Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
they did have a clause
they didnt meet the success goal
They did meet the success goal of 1 billion on far from home. The contract was then renegotiated and that's where Feige got fukked over so he left. I'm not even saying this as a marvel fan but the deal was for Spiderman to make a billion after 5 appearances in which marvel would now have a bigger stake to move on with. Sony got greedy and shook hands with Kevin then proceeded to send a faux apology without showing the initial contract.

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
So how does the MCU kill him off?...breh has too much strings attached to him to just dust him.....and thats kinda Marvels fault for inserting him so deep into the universe so quickly:ld::yeshrug:......

its still fukk sony and ALL future Spidey flicks(not that i fukked with Venom anyway) from here on out tho

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
So how does the MCU kill him off?...breh has too much strings attached to him to just dust him.....and thats kinda Marvels fault for inserting him so deep into the universe so quickly:ld::yeshrug:......

its still fukk sony and ALL future Spidey flicks(not that i fukked with Venom anyway) from here on out tho
I was more interested in Norman Osbourne, the dark avengers and so on. I wish Marvel just had rights to Myles Morales for the future but they'll probably just move on with the fantastic 4 and the X-Men then buy Sony out in 10 years and bring in an older spiderman.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, I don't know how to feel about this news.

If I'm understanding this correctly, Disney wanted a bigger share from these Spider-man movies, and I don't fault Sony for standing up to the mouse if that's the case.

I'm just wondering what's going on with the future of the MCU at this point.

Spider-man is probably out due to rights issues.
Captain America and Iron Man are done.
Thor's about to get replaced by Jane Foster.
Hulk went soft (and they can't make any solo movies with him anyway because of the rights).
Daredevil is in Netflix purgatory.
The really hype fan-favorite characters like Blade, Fantastic Four, and X-men won't be coming through for AT LEAST a few years.
We're not getting any more Black Panther or Guardians of the Galaxy until Phase 5 either.

Dr. Strange sounds alright, but that isn't enough to carry the narrative by itself, least of all when the whole Thanos/Infinity Gauntlet story's already wrapped up and done with.
This Phase 4 lineup is sounding kinda WACK right now... :patrice:

I won't be surprised if Marvel switches up their game plan a little bit at this point.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
why are everyone leaving out the co-finance part. Sony basically got a free ride with these 2 movies, they paid and marketed it but Marvel Studios did the rest. Y'all forget Disney are not doing 3 MCU movies themselves when a spidey movie comes out to accommodate them for not much compared to if they did 3 marvel movies
Because the co-financing part directly correlates to the profit part. From what I understand with how people have explained it, Disney financing half of the movie will entitle them to FAAARRRR more profit share than they are getting with the 5%, and in their mind that is easily worth footing more of the bill. And that would also theoretically entitle them to more control and we all know how disney is when it comes to control, they eventually plan on having all of it. Sony can probably see that bullshyt a mile a way and told them take 10-15 or get out. Disney walked out on they ass.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
They didn’t have a choice
Right...Marvel was fukkED fukked in the 90s. Comics were ass and people were shytting all over their flagshyt series in spidey and that controversial clone saga. And movies weren't even a thought for comic series in general thanks to batman. People not playing when they say Blade saved marvel.

Status
Not open for further replies.