David Goggins defends Joe Rogan (NAVY Seal motivation guy)

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Goggins is a very loyal dude tbh. In his book he makes it a point to name drop everyone that has helped him and also does it in his interviews/social media posts too. He regularly cites Rogan as the guy who helped him break through (Goggins and Jocko Willink both got famous off of Rogans podcast) and who first told him to write a book.
Loyalty to me does not mean defending ppl when they are wrong

I wouldn't do that for family

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Loyalty to me does not mean defending ppl when they are wrong

I wouldn't do that for family

I mean he does say Joe is wrong. :yeshrug:

I think Goggins point is "ok joe is wrong but why does it matter now?" and hes not lying, this digging into Rogans past is mostly motivated by his stance on the Vax.

Whats missing here though is that Rogan brought this on himself. He has operated under a false premise of "being open to other opinions :ehh:" and used his platform as a vehicle to broadcast his own opinions about the vax and social causes and very coyly let his adjacent right fanbase dictate the shows direction.

You cant spend a nearly two years minimizing covid, thumbing your nose at all the research, politicians, and experts who dont agree with you and basically become the spokesperson for the "my individual LIBERTY means more than the collective effort and I can out-research professionals :upsetfavre:" crowd and think people wont have a bone to pick with you.

Bottom line is, Joe has the worlds biggest podcast and has never accepted any of the responsibility that comes with the platform.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When he says it’s truly because of his views on other matters I believe that.

a lot of racists now aline with left leaning ideologies and don’t get smoke.

The likes of Justin Trudeau and Biden are good example. The former has dressed in black face. The latter wrote a eulogy for the funeral of his staunch segregationist and Former KkK mentor Robert Byrd on top of a slew of other racist shyt.

Throw Justin Beiber as a non politician in the ring too. On video using ****** in racist jokes. Has been forgiven.

If Joe was currently some left leaning butterfly this would have been swept under the rug. But he’s viewed as a MAGA(he voted for Sanders LOL) anti vaxxer with 11 million monthly listeners. It’s in folks vested interest to get him out the paint. Particularly the mainstream media who want his market share back.

I would consider bieber vs Joe organ shyt different. Rogan is a grown ass man using the n word and saying racist shyt in over 100 clips. Bieber was a kid and you would hope he has matured as an adult. Kids get some leeway. Adults do not.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I mean he does say Joe is wrong. :yeshrug:

I think Goggins point is "ok joe is wrong but why does it matter now?" and hes not lying, this digging into Rogans past is mostly motivated by his stance on the Vax.

Whats missing here though is that Rogan brought this on himself. He has operated under a false premise of "being open to other opinions :ehh:" and used his platform as a vehicle to broadcast his own opinions about the vax and social causes and very coyly let his adjacent right fanbase dictate the shows direction.

You cant spend a nearly two years minimizing covid, thumbing your nose at all the research, politicians, and experts who dont agree with you and basically become the spokesperson for the "my individual LIBERTY means more than the collective effort and I can out-research professionals :upsetfavre:" crowd and think people wont have a bone to pick with you.

Bottom line is, Joe has the worlds biggest podcast and has never accepted any of the responsibility that comes with the platform.
He said Hoe Rogan is not a racist

Daps
I always find it odd when someone says they’ve been called “******” on multiple occasions throughout their life. I honestly don’t recall, outside of idiots in online game lobbies, ever encountering someone who called me that. Might be because I grew up in a state where the racism isn’t of the overt kind.

:francis:
You gotta read his book to
Understand. He grew up in a small town..

Daps
When he says it’s truly because of his views on other matters I believe that.

a lot of racists now aline with left leaning ideologies and don’t get smoke.

The likes of Justin Trudeau and Biden are good example. The former has dressed in black face. The latter wrote a eulogy for the funeral of his staunch segregationist and Former KkK mentor Robert Byrd on top of a slew of other racist shyt.

Throw Justin Beiber as a non politician in the ring too. On video using ****** in racist jokes. Has been forgiven.

If Joe was currently some left leaning butterfly this would have been swept under the rug. But he’s viewed as a MAGA(he voted for Sanders LOL) anti vaxxer with 11 million monthly listeners. It’s in folks vested interest to get him out the paint. Particularly the mainstream media who want his market share back.
Joe Rogan would 'rather vote for Trump than Biden' after endorsing Sanders | US elections 2020 | The Guardian

he didn’t vote sanders, but go ahead and post through it if you need to

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Joe Rogan needed to be held accountable for all the wild shyt he was saying
The fact that he went this long and actually had been blending in with legitimate people who want nothing to do with this type of toxic shyt shows you how little people actually research who they say they like.

Joe Rogan should have been instantly cancelled for this N word shyt and he has been saying variations of this racist planet of the apes rhetoric for awhile now. The fact that people are actually doing oppo research on him now shows you how little people cared about him before but now on the other side of 100m spotify deal he needs to be quelled

Now the line of ignorant black people come out to defend him but its less effective because he has said all this shyt in the public space of his podcast not in the privacy of his home or in anger(as if that would make it better)
No he is getting done up because buried within all those eps spotify removed was a bunch of racist alt right jargon that had no filter

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Goggins isn't even defending Rogan like that. he's going at the liberals weaponizing racism. Rogan has BEEN like that. Nothing was said by our 'allies'... but the minute Rogan steps out of line with not pushing the views the liberals REALLY care about, now they are trying to get him out of the paint. Once the Neil Young leaving thing didn't work, now they are coming with the whole racism angle. Don't bring black people in your fights when it's convenient.