Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait. Does this mean SPIDERMAN can't be in the MCU movies anymore? Because if true, Disney will have some problems.

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
RDJ bodied that roll and IronMan 1 is great superhero movie that stands on its own.

Outside of BP and GoG, I'm yet to be convinced any of those movies/characters move the needle without the Infinity Gem stimulus package.

Ant-man does well.
Thor they finally got right in the 3rd film and included including Hulk.
Don't know how well Strange did at the box office.

Bucky, Falcon, and Witch aren't headliners yet.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
didnt they want to do an aunt may movie too?

Wow, that’s crazy! I never heard of that before?

RDJ bodied that roll and IronMan 1 is great superhero movie that stands on its own.

Outside of BP and GoG, I'm yet to be convinced any of those movies/characters move the needle without the Infinity Gem stimulus package.

That’s an interesting perspective. I know Disney success kinda fukked up numbers now. But going forward to you what defines moving the needle?

Like are we at a point now where if none of the future films make a billion y’all gonna start calling them flops? Even if they make in the $650-$850+ range?

shyt just feels like it’s about to get petty and weird

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
Wait. Does this mean SPIDERMAN can't be in the MCU movies anymore? Because if true, Disney will have some problems.

What problems?

Disney doesn't need Spider-Man. They have Fiege.

Sony leveraged 5% to Disney to get that MCU stimulus package and it worked.

Disney doing most of the work and Sony reaped most of the benefits.

Good eating for Sony off that deal. :eat:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What problems?

Disney doesn't need Spider-Man. They have Fiege.

Sony leveraged 5% to Disney to get that MCU stimulus package and it worked.

Disney doing most of the work and Sony reaped most of the benefits.

Good eating for Sony off that deal. :eat:

So, SPIDER-MAN can longer be in MCU movies?

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Major L for both sides...

To be honest though, I wasn't feeling MCU Holland Spider Man...

Best part about those films was the MCU integration...:yeshrug:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually, I kind of understand why Sony did this. I think they're about to hand over creative control of SPIDER-MAN to LORD & MILLER. They technically have, as Lord & Miller are building a SPIDER-MAN universe in TV, since they have a TV deal with Sony.

I can see Sony making LORD & MILLER the gatekeepers of SPIDER-MAN in the feature world too.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I saw someone else say that too. Bob Iger just basically expressed buyer's remorse for buying Fox, ain't no way they buying Sony too at least not in the near future.

People forget Disney took a 70 billion dollar hit and all the FOX movies have flopped.
Disney owning another major studio would be devastating for the industry

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Y'all bugging' they gonna work something out. They have to. Sony Pictures wasn't doing so hot before Kaz the former CEO went over to Feige and asked them to pimp their Spider-Man.

I suspect they reword the deal because there is too much money on the table. MCU basically ally-hooped them their first $1 billion. They just had to let Disney flip it for them.

But honestlyw the recent resurgence of Spider-Man as a property (Spider-Verse, Spider-Man PS4, Tom Holland Spidey) they could easily bring back Andrew Garfield or whatever and do that Spider-Man vs Venom film that was scrapped. That would easily make more than Far From Home. Venom alone made $900+ million.

shyt a live action Spider-Verse would probably make $1.3 billion.
No it won't. It will be all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.