David Chase Finally Answers If Tony Died In Sopranos

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
took me a few years to get caught up with the final season as was surprised to find out fictional mob boss tony s. was snitching for the feds. kind of threw me off.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
doesn't matter. the final scene purposely spends an inordinate amount of time on a suspicious looking guido type dude who keeps lookin in tony's direction.

you can't tell me the "he was there to kill tony" camp doesn't have validation.

There was actually a few people in that diner that looked suspicious. I think that was the point to have people debating it years after it ended. Just like the Lost and Inception debates. I always thought he survived though and I'm glad Chase is finally saying it now. If Tony did get shot in that diner, then they should have shown it and ended the show with The family moving on and being happy without him and Fureo coming back and marrying Carmela.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
bro there are people that still think bruce died at the end of tdkr.

and even though i think the movie suggests otherwise, it doesn't outright deny it either.

once again the audience has the right to interpret it any way they please.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm sure if he already said he died then this question would have been dead by now (no pun). And I have been following as many of these articles as possible since Sopranos ended and I never seen him say he died. I remember him saying it was up to the viewer to decide once way back, but if he is now saying he didn't die and he CREATED the damn show then that's the answer. Point blank. This debate is as stupid as the Inception movie ending debate. Ya'll prolly thought Leo was dreaming the whole time too I bet.

Breh, did you get into some kind of long, draw out argument about this, and now feel vindicated because Chase is saying what you want to hear?

I have no dog in this fight. Check my history, I have basically zero posts about the ending of "The Sopranos". So I personally don't give a fukk either way. The idea that an entire series, 5, 6, 7 years of story should be summed up in 1 final episode or scene, is a relatively new concept.

Having said that, if you've been following all these articles Chase, HBO, etc. has been hinting that Tony died basically nonstop since the show ended. How you missed all that, I have no idea.

One argument for the former points to a conversation that Tony had in the midseason premiere episode "Soprano Home Movies" with his brother-in-law Bobby, in which Bobby comments on how suddenly and without sound death can happen in their lives as gangsters: "You probably don't even hear it when it happens, right?" A flashback to this scene also appears in the final minutes of "The Blue Comet", the episode preceding "Made in America". When questioned on the theory, HBO spokesman Quentin Schaffer stated that the conversation is a "legitimate" hint.

Actor Matt Servitto told Entertainment Weekly that in the script, the scene continued with the man in the Members Only jacket emerging from the bathroom and starting to walk towards Tony's table before the screen cuts to black, but he preferred the ending that made the final cut of the episode.

David Chase: There are no esoteric clues in there. No Da Vinci Code. Everything that pertains to that episode was in that episode. And it was in the episode before that and the one before that and seasons before this one and so on. There had been indications of what the end is like. Remember when Gerry Torciano was killed? Silvio was not aware that the gun had been fired until after Gerry was on his way down to the floor. That's the way things happen: It's already going on by the time you even notice it. I'm not saying anything. And I'm not trying to be coy. It's just that I think that to explain it would diminish it.

So :heh: at acting like "Tony Soprano is alive!" isn't completely out of left field. Like I said, dude is trolling.

And that's just from Wikipedia. I don't have the patience to Google more info on a show that ended 7 years ago.

Fred.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
hes just saying that because james died in reality. probably also gonna say some shyt about "oh yea there was a movie in the works tony was still alive at the end" knowing they cant finish it up now. everything hes said in the past, and on the show, pointed to tony catching one at the end of the show

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I knew he lived just like Leonardo DiCaprio wasn't dreaming at the end in inception!:yes:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
i just assume this man is a troll. they sold it as a death, even with the discussion about how when you get killed, you dont see it coming. im gonna stick with him getting whacked.

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
Been saying it for fukking years that if you watch the ending it's all about the camera angles... every time the bell rang when someone came in the restaurant you were looking through tony's eyes at the door... in the last part when meadow finally parked the fukking car after 45 minutes of trying to park the god damn thing you hear the bell and were seeing tony which meant you were seeing through AJ's eyes since he was right across the table and then it went black which meant AJ got that work!

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Been saying it for fukking years that if you watch the ending it's all about the camera angles... every time the bell rang when someone came in the restaurant you were looking through tony's eyes at the door... in the last part when meadow finally parked the fukking car after 45 minutes of trying to park the god damn thing you hear the bell and were seeing tony which meant you were seeing through AJ's eyes since he was right across the table and then it went black which meant AJ got that work!

:dead: