Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they are 1 big flop from dead man
So why would it make sense for them to go from giving up 5% of Spider-Man profits and all merchandising to a 50/50 split for Spider-Man and all the characters in the universe and all merchandising profits?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
So why would it make sense for them to go from giving up 5% of Spider-Man profits and all merchandising to a 50/50 split for Spider-Man and all the characters in the universe and all merchandising profits?
Sony hasnt made a lot of sense over the past 15 years, thats why they are failing :dahell:

for the information we have currently, they didnt even make a counter offer to Disney they just flat walked away :dahell:

what kind of sense does that make :dahell:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
At least im not the grown ass hoe crying like a bytch cause Spider man cant cry over a dead man anymore..

go choke on a dikk till you turn purple,
waste of energy
:picard: You DiC heads and your fakkit imaginations have no limits just like your comics.

Edit: I slang my webjuice in your mother's eyeballs fakkit.

Last edited:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Sony hasnt made a lot of sense over the past 15 years, thats why they are failing :dahell:

for the information we have currently, they didnt even make a counter offer to Disney they just flat walked away :dahell:

what kind of sense does that make :dahell:
Probably cause their heads got big over the faux success of venom. They could be making a shytload more money even taking 30% from Marvel by just sitting back and letting Feige take control but they're jealous over the success of the MCU and want more even at the account of diminishing Kevin's credibility.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
man you are fukking flat out inbred retarded

can literally show your remedial ass a CHART of them FAILING and you'd be too fukking stupid to understand it

instead you result to calling people Marvel stans even with financial reports presented infront of you like the fakkit poster you are

wanna get disrespectful your mom a hoe your daddy a fakkit and they raised a retarded kid so they failed as parents hows that for disrespectful
Ignore feature coming through in the clutch like Jordan for me yet again :whew:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
VENOM (2018)
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $213,515,506 24.9%
+ Foreign: $642,569,645 75.1%
= Worldwide: $856,085,151

Sony took a Venom movie to damn near a Billi and you guys are wondering why they feel they can survive this? Nobody....not even the Biggest Box Office Analyst thought that would be possible for a Non-Spidey Venom solo film. Matter a fact a lot of people thought "Venom" was gonna flop. Those numbers are HUGE because there was no Spiderman in the movie. Now imagine "Spiderman Vs Venom" that's a lock for huge numbers. Yes some people didn't like the movie but that has no relevance on the Box Office Success it had. "Venom" outgrossed every Phase 1 Marvel movie but "Avengers" globally.

yeah you sound like big wigs ready and dumb enough to kill superman with random hulk mutant level villains.
, break batman's back with an uninteresting roid monster at Best. Then have Bruce and supes fight and stop fighting over the most nonsensical bullshyt ever.

you dudes really need to learn the pulse of what these properties are. Plus why they do not really blow up. Then need a reboot past admin issues.

art barr

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Disney had been seeking a co-financing arrangement on upcoming movies, looking for at least a 30 percent stake. Sony, which counts Spider-Man as one of its only reliable moneymaking franchises, said no. Before both sides walked away, talks had gone to the top level, with Rothman and CEO Tony Vinciquerra on Sony’s side and Disney Studios' co-chairmen Alan Horn and Alan Bergman involved. In the next month and a half, Far From Home would go on to catch $1.109 billion in the box office web, becoming Sony’s biggest movie of all time. The figure reinforced both sides’ thinking. Sony executives believed they didn’t need Disney anymore, and Disney was in no way leaving money, and Peter Parker, behind, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

At a retreat, Rothman, who took over from Pascal when the latter was fired amid the Sony email hack, was convinced by two executives to see superhero films as not a fad but as genres within a larger genre, sources say. The result was Venom, a critically scorned movie that nevertheless grossed $856 million. A sequel is now in the works. Also in post-production is Morbiuswith Jared Leto.

And then there was Phil Lord and Chris Miller's Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, the animated movie that became one of 2018’s critical darlings and won the best animated movie Oscar. The feeling from Sony was that they bounced back to a place where they could strike on their own. “Tom is thinking ‘Okay, we’ve learned everything we need to from Kevin’s playbook. We did Venom on our own and we did Spider-Verse,'” comments a Sony insider.

some interesting bits

'Spider-Man' Standoff: Why Sony Thinks It Doesn't Need "Kevin's Playbook" Anymore

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
yeah you sound like big wigs ready and dumb enough to kill superman with random hulk mutant level villains.
, break batman's back with an uninteresting roid monster at Best. Then have Bruce and supes fight and stop fighting over the most nonsensical bullshyt ever.

you dudes really need to learn the pulse of what these properties are. Plus why they do not really blow up. Then need a reboot past admin issues.

art barr

Look, I have no dog in the fight, I personally think Spidey has been rebooted to many times already. But people acting like Disney ain't some huge corporation as well is laughable. My point is simple, Sony made dough before Disney and they can make it after. That's why I posted those numbers. People are acting like Spidey only started making money when he joined the MCU and that's just false on every level. "Venom" proved they could do a successful Spidey spin off without Spidey even being in it. Also Sony as a corporation decided it wasn't good business for them. Just like Disney decided it wouldn't be good business for them to stay.

