Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Disney got Trump supporters on pay roll, I don't think you Disney stans out here want to get into all that :mjgrin:

The dummies keep ignoring my posts bout that too

they ready to die on a hill for the racist ass company because they fell in love with a one liner walking backwood ... pitiful

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
That’s an interesting perspective. I know Disney success kinda fukked up numbers now. But going forward to you what defines moving the needle?

Like are we at a point now where if none of the future films make a billion y’all gonna start calling them flops? Even if they make in the $650-$850+ range?

shyt just feels like it’s about to get petty and weird

I'd never know how much a movie made if someone hasn't argued them here. :heh:

Anyway, I'm mostly talking about driving interest. Strange, Ant-Man, and Captain Marvel came with incentives. They had massive (even if just perceived) implications on the overarching IW/Endgame plot.

Thor needed another fan favorite and had to jack GotG humor to be acceptable. Ragnarok was also the 2nd-to-last movie before Infinity War. Hype was already rolling by then.

The rest of that list are/were sidekicks.

Thanos gone. The jury still out. :manny:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
35420e983fdd4ab2fee4719930efee65.png

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
So the discussion in here is spinning many different directions now.:russ:

What is the low key agenda in here, is this the platform for another stan war now? A SECRET WAR? :troll:
No, it seems people want to rag on random Twitter posts here on the coli. They don't want it with anyone here or on Twitter. :mjlol:

parallax

Superstar
Daps

Anyway, I'm mostly talking about driving interest. Strange, Ant-Man, and Captain Marvel came with incentives. They had massive (even if just perceived) implications on the overarching IW/Endgame plot.

Thor needed another fan favorite and had to jack GotG humor to be acceptable. Ragnarok was also the 2nd-to-last movie before Infinity War. Hype was already rolling by then.

i must have missed the ant man connection. was that in ant man and the wasp?

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Fair enough.... but I think at this point a lot of these franchises got a decent amount of moment and there is going to be a buzz regardless.

Not everyone of the 23 movies had an Infinity Stone, Thanos was only in like 4, and a decade ago everyone these characters were B, C, and D characters that got leveled up.

People are more open to new shyt and will be open to seeing new adventures of these characters and whomever else comes down the pipeline

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
No, it seems people want to rag on random Twitter posts here on the coli. They don't want it with anyone here or on Twitter. :mjlol:

People are doing the same thing they would complain about other people doing if this was flip toward another company :lolbron:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
So it doesn't look like this debacle is on SONY...

Based on the billion dollar success of the latest Spider Man film, Disney/Marvel got greedy and tried to reneg the deal demanding 50/50 which I agree with SONY is bullshyt...

The original deal was pretty straight forward and fair IMO...

SONY finances all solo Spider Man films and keep the profits...

Disney/Marvel keep all the profits for MCU films they finance with Spider Man in them...

taker597

Superstar
Daps
So, SPIDER-MAN can longer be in MCU movies?
Pretty sure the orginial deal for Spider-Man was 5 MCU films.

Civil War
Homecoming
Infinity War
EndGame
Far from Home

Their deal just ran out of films and Disney wants to play hard ball. Disney will cave. This is the best Spider-Man has ever been and it would be foolish if a deal doesn't get done before the 1st half of phase 4 is done.

This will go for about a year.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
So it doesn't look like this debacle is on SONY...

Based on the billion dollar success of the latest Spider Man film, Disney/Marvel got greedy and tried to reneg the deal demanding 50/50 which I agree with SONY is bullshyt...

The original deal was pretty straight forward and fair IMO...

SONY finances all solo Spider Man films and keep the profits...

Disney/Marvel keep all the profits for MCU films they finance with Spider Man in them...
They haven't reneged on the deal. They deal expired. Now with a bunch of future SpiderMan movies on the horizon, both sides have to decide to either keep the same terms (even though neither are in the same position they were in back in 2015), alter the terms of their partnership, or walk away and let things go back to what they were before.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
I can't wait to see Uncle Ben die in another movie reboot :mjgrin:

Who's Uncle Ben?Don't you know SpiderMan was raised by Tony Stark:martin:?

fukk Disney,glad Sony got on the horn and told them to eat a fat dikk:psuit:.
They've been doing all they could to sabatogue the character of Spiderman,Disney must not realize that Venom is a hit.
Disney must not realize "Into The Spiderverse" by Sony was a masterpiece and better than either of 2 Spiderman movies Disney helped put together.
If things get to sketchy they'll just dump this rendition and give the fans Miles Morales,bringing in a whole new flood of black viewers.
This is just the beginning for Sony and its Spiderman Universe,Disney had its chance and fukked it up.
The whole world knows Spidermans identity:what:?eat a big fat dikk Disney.
I'll be in the audience for the next Marvel film though:pachaha:

Status
Not open for further replies.