David Chase Finally Answers If Tony Died In Sopranos

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:heh:Did you really just post a wiki page for me to read. That don't prove shyt.

:ufdup:And you're still wrong.

I'm not trying to prove anything. It just seemed to me like you have never heard of authorial intent (and more importantly, why it is more or less meaningless in criticism) and I thought you may want to get a little smarter.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I'm gonna assume you haven't been reading up on "The Sopranos" since it ended. Chase said they originally were gonna go with no end credits, all black, like a funeral moment of silence to let people know how it ended, but he decided to make it ambiguous. That's gonna be virtually impossible to find now because any Google for "did Tony Soprano die?" is gonna bring up 5 billion articles from this morning about it.

Don't really care if you believe me or not though. :manny:

Fred.

I'm sure if he already said he died then this question would have been dead by now (no pun). And I have been following as many of these articles as possible since Sopranos ended and I never seen him say he died. I remember him saying it was up to the viewer to decide once way back, but if he is now saying he didn't die and he CREATED the damn show then that's the answer. Point blank. This debate is as stupid as the Inception movie ending debate. Ya'll prolly thought Leo was dreaming the whole time too I bet.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I'm gonna assume you haven't been reading up on "The Sopranos" since it ended. Chase said they originally were gonna go with no end credits, all black, like a funeral moment of silence to let people know how it ended, but he decided to make it ambiguous. That's gonna be virtually impossible to find now because any Google for "did Tony Soprano die?" is gonna bring up 5 billion articles from this morning about it.

Don't really care if you believe me or not though. :manny:

Fred.

They made it up as they went along and tony dying makes no sense. Butchie wasnt even fukkin with Phil in the end. You people act like the last season wasnt total shyt and giving credit cause some fakkit writer left it ambiguous.

they need to stop giving writers this creative freedom to make copout endings and shyt. Its the same thing with novel authors, I know damn well 96% of them are bullshytting when they talk about leaving it up to the readers.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I'm not trying to prove anything. It just seemed to me like you have never heard of authorial intent (and more importantly, why it is more or less meaningless in criticism) and I thought you may want to get a little smarter.

I think you need to get smarter since you're the one saying the creator is wrong about his own show. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
but if he is now saying he didn't die and he CREATED the damn show then that's the answer. Point blank.

george lucas created star wars too.

so that means we also gotta believe that the force is measured by the amount of midichloirian cells in your blood?

:mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
what about when the creators of lost told everyone there was a plan and that would all make sense.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot

so that means we also gotta believe that the force is measured by the amount of midichloirian cells in your blood?

:mjpls:Can we stay on topic. You ain't even making valid arguments. The force isn't real. Who the fukk cares how it's measured.

:snoop:I'm starting to see why you fanboys can't understand basic shyt. Everything has to have a deeper meaning or some math equation to it or it doesn't make sense.

:mjlol:It's a show.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
you're sayin that every single thing that comes outta the creator's mouth gotta be taken as unequivocal fact and that we're not allowed to have our own opinions.

so i don't see why would have a problem with anything i said. sounds like you would agree on both counts.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
you're sayin that every single thing that comes outta the creator's mouth gotta be taken as unequivocal fact and that we're not allowed to have our own opinions.

so i don't see why would have a problem with anything i said. sounds like you would agree on both counts.

If you wanna believe that Tony died, so be it. I can't argue with someone that thinks the creators would have Tony assassinated in front of his wife and kids in the middle of a diner with so many witnesses. That's not how the mob works if you actually watched the show.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
If you wanna believe that Tony died, so be it. I can't argue with someone that thinks the creators would have Tony assassinated in front of his wife and kids in the middle of a diner with so many witnesses. That's not how the mob works if you actually watched the show.
tony had phil killed in front of his wife and grandkids. could've been payback.

the point it is doesn't matter what happened or what didn't happen. the point is it was an ambiguous ending so the audience has the right to interpret any way they please.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
tony had phil killed in front of his wife and grandkids. could've been payback.

the point it is doesn't matter what happened or what didn't happen. the point is it was an ambiguous ending so the audience has the right to interpret any way they please.

I don't think Tony planned it to be infront of his family, but it was the only time Phil showed his face in public and everyone was looking for him so they had to get it done at that moment. Killing Tony would have been easy, you know where to find him. He wasn't in hiding.

Like I said though, if you wanna believe he died in that diner then so be it. If Chase's answer isn't enough I don't know what else would sway your opinion.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps

if that is what the creator of a made up story say's it is why is it hard to believe?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I don't think Tony planned it to be infront of his family, but it was the only time Phil showed his face in public and everyone was looking for him so they had to get it done at that moment. Killing Tony would have been easy, you know where to find him. He wasn't in hiding.

doesn't matter. the final scene purposely spends an inordinate amount of time on a suspicious looking guido type dude who keeps lookin in tony's direction.

you can't tell me the "he was there to kill tony" camp doesn't have validation.