I agree that "BatsVSupes" was a little fan service but most of these comic films are. Also yes it could of been better. They may have rushed it to get those box office dollars and to compete with Marvel. With that said the fans did want that film since I was a kid in the 80's. Fans do want a "Spidey V Venom" film since forever. Doesn't mean it would be good. I'm not talking quality persay. I'm just talking the movie getting made. "Spidey 3" doesn't even count as Venom wasn't even really a focal point and they shoved Sandman and Green Goblin in it again. He also came late in the movie. The bottom line I honestly think Yes a lot of fans have enjoyed Spidey in the MCU but if it's really over, Spidey will survive just fine. He's too popular. The MCU version is the 2nd Reboot this decade already. Lastly Disney isn't God despite all those crazy Box Office Dollars this year. Sony can do want they want with their biggest Box Office IP.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Feige was asked about what was next for the Netflix characters and if he could say anything about them and he replied that if he started talking about what he had in mind for one of the characters it would spoil something.

He ain't talking about Danny, Jessica or Luke. The issue is how pissed people will be if they don't let Charlie Cox reprise the role.
I could see a Luke Cage iteration getting play in the MCU and Iron Fist could easily appear in Shang Chi and I honestly feel that might be their hardest movie to pull off since Guardians.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I could see a Luke Cage iteration getting play in the MCU and Iron Fist could easily appear in Shang Chi and I honestly feel that might be their hardest movie to pull off since Guardians.

Luke Cage maybe...but right now, I don't see where he would fit into the movie/Disney + side of things. Shang Chi is more of an apology for Iron Fist though the 2nd season was cool to me so I don't see that happening either. The only character from the Netflix shows that would actually have a purpose would be Dare Devil and he's also the one who had the best reception.

With what they're doing with Hulu and the ABC shows I would love for them to continue Luke Cage into season 3, Iron Fist can have cameos but fukk his show, Jessica Jones is done and the Punisher could fit into Adventures into fear line up.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Look, I have no dog in the fight, I personally think Spidey has been rebooted to many times already. But people acting like Disney ain't some huge corporation as well is laughable. My point is simple, Sony made dough before Disney and they can make it after. That's why I posted those numbers. People are acting like Spidey only started making money when he joined the MCU and that's just false on every level. "Venom" proved they could do a successful Spidey spin off without Spidey even being in it. Also Sony as a corporation decided it wasn't good business for them. Just like Disney decided it wouldn't be good business for them to stay.

I agree that "BatsVSupes" was a little fan service but most of these comic films are. Also yes it could of been better. They may have rushed it to get those box office dollars and to compete with Marvel. With that said the fans did want that film since I was a kid in the 80's. Fans do want a "Spidey V Venom" film since forever. Doesn't mean it would be good. I'm not talking quality persay. I'm just talking the movie getting made. "Spidey 3" doesn't even count as Venom wasn't even really a focal point and they shoved Sandman and Green Goblin in it again. He also came late in the movie. The bottom line I honestly think Yes a lot of fans have enjoyed Spidey in the MCU but if it's really over, Spidey will survive just fine. He's too popular. The MCU version is the 2nd Reboot this decade already. Lastly Disney isn't God despite all those crazy Box Office Dollars this year. Sony can do want they want with their biggest Box Office IP.

at the end of the day.
Sony is at risk of Joel schumacher'n Spidey as a viable property. Where there is no dark knight style spiderman that can bring Spider-Man back to a draw in film.
unless the legacy people at marvel are involved.

that is what you and the people at sony are not seeing.
they think spider man as a film property can't be made into et the video game but it can.

art barr

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.

I'm sure TASM 2 made money and also put the character on ice, it ain't just about the money. Venom was ass, albeit entertaining due to the fact that he at least looked like Venom from the comics and had some key aspects down..but it was a shyt movie, making more movies of that quality, whether they pop or not is going to degrade the property. And the man in charge is the same guy did helped do exactly that to Fantastic 4 and X-men.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Probably cause their heads got big over the faux success of venom. They could be making a shytload more money even taking 30% from Marvel by just sitting back and letting Feige take control but they're jealous over the success of the MCU and want more even at the account of diminishing Kevin's credibility.

Avi Arad, the person who fukked up Venom (and the Ben Afflec Dare Devil) in the first place is the at the head of the Venom-Verse. When he worked for Marvel his ideas were the complete opposite of what Feige had in mind to do with Marvel movies with the cross overs and world building. He left to work for Sony with his shyt ideas and Kevin Feige constructed the MCU...seeing how shyt has played out with their philosophies on the matter you can see why some of this shyt seems personal.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I agree that "BatsVSupes" was a little fan service but most of these comic films are. Also yes it could of been better. They may have rushed it to get those box office dollars and to compete with Marvel. With that said the fans did want that film since I was a kid in the 80's. Fans do want a "Spidey V Venom" film since forever. Doesn't mean it would be good. I'm not talking quality persay.
I'm just talking the movie getting made. "Spidey 3" doesn't even count as Venom wasn't even really a focal point and they shoved Sandman and Green Goblin in it again. He also came late in the movie. The bottom line I honestly think Yes a lot of fans have enjoyed Spidey in the MCU but if it's really over, Spidey will survive just fine. He's too popular. The MCU version is the 2nd Reboot this decade already. Lastly Disney isn't God despite all those crazy Box Office Dollars this year. Sony can do want they want with their biggest Box Office IP.

The problem with your logic is you're listing movies from 10-15 years ago as proof that Spider-Man is fine without Marvel's involvement.

"ASM" 1&2 did not perform how Sony wanted. Which is what led to Marvel's involvement in the first place. Again....Aunt May movie.
So the last movie prior to "Venom", that Sony was happy with, without Marvel....was "Spider-Man 3"....which came out 12 years ago. :unimpressed:

All this, coupled with the fact that Sony's movie division has been on the brink of collapse for a decade, if not longer....yeah. I don't see how anyone in their right minds can think this is good for Spider-Man.

Fred.

Status
Not open for further replies.