Deadline: Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The after credits scene from FFH is interesting for both Studios.
  • Gives MCU an easy out. They could have a character ask Happy, "Where's Tony Stark Jr.?" And he can say he had to go into hiding. And then they can never mention him again.
  • Sony can also use the "go into hiding" device to and change location and a bi-product of that is they can get an entirely new supporting cast. I don't have a lot of faith in them doing a Spiderman movie but they have the opportunity to.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
They haven't reneged on the deal. They deal expired. Now with a bunch of future SpiderMan movies on the horizon, both sides have to decide to either keep the same terms (even though neither are in the same position they were in back in 2015), alter the terms of their partnership, or walk away and let things go back to what they were before.

#marvelset and casual MCU fans blessed Sony with a billion dollar flick and now they wanna act like they can do it alone. Venom was trash by the way.

It it wasnt for Marvel, there would be no more spiderman right now.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I do think that Disney got a little greedy. At least a 70/30 split. At the same time, I can agree with Disney, because while Sony is financing, Disney is the one doing all the physical work. Sony is also thinking that Venom was a hit, and so was Spider-Verse. Granted, it didn't make Pixar type money, but it was a critical hit. I can't find anyone who has said a bad thing about it. Plus, Sony just purchased Insomniac, which put out one of the top games of the year, which also had one of the best Spider-Man stories ever. So Sony is feeling themselves right now.

It's also not like Marvel needs Spider-Man. Especially now that they got the Fantastic Four and X-Men back. But, Spider-Man is the Marvel mascot. Which is why I think that a deal will eventually be made.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Actually, I kind of understand why Sony did this. I think they're about to hand over creative control of SPIDER-MAN to LORD & MILLER. They technically have, as Lord & Miller are building a SPIDER-MAN universe in TV, since they have a TV deal with Sony.

I can see Sony making LORD & MILLER the gatekeepers of SPIDER-MAN in the feature world too.
Man I hope this is case because they have a great handle on Spidey

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
They haven't reneged on the deal. They deal expired. Now with a bunch of future SpiderMan movies on the horizon, both sides have to decide to either keep the same terms (even though neither are in the same position they were in back in 2015), alter the terms of their partnership, or walk away and let things go back to what they were before.
What Disney is asking for though is completely unreasonable...

Disney demanding 50/50 from solo Spidey films is asinine and downright greedy...

Disney has released what? 4 movies in the last 5 months and how many billions did they make?

Did SONY complain about not seeing any money from End Game which heavily featured Spidey?

SONY drops one blockbuster and these Disney clowns want 50/50 of that from now ? How is that reasonable?

Everyone is getting paid and everyone is happy, except Disney who wants more...smh...and SONY has nothing to lose here, Spidey is a cash machine, doesn't matter what studio is producing the films...They released a Spider-Man game exclusive to their console with zero fukks given and made stupid money off of it...Its the fans that Disney is completely fukking over with their greed...

Last edited:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
This reminds me of when RDJ and Marvel were at a stand still for contract negotiations back in 2013. It'll work out.

A small part of me has to admire Sony for telling Disney to go kick rocks and they don't own everything yet though. :ufdup:

Last edited:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is bad for both sides but sony will take the biggest PR hit cause marvel had its prints all over spiderman so u cant ignore happy,nick fury and all the RDJ mentoring.

The fox deal came later so maybe thats what got disney waggin its dyck because they got a whole roster of characters they fully own but the spidey build up is too valuable to throw away and an insult to the fans. Get it together marvel/ sony

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Stupid on Sony's part

They won't get it until marvel pulls Disney films from Sony services.

Stocks already dropped.

The only reason spiderman popped like it did was because of Disney's work. Fall back

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
What Disney is asking for though is completely unreasonable...

Disney demanding 50/50 from solo Spidey films is asinine and downright greedy...

Disney has released what? 4 movies in the last 5 months and how many billions did they make?

Did SONY complain about not seeing any money from End Game which heavily featured Spidey?

SONY drops one blockbuster and these Disney clowns want 50/50 of that from now ? How is that reasonable?

Everyone is getting paid and everyone is happy, except Disney who wants more...smh...and SONY has nothing to lose here, Spidey is a cash machine, doesn't matter what studio is producing the films...They released a Spider-Man game exclusive to their console with zero fukks given and made stupid money off of it...SONY ain't losing here, its the fans that Disney is completely fukking over with their greed...

1. Spiderman wasnt heavily features in end game.

2. It was #marvelset and casual marvel fans and marvel stans that helped push Spidey to a billion.

And now sony things marvel fans will support their projects fully now. This version of Spiderman will be forever connected to the MCU. If Sony tries to erase that, it will backfire greatly.

hjnm

All Star
Daps
Stupid on Sony's part

They won't get it until marvel pulls Disney films from Sony services.

Stocks already dropped.

The only reason spiderman popped like it did was because of Disney's work. Fall back

They'll come to a deal soon but the stock dropped by a tenth of a percent lol, that ain't shyt and probably wasn't due to this. Spider-Man live action has been a consistent money maker for almost 20 years and will continue to be so.

The character doesn't need to be in the MCU anymore, there are thousands of Spidey stories that don't involve the wider Marvel Universe and if there has been a consistent criticism of MCU Spider, it is his lack of independence.

Status
Not open for further replies.