, and this Spider-Man is way too deep into the MCU at this point to just let him go, Surely Disney/marvel wouldn’t be that dumb

Those cats are whack. Sony is the one who forced the Iron Man Jr stuff because they wanted to ride off of the MCU's biggest name. I guess it does open Sony up to not doing that anymore but just to be clear it was not Disney that inforced that. Plus it helped people better understand that this Spidey was in the MCU.

Far From Home was setting us up for a GOAT level Spidey, I was pretty confident that we were gonna see his journey into become his own man. But yeah, looks like that shyt ain't happening lol.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
You not gonna watch Into the Spiderverse 2? :huh:

Spiderverse has spiderman in it though...and it's animated, why do people keep bringing that shyt up? It doesn't even count toward them keeping the rights to the characters. They have to make LIVE ACTION Spider-man movies to keep the film rights even if it means putting out trash.

Same dude who put out an obligatory Fantastic 4 movie is about to take this shyt and run it right into the ground.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:sadcam: c'mon Disney come back to the table hammer out these 3 movies and THEN renegotiate, shyt give them HALF the merchandising rights if you got to...:mindblown: they gonna reboot this shyt and you'll never get back spiderman at this rate...

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Those cats are whack. Sony is the one who forced the Iron Man Jr stuff because they wanted to ride off of the MCU's biggest name. I guess it does open Sony up to not doing that anymore but just to be clear it was not Disney that inforced that. Plus it helped people better understand that this Spidey was in the MCU.

Far From Home was setting us up for a GOAT level Spidey, I was pretty confident that we were gonna see his journey into become his own man. But yeah, looks like that shyt ain't happening lol.
Back to square one with the Sinister Six build-up. :francis:

But hey, at least now we'll get an Uncle Ben mention :troll:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another thing I’m seeing more today are the “mcu spider films were trash compared to the raimi films anyway” people, I guarantee 90% of these people are basing that opinion on nostalgia, because I’m sure their opinion would change if they watched the first 2 raimi films back to back today

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Another thing I’m seeing more today are the “mcu spider films were trash compared to the raimi films anyway” people, I guarantee 90% of these people are basing that opinion on nostalgia, because I’m sure their opinion would change if they watched the first 2 raimi films back to back today
Challenge.......accepted.....

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
VENOM (2018)
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $213,515,506 24.9%
+ Foreign: $642,569,645 75.1%
= Worldwide: $856,085,151

Sony took a Venom movie to damn near a Billi and you guys are wondering why they feel they can survive this? Nobody....not even the Biggest Box Office Analyst thought that would be possible for a Non-Spidey Venom solo film. Matter a fact a lot of people thought "Venom" was gonna flop. Those numbers are HUGE because there was no Spiderman in the movie. Now imagine "Spiderman Vs Venom" that's a lock for huge numbers. Yes some people didn't like the movie but that has no relevance on the Box Office Success it had. "Venom" outgrossed every Phase 1 Marvel movie but "Avengers" globally.

THIS !!!!

Dumbass marveL stans swear blockbusters began with marveL

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Lot of vitriol from some in here. Quite peculiar considering the sources :jbhmm:

Y’all doing a lot of typing and pearl clutching knowing good and well they gonna come to a deal they are just negotiating in public this shyt happens all the time behind closed doors.
And then the same people giving Sony props will be all :pacspit: for them coming to a deal to keep him in the MCU. :pachaha:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Same dude who put out an obligatory Fantastic 4 movie is about to take this shyt and run it right into the ground.
Same dude also put out Spider-Verse.

If Sony says fukk Marvel, gives the reins to Lord and Miller, brings the cast over, Holland is still under contract for 1-2 movies, people wouldn't go see that?:unimpressed:

Boolean

APIDTA
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY ENTERTAINMENT
Spiderverse has spiderman in it though...and it's animated, why do people keep bringing that shyt up? It doesn't even count toward them keeping the rights to the characters. They have to make LIVE ACTION Spider-man movies to keep the film rights even if it means putting out trash.

Who said it had to be “LIVE ACTION” movies to retain the rights though? To my knowledge as long as Sony produces a “Spider-Man” movie every 5 year everythings straight :ld:

my favorite adaptations of Spider-Man have come from Sony so fukk muthafukk Disney :umad:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just curious tho, what what yall thinking Spider-Man 3 was gonna look like plot wise given how it ended? the most obvious to me was him teaming up with Matt Murdoch since they woulda been free to use him, either that or blaming it on a case of mistaken identity due to the rise of the chameleon

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Who said it had to be “LIVE ACTION” movies to retain the rights though? To my knowledge as long as Sony produces a “Spider-Man” movie every 5 year everythings straight :ld:

my favorite adaptations of Spider-Man have come from Sony so fukk muthafukk Disney :umad:

The contract they signed when they bought Spider-man says it.

Into the Spider-Verse nor the MCU films count toward retention of the rights to Spider-man for Sony. It's why they started rolling out the trash ass "Venom verse".

They have no rights to the merchandising or TV stuff, all they have is the live action films and if they let too much time go by without cranking out a movie of their own, the rights go back to marvel where they actually should be.

Their last 3 live action Spider-Man movies include one Decent film and two that were trash enough to put the character on ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.