Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Disney needs to chill

They literally made Spider-Man the new Tony, and ended on a cliffhanger. They need this dude now.

I mean..... just cuz he had an iron suit...... I don’t really see it. He still a broke kid.

But then I think about the comics and how he starts his own company, becomes a billionaire, has tech, has even fukking bots.

The way I see it is they finally making him be the Spider-Man he was always meant to be:usure:

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
Y'all bugging' they gonna work something out. They have to. Sony Pictures wasn't doing so hot before Kaz the former CEO went over to Feige and asked them to pimp their Spider-Man.

I suspect they reword the deal because there is too much money on the table. MCU basically ally-hooped them their first $1 billion. They just had to let Disney flip it for them.

But honestlyw the recent resurgence of Spider-Man as a property (Spider-Verse, Spider-Man PS4, Tom Holland Spidey) they could easily bring back Andrew Garfield or whatever and do that Spider-Man vs Venom film that was scrapped. That would easily make more than Far From Home. Venom alone made $900+ million.

shyt a live action Spider-Verse would probably make $1.3 billion.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
Sony should pull out just for fukkery's sake.

Leave Disney with a :flabbynsick: cast of superheroes until X-Men.

Even then... Jackman, Stewart, McKellen, Fassbender ain't walkin through that door. Who knows how fans will accept the new ensemble.

And by the time that happens Disney gonna have a bunch midlife-crisis actors for superheroes. :heh:

Hulk damn near grandpa status right now. :mjlol:

Black Panther
Thor
Scarlett Witch
Falcon
Guardians of the Galaxy
Captain Marvel
Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Bucky
are :flabbynsick:?

Y’all fail to remember that Iron Man was nothing to mainstream audiences before his MCU appearance, now people are in theaters across the world shedding tears for him. They’ve shown us they can build solid connections between the audience and lesser known heroes.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I saw some nerd on Facebook calling for disney to buy sony :snoop:

I saw someone else say that too. Bob Iger just basically expressed buyer's remorse for buying Fox, ain't no way they buying Sony too at least not in the near future.

People forget Disney took a 70 billion dollar hit and all the FOX movies have flopped.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
These are the same idiots that wanted to do a black cat and silver sable movie. They need to keep as far away from spiderman universe as possible. The only thing that kept venom watchable was Tom Hardy.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Sony should pull out just for fukkery's sake.

Leave Disney with a :flabbynsick: cast of superheroes until X-Men.

Even then... Jackman, Stewart, McKellen, Fassbender ain't walkin through that door. Who knows how fans will accept the new ensemble.

And by the time that happens Disney gonna have a bunch midlife-crisis actors for superheroes. :heh:

Hulk damn near grandpa status right now. :mjlol:

Marvel made a talking racc00n and a tree pull more than Superman.They good on making characters work Bruh. :pachaha:

Last edited:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
didnt they want to do an aunt may movie too?
That was just a rumor apparently

What Sony Has To Say About That Spider-Man / Aunt May Movie

Back in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, she was accused of being a "laundry sheriff." Then came rumors that Peter Parker’s Aunt May (played by Sally Field in these new movies) might be getting her own solo standalone movie – a prequel that would explore May’s past while also helping Sony retain the rights to the Spider-Man characters and franchise. The Internet, um, lit up in response to that speculation. But the studio’s tossing cold water on that raging Web fore before it goes too far.

When reached for comment on the possible Aunt May movie, a source at Sony told Comic Book Resources that the story is a "silly rumor" that has "no validity whatsoever." Could that be more smoke and mirrors? Is it possible that Latino-Review, which first reported the story, got it wrong? Or is an Aunt Man movie only one of many possibilities in play at the studio as they try to pick up the pieces after The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and choose a direction for this superhero franchise?

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Black Panther
Thor
Scarlett Witch
Falcon
Guardians of the Galaxy
Captain Marvel
Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Bucky
are :flabbynsick:?

Y’all fail to remember that Iron Man was nothing to mainstream audiences before his MCU appearance, now people are in theaters across the world shedding tears for him. They’ve shown us they can build solid connections between the audience and lesser known heroes.

RDJ bodied that roll and IronMan 1 is great superhero movie that stands on its own.

Outside of BP and GoG, I'm yet to be convinced any of those movies/characters move the needle without the Infinity Gem stimulus package.

parallax

Superstar
Daps

i bet they heard of the comic trouble and thought it could work, then read the thing and tried to bury it

RDJ bodied that roll and IronMan 1 is great superhero movie that stands on its own.

Outside of BP and GoG, I'm yet to be convinced any of those movies/characters move the needle without the Infinity Gem stimulus package.

cap marvel is the most benefitting from the IGSP, the others could definetely be better played to their strengths

Status
Not open for further replies.