David Chase Finally Answers If Tony Died In Sopranos

Nino Soprano

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bmore
I lost all love for Tony after what he did to Chris

Imo, Tony died...dude who was watching him and went to the bathroom popped him..that's how MY Sopranos ended lol

I wish the show was still on tho...it left a void :mjcry:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Not a liar but it's disingenuous as hell to paint a story one way for 7 years, then drop a sentence that is in direct opposition of that. At what point does the narrative end? What if he says "nah, Tony is dead" 7 years from now? Will people be like :manny: "well, we gotta listen to the creator"?

Also like I said, if you take this at face value because the alternative is he's a "liar", what was he when he was constantly hinting the exact opposite? Why take what he's saying as the gospel, now?

I'm just playing the devil's advocate here trying to understand the logic. I never felt strongly either way about the finale.

Fred.

This is literally exactly what happened, 7 years after I made this post. :mjlol:

Sooner or later we'll all see who the prophet is. :ahh:

Fred.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Chase just couldn’t give the fans what we wanted he had to be a dikk

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
The clues are there all throughout season 5 and 6 that he was killed. There are so many clues in just the episode "home movies" that it's almost impossible to think otherwise, and I'm not even talking about the infamous conversation with Bobby in the boat ("this magic moment" playing over the radio and then at the end of the scene, only to pop up again on the jukebox in the diner when Tony is trying to pick a song; the nanny telling the story about the ducks flying away to his baby niece when they're in the lake; etc.). Tony knew where it was headed with Phil way back in season 5 after he had the test dream and was frantically trying to keep it from happening (thus the visit to Phil in the hospital after Phil had the heart attack...then as he was leaving Butchie gets in his way and Tony walks away realizing the people around Phil are controlling him...and this is right after Agent Harris tells him that the higher ups in Phil's Crew are talking about killing some of his men).

Anyways I could go on and on. Tony was killed.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Dr. Melfi shutting the door on Tony was the final nail in the coffin for him.

Daps
He said it in the original interview....which is why this thread was started. :why:

Fred.
Post the quote. I asked someone to post it, and you responded with a wall of text, but no quote. I skimmed the article and couldn’t find it